Out of sync audio tracks

Author
cowgard
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12
2005/09/14 20:57:26 (permalink)

Out of sync audio tracks

I have 16 tracks recorded into my Fostex VF 16 digital recorder. They playback fine from the Fostex. I saved them onto a Jazz Disc and from the Jazz disc sent them to my computer hard drive. I imported all the tracks into Sonor Home Studio for some editing but some of the tracks are out of sync. I have never had this problem before with HS 2004 on a slower computer but then I never tied to play back 16 tracks at once. I don't think it is a computer speed problem because it is the same two tracks out of sync every time.
I deleted all the tracks from the hard drive and Jazz and did the whole process again with the same results.Any suggestions? Thanks.
David

1.8 Celeron, 512 RAM

2 Replies Related Threads

boten
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: Out of sync audio tracks 2005/09/14 23:54:43 (permalink)
    Can you tell if the tracks start on time but then they are out of sync or they do not start on time? The first problem could be solved by manually locating the tracks on the right starting point with respect to the track that starts at measure 1:1:000.
    The second problem leads to believe there are some sample rate differences between the project sample rate in HS and the original audio tracks.
    BluesMeister
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 581
    RE: Out of sync audio tracks 2005/09/16 00:59:42 (permalink)
    Try muting all of the tracks then unmute them one at a time during playback to see where it starts to drift out of synch.

If it's always the same two tracks that are out of synch it could be, as Boten suggest, the wav files are a different sampling rate than you project. The only thing that makes me cautious about that statement though is the fact that only two tracks are affected. Does your Fostex allow you to vary the sampling rate? Ensure that your CakeWalk is set to the same bit depth and sampling rate as your Fostex.

BluesMeister
    5 guitars, 1 amplifier, 3 pedals
    Asus P8P67LE, i7 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD
    Win7 Home Premium 64-Bit SP-1
    Sonar 8.5.3 64-Bit, RME HDSPe AIO
    Spendor BC-1 Studio Monitors
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1