Output releases ARCADE - Loop designer, synth,

Author
simeon
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 494
2018/06/12 17:12:44 (permalink)

Output releases ARCADE - Loop designer, synth,

This looks very exciting.
Also they are giving you 100 days to try it out, but from what I hear you won't need that long!

https://output.com/arcade

Simeon Amburgey
Sound Creations, Inc.
www.PraiseTracks.com
***PS.89:15***

6 Replies Related Threads

Fleer
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8715
    Re: Output releases ARCADE - Loop designer, synth, 2018/06/12 17:40:09 (permalink)
    Yep, it's pretty good and pretty deep. About time developers find new ways of making music. Output definitely do.

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl" (Wish You Were Here)
    TheSteven
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2037
    Re: Output releases ARCADE - Loop designer, synth, 2018/06/12 21:38:15 (permalink)
    Smells like a subscription service to me...

Has anyone checked the fine print?
    The wording "Get 100 days free" to me implies a subscription model.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
    My Tunes
    simeon
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 494
    Re: Output releases ARCADE - Loop designer, synth, 2018/06/12 21:51:27 (permalink)
    TheSteven
    Smells like a subscription service to me...

Has anyone checked the fine print?
    The wording "Get 100 days free" to me implies a subscription model.

Yes it is.
    it is $10 per month after the first 100 days.
    You can cancel at anytime and Arcade will still function with older projects so you would not lose your previous work while covered under the subscription. You just cannot go into the plugin and download new content, edit a patch, etc.. You still could change the sound with the Macro controls I guess if you needed to.

There is a lot of deep functionality here in the way you can alter, shape and perform the samples and kits.
    I am just now getting to understand some of the concepts but what I have seen and heard so far is amazing.

Simeon Amburgey
    Sound Creations, Inc.
    www.PraiseTracks.com
    ***PS.89:15***
    msorrels
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1025
    Re: Output releases ARCADE - Loop designer, synth, 2018/06/13 00:59:17 (permalink)
    Signed up, not really keen on a $10/month sub, but I'll try anything.

The installer is kind of strange, doesn't really let me decide where I want to put the content (have to do that inside the plugin itself).

The GUI isn't resizeable.  On my 4096x2160 monitor it's kind of small.

Crashed twice in less than 10 minutes for me.  Crashed just trying to loading a kit.  Then crashed playing some loops and adding effect keys.  This is with Cubase 9.5 using the VST3 version.

Loops and sounds aren't WAV files, only usable in the plugin.  Can't drag and drop out of the plugin.

So far I'm not all that impressed.

-Matt

pwalpwal
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3249
    Re: Output releases ARCADE - Loop designer, synth, 2018/06/28 17:18:41 (permalink)
    isn't the roland cloud only 20 a month?

just a sec

msorrels
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1025
    Re: Output releases ARCADE - Loop designer, synth, 2018/06/28 18:16:22 (permalink)
    A few days ago I uninstalled Arcade and canceled my 100 day sub (early).  They had kept adding new kits (every day pretty much) and new wave files (maybe once a week a new bunch, though the one bunch I went through looking at were mostly just synth generated waveforms and not real loops) but more and more it became clear it's not how I compose with loops.  I've never been super fond of the "we map a loop to a note on the keyboard" type of things and that is exactly Arcade.  Which might be fine for some playing "live" and recording maybe, but I think I need a whole lot more control. 

I need to be able to see what each loop is before I hit the key/draw the note in the key roll.  Clicking on a key's edit button to find out the name of the loop/see the loop is crazy painful.  I need to be able to drag the loop out into an audio track as plain audio so I can see it and do things with it, without having to record the synth/etc.  I also really needed their UI to be resizeable.  I don't care so much about scaling, that's not my issue.  Small tiny text/icons are fine with me, but I when looking at a huge library of content I can't live in a window that only shows 6 entries.  That's crazy on a monitor like I'm using.

They do seem to be doing things, but their direction and mine just don't match.  I think I'd rather re-subscribe to Noiiz for another year than do Arcade.  And don't kid yourself about being able to use projects after you end the subscription.  You won't be able to move that project to another computer (no UI without a active subscription), you won't be able to "hook" a project to the loop files.  You might be able to play the project for a little while after your sub ends, but don't count on actually using/changing/modifying the project at all.  Which means you might as well just bounce the tracks to audio and remove Arcade.

Their uninstaller also doesn't clean up the content and settings they download.  Which isn't a bad thing but I'd really like it if they included an option to do that full clean up.  I really didn't want any of their stuff when I decided it wasn't for me.  Ended up having to manually clean up directories.  And most of those directories weren't small.  I had downloaded enough content I needed to clean it off.
    post edited by msorrels - 2018/06/28 18:50:00

-Matt

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1