P5 Wiki T-shirt article...

Author
agincourtdb
Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4753
2005/06/15 22:48:39 (permalink)

P5 Wiki T-shirt article...

My article/timeline of the P5 tshirt movement is almost complete (I know, I know, "have you ever kissed a girl?" Back off! )

Painted Blue: Do you still have that Photoshop mock-up jpg? send it to me or post. agincourtdb at netzero dot com

Nick or Jesse or somebody at Cake: wanna comment for the record?

13 Replies Related Threads

agincourtdb
    RE: P5 Wiki T-shirt article... 2005/06/16 01:04:35 (permalink)
    Okay, it's up at http://p5.sonarama.com/p5/index.php?title=P5shirthistory

If someone wants to do a better formatting job (hey, it looked great in MSWord!) be my guest.

Also, it's not linked from the table of contents (I don't know how to do this) it should probably under a new category, like, 'fun stuff' or something. Wiki mavens?

And I don't want any comments about what else I could have accomplished in the three hours it took me to research all these threads.

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: P5 Wiki T-shirt article... 2005/06/16 08:43:09 (permalink)
    Great and hilarious! I linked to the page from the General FAQ.

By the way, here is how you would link it (this is a copy of the edit I made to the General FAQ page) using an internal Wiki link:

== Can I get a Project5 T-Shirt? ==
    [[P5shirthistory|Project5 T-Shirt History]] Everything you need to know about Project5 T-Shirts is found here.

In that example the [[pagename]] is all you need, but if you want the link text to be different than the page name then you add [[pagename|displayname]] instead.

If you write an article and need to link to an external website from it use a single [] set instead of [[ ]] like this (and leave out the | separator for the title):

[http://www.technetos.com/technetos/project5/ Technetos Project5 Site]
    post edited by techead - 2005/06/16 12:33:07
    wrench45us
    Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4991
    RE: P5 Wiki T-shirt article... 2005/06/16 08:54:25 (permalink)

i am most impressed by your sense of history and your abilities as an archivist. and i have honestly known an archivist or two and you share many of their traits, thoroughness, eye for detail... ok let's be honest they all tend to be obsessive/compulsive and anal. but I mean that in the best possible way. Without them history would be lost and so it is with this electronic archive.
    it's just that before i thought that aggie was one of the more stable members of the P5 Insomniacs Club. I mean he plays horn in a ska band -- that seems relatively stable, but maybe staring/studying those Madness LPs has had an unanticipated side effect.

ZuN
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 622
    RE: P5 Wiki T-shirt article... 2005/06/16 11:18:35 (permalink)
    the entry with my P5 thread is the wrong one it should be this link where we did the classic P5 T-shirt liberation mission http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=435569&mpage=1&key=

edit: oops nevermind i read it wrong
    post edited by ZuN - 2005/06/16 11:40:43
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: P5 Wiki T-shirt article... 2005/06/16 13:05:38 (permalink)
    Say, this reminds me...the first 20 Project5 users to post a song created in Project5 V2 right after it shipped were supposed to be awarded one of the new Project5 T-Shirts. I count 19 songs posted (I could be wrong) but I don't know if all of them are version 2 or not.

So when are the shirts coming?
    agincourtdb
    RE: P5 Wiki T-shirt article... 2005/06/16 17:49:01 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ZuN

the entry with my P5 thread is the wrong one it should be this link where we did the classic P5 T-shirt liberation mission http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=435569&mpage=1&key=

edit: oops nevermind i read it wrong

I had missed that thread (dunno how, it should have showed up in the search) It's now added.

agincourtdb
    RE: P5 Wiki T-shirt article... 2005/06/16 17:51:58 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: wrench45us

i am most impressed by your sense of history and your abilities as an archivist. and i have honestly known an archivist or two and you share many of their traits, thoroughness, eye for detail... ok let's be honest they all tend to be obsessive/compulsive and anal. but I mean that in the best possible way. Without them history would be lost and so it is with this electronic archive.
    it's just that before i thought that aggie was one of the more stable members of the P5 Insomniacs Club. I mean he plays horn in a ska band -- that seems relatively stable, but maybe staring/studying those Madness LPs has had an unanticipated side effect.

I'm stable... I'm just eccentric.

I'm actually about as non-OCD as you can get... I routinely don't get around to finishing stuff. Its just that I didn't know this would involve as much effort as it eventually did, and by the time I had realized it was a pain, it had become, i dunno, a personal challenge, lol.

Anyway, there it is. I'll be amazed if anyone ever actually reads the thing after we're done checking it

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: P5 Wiki T-shirt article... 2005/06/16 17:56:22 (permalink)
    And I don't want any comments about what else I could have accomplished in the three hours it took me to research all these threads.
    Wouldn't try to change a thing, Aggie. This is perfect, and it brings back a lot of memories. The tactic of weaving together the far-flung threads with a running commentary was just right, and a casual reading really shows how quickly a post on any subject could disintegrate into a long t-shirt thread. Then, suddenly Pssst!, and it was over in one fell swoop on V2 Day, no less. [Those little dickens really were listening in; who would have thought?] Ah, those were the days ...

This is clearly the most important of the P5 Folklore subjects to chronicle, but there's a wealth of them out there yet to be assembled. The list reads like a Seinfeld marathon: Mikey's disappearance/kidnapping [followup with the walrus]; Post-Its; Dan Deacon idolatry; the Canadian wars; trance/dance pidgeonholing; P5k00L; European perk segregation; TV Tray Studios; the No-Nude campaign that fizzled out; the Zima/Cake connection & Nick's transformation; Good Groove/Bad Groove; the Project5.com atrophy; Rene's Cakewalk landing, then settling in P5; the Red-Headed Stepchild Syndrome; the list could go on & on. I've barely scratched the surface.

There might even be a need to go back to pre-history [before 1.5], and translate those occasional grunts and snorts that we used to call threads. A persistent sort could even attempt to go back to The Beginning: 1.0; the MIDIOut release [Who is this guy? Oh, well: thanks for the plugin ...], a quick maintenance release, and an NG. I wonder if anyone managed to capture those posts, or if they're lost to the ravages of time.

There was a long Dark Period after that, with no Cake contact and only the sporatic smoke signal from another P5'er survivor. Your new post would stay on page one for a month or so. I was so starved for content that I even jumped to Yahoo [I'm still paying for that] and watched as that forum died an agonizing death.

That's a tall order for any P5 Historian. I do think that Aggie is highly qualified for this, but that way too much work to ask anyone in particular. Even Techead. I guess that we'll all have to pick a Folklore subject that's close to our own hearts and start building this thing up one by one. But it would indeed be sad and ironic if, after all of this hard-fought work, we suddenly became renowned as the World's Funniest Forum or Quirkiest Quorum.
    agincourtdb
    RE: P5 Wiki T-shirt article... 2005/06/16 18:06:31 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: b rock
    This is clearly the most important of the P5 Folklore subjects to chronicle, but there's a wealth of them out there yet to be assembled. The list reads like a Seinfeld marathon: Mikey's disappearance/kidnapping [followup with the walrus]; Post-Its; Dan Deacon idolatry; the Canadian wars; trance/dance pidgeonholing; P5k00L; European perk segregation; TV Tray Studios; the No-Nude campaign that fizzled out; the Zima/Cake connection & Nick's transformation; Good Groove/Bad Groove; the Project5.com atrophy; Rene's Cakewalk landing, then settling in P5; the Red-Headed Stepchild Syndrome; the list could go on & on. I've barely scratched the surface.

Ahh, but it's all related. Oliver Stone, where are you when we need you?!?!

There might even be a need to go back to pre-history [before 1.5], and translate those occasional grunts and snorts that we used to call threads. A persistent sort could even attempt to go back to The Beginning: 1.0; the MIDIOut release [Who is this guy? Oh, well: thanks for the plugin ...], a quick maintenance release, and an NG. I wonder if anyone managed to capture those posts, or if they're lost to the ravages of time.

I wasn't around for some of this... although it appears I joined two months after you. I don't think I became a check-the-forum-several-times-a-day-er for a while yet

There was a long Dark Period after that, with no Cake contact and only the sporatic smoke signal from another P5'er survivor. Your new post would stay on page one for a month or so. I was so starved for content that I even jumped to Yahoo [I'm still paying for that] and watched as that forum died an agonizing death.

I call this time period "The years the locusts hath eaten." (Free Tshirt to anyone who names the reference [not really])

That's a tall order for any P5 Historian. I do think that Aggie is highly qualified for this, but that way too much work to ask anyone in particular. Even Techead. I guess that we'll all have to pick a Folklore subject that's close to our own hearts and start building this thing up one by one. But it would indeed be sad and ironic if, after all of this hard-fought work, we suddenly became renowned as the World's Funniest Forum or Quirkiest Quorum.

okay, but I swear to god I'll beat senseless the first person to use the word 'meme'.

MurderDethKill
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1904
    RE: P5 Wiki T-shirt article... 2005/06/16 18:16:43 (permalink)
    Excellent work Dave!!!
    By far this is my Favorite Wiki Article!!!
    post edited by MurderDethKill - 2005/06/16 18:19:03

My site i guess;)
    Monstruousubergeekyhardcorefunkytrancepolkaoptimism Lives!!!
    ucacjbs
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 866
    RE: P5 Wiki T-shirt article... 2005/06/16 18:23:22 (permalink)

Nice work with the T-shirt write-up. It really has the makings of a classic mem ... er ... orable tale. Yes, memorable tale.
    wrench45us
    Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4991
    RE: P5 Wiki T-shirt article... 2005/06/16 19:07:58 (permalink)
    I don't think I became a check-the-forum-several-times-a-day-er for a while yet

well for many many months it really wasn't necessary
    once or twice a week was a fanatical level

Digital Aura
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5118
    RE: P5 Wiki T-shirt article... 2005/06/16 19:25:27 (permalink)
    Nice! Very funny..and glad this will now be in the P5 annals from this day forth and not some urban legend that our kids' kids will doubt ever happened!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1