PC to Yamaha Keyboard problem

Author
Organist
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2007/02/17 22:53:31 (permalink)

PC to Yamaha Keyboard problem

I am trying to interface a Yamaha DGX-500 kyboard to a brand new Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop PC running the new Windows Vista operating system. I have the 5 pin IN/OUT cables (that came with Music Creator) plugged to OUT/IN on the keyboard. The other end of this cable has a 15 pin connector meant to plug into a game port. I connected it to a USB port on the PC using a Manhattan USB to game port interface. When I run Music Creator 2003 and click on Options, MIDI devices, the device window block for "inputs" is empty.

I have done some reading on how to solve this. Sources talk about setting up a wave profiler. But, Vista does not have the usual control panel settings menu. Their built in help does not recognize "wave" or "midi" and there are no useful selections on the sound card "advanced" tab.

How do I get Cakewalk to recognize the game port on USB, not internal to a sound card as the MIDI interface? The device menu does now recognize that the PC has a game port attached.

Also, I get a "cannot create Staff view musical symbol font" when starting Music Creator. The information for this problem under "FAQ's" on the Cakewalk web site is useless. They should have the font file on the downloads page. What is the workaround for this problem? Does absence of this file mean that you can't put notes on the staff in staff view?

Help!?!?!?

3 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: PC to Yamaha Keyboard problem 2007/02/17 22:57:31 (permalink)
    The wave profiler is in MC, not Windows. I don't know the screens for MC3, but it should be under 'Options>Audio>Advanced', or something like that.
    Greg
    Sorry, just re-read your post. In MC 2003 it is 'Options>Audio>Advanced'.
    Don't know about the font thing. Try it.
    post edited by 57Gregy - 2007/02/17 23:23:20

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    switchdoc
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 89
    RE: PC to Yamaha Keyboard problem 2007/02/17 23:57:42 (permalink)
    Yeah,

I think my setup at the moment is simple enough to not have too many problems so far. But I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I really look into it. I'm going to look into some dual-boot software to see if I can dual-boot media center and regular XP. I told my wife I'd put off buying Vista for awhile since I've are a got so many things this month, am afraid that my stuff wouldn't work with it anyway.

Anybody recommend any good software for doing the dual-boot?

-- switch

The more I read these forums, the more my head hurts.
    gamblerschoice
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3226
    RE: PC to Yamaha Keyboard problem 2007/02/18 21:24:18 (permalink)
    Dual boot can be done without additional software. I don't remember the details, but if you search microsoft's data base or google it, it really just involves a different login or user definition, or something like that, not additional software. I'm sure others here can give better info...
    Later
    Albert

http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/lothlorienfantasy
    http://www.gamblerschoice.us/

He's a walking contradiction,
    partly truth and partly fiction, takin' every wrong direction on that
    lonesome road back home.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1