Author
James Argo
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 114
2015/02/17 16:15:25 (permalink)
4.67 (3)

PRV : Ability to choose the way notes shown in PRV

Dear Cakewalk,

First of all, please let me explain this issue from my point of view.
As far as I know, we have 3 different kind of way the notes shown in PRV. The regular "bar notes" , the "arrow head notes" (like in Drum mapped track ) and the "diamond shaped notes". Please look at these pics to see what I mean.

1. Regular bar notes

2. "Arrow Head notes" (Like in Drum mapped track)

3. Diamond shaped notes

Sonar automatically decided how those notes are shown correspond to how the MIDI track assigned to particular soft synth / MIDI device. The problem is, there is no option for us to change the view nor to choose how we want the notes to be shown.
Seems like Sonar has an absolute decision on how the notes is shown in PRV without giving us a chance to decide our self. The "decision engine" is somehow forged into the program.

I LOVE to work with Diamond shaped notes PRV when I work on my drum / percussion tracks. So much easier to draw the notes. I feel in total control to draw without worrying the notes length. However, the diamond shaped notes can only be viewed if we assign the MIDI track to some external MIDI device (should be in drum mode particularly) that has ins file imported. Other than that, you can not have your MIDI track shown as diamond shaped notes in PRV. Now we don't use external MIDI drum synth module, instead we use soft synths as our drum sound generator (Addictive drummer & EZDrummer), and we stuck with either "regular bar" notes, or "arrow head" notes in our PRV.

For more than 20 years of working with Cakewalk products, I always wanted to have control on how the notes shown in piano roll view the way I want it to show. I know I'm not the only one. You got the idea... :)

So Cakewalk, please please please include this feature (to select the PRV notes view the way we want it to show) in next release. Me and probably thousands loyal users around the world would appreciate you so much for this.

Thank you and best wishes.
James Argo

Cakewalk by BandLab!

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1