Pan not working....

Author
TheHamma
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2012/08/12 20:37:16 (permalink)

Pan not working....

Hi all, I have been working on about 9 songs, and this morning I noticed that the pan function is not working for individual tracks within the songs: i.e. I can move the slider (or create a pan envelope) for a track but they all come out centred ( I can vary the L&R output for the bus and that does change which speaker the whole mix comes out of). A few days a go I reinstalled GTP4 to try and solve an issue with plugins not working, so maybe that changed something, but I'd really like to know how to get the function back. Any ideas? Thanks The Hamma

1 Reply Related Threads

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re:Pan not working.... 2012/08/13 09:52:30 (permalink)
    Hello there Hamma, and welcome to the forum.

The most likely cause of your problem is that you've inadvertently selected Offset Mode for the projects.

If you have, you will see a plus sign (+) next to all the controls that can be offset - typically the Volume and Pan controls.

To return to 'normal' Envelope Mode, simply press the letter 'O' key on your PC keyboard (accidentally clicking this is how Offset Mode is usually turned on inadvertently):

Hope that helps, let us know if it doesn't and we can dig a bit deeper.

Steve 

Edit - as I don't have Guitar Tracks installed on this computer, the animation is from Cakewalk SONAR 8.5 Console View; but you will see the same effect in GT4.

post edited by SteveStrummerUK - 2012/08/13 09:55:46

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1