Paradise

Author
Dazed
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 665
2007/11/19 07:13:17 (permalink)

Paradise

Something new from Floridamusic, Warren Peese and I. This is called Paradise.

Thanks for taking the time to have a listen.

http://www.imusicscene.com/dfw/audio.php

10 Replies Related Threads

jamesg1213
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 21760
    RE: Paradise 2007/11/19 08:22:27 (permalink)
    Excellent track Dazed, great riffs and tones in this. I was hoping for a big guitar to come in after the first verse, and *bang!*, there it was!

Only crit is the timing on that classic arpeggio middle 8/bridge section - kinda fell apart a little, you might want to tighten that up a little.

Other than that, cool stuff, really like the song.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    AsherLongley
    • Total Posts : 683
    RE: Paradise 2007/11/19 13:54:22 (permalink)
    Dazed,

I'm glad to see you post a new song. This track is really good. The beginning made me think of Sammy Hagar era Van Halen.

When the right channel guitar comes in the guitar balance sounds really good.

The vocals seem a little shy and tucked away in the mix. Perhaps bring them up a little, give them a treble EQ adjustment, or adjust the compression.

Nice work! -Matt
    Dazed
    RE: Paradise 2007/11/20 19:11:35 (permalink)
    Thanks guys for the feedback guys.

I owe some reviews in here. iMusicScene has taken off lately so I have been extremely busy there. We have probably added a a few hundred new songs and at least 1500+ song reviews in the last week. Add that on top of site upgrades and getting ready for family to come in for the holiday's and I am beat!

Anyway I know I owe some reviews and will hit your songs up shortly!

Thanks again,
    Dazed
    fep
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1186
    RE: Paradise 2007/11/21 00:56:56 (permalink)
    This mix really sounds great and nice playing. I like it.

That is such a classic guitar tone you've got on this. And the vocals love the doubled part where I think I'm hearing some other processing/effect on the double vocal, what is that? Very nice touch.

Congrats on your site, I need to spend some time over there.
    lhansen
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4765
    RE: Paradise 2007/11/21 10:18:04 (permalink)
    Like this song Dazed. Big guitar tone and great vocals. Some timing issues in some spots ( drums?) Good song and the delivery is excellent. Don't get upset man, but this reminds me a little bit of the Scorpions.
    post edited by lhansen - 2007/11/23 12:23:57

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
    airmeki
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1598
    RE: Paradise 2007/11/22 22:58:57 (permalink)
    Dazed ... did I tell you already how much I like your vox? (I guess, I say that in every post I write, eh?). Again you nailed it, man. I love how your voice stands its ground on top of those awesome guitar riffs. Nice harmonies too. You know, something came to mind: How about adding a synth in there? I hear it coming in at several spots.
    One tiny thing I'd like to mention on the mix: The bass seems a bit, I'd boost it along with the drums. Latter are lacking punch, imo. But, this is just an EQ tweak away, I guess. The ending: I wouldn't fade out as you did. Just let the song finish itself as it does.
    Great job.
    Heinz.

theguitarplayer
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3523
    RE: Paradise 2007/11/23 14:28:49 (permalink)
    Dazed, Very nice song and jam. The only critique I would have is the vocals are a bit distant, that is, when I first started listening I have my 5:1 surround sound system turned on and could quite understand the vocals, so real quick, I turned them off and listened through my computer speakers and the same thing, then I unplugged the surround sound and plugged in my headsets, it was a little better then but still sounded a bit back, yet still out front of some of the instrumentation. I would turn the vocals up a bit and possibilly make them a little wetter. Now, may be just making them a little wetter will do the trick. This is just an opinion. The song is absolutely awesome and very well done, but the vocals to me IMO were just a bit back at my end and I have some pretty good sound listening equipment. Hope this is helpful. Thanks for sharing. John

Sonar X3 Studio, Acid Pro 7, Sound Forge Pro 9, Sonicfire Pro 5, Kinetic 2, Cinescore, HP Pavilion dv7, CORE i7, Q-740, 8gb Ram, Windows 7- 64 bit, 4 tb mem , Audiobox USB, Digitech GNX4, Gibson SG1 & SG3, Martin J65M, Washburn Custom Cumberland, 3 Marshall Amps, Casio 365 Keyboard, M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32,  Behringer Truth Monitors, Garritan Aria, EWQLCC, Alloy 2, Ozone 6, Melodyne 

http://www.soundclick.com/JohnRKennedy
    Dazed
    RE: Paradise 2007/11/25 21:31:31 (permalink)
    Thanks guys!

FEP stop and check out the site. Since Mix went down we are starting to get a lot of the members from there. So a ton of songs, genres as well as a ton of reviews.

James yeah we heard the timing issues as well. Too lazy to fix them before the Holiday!

Larry and Asher - I will take the scorps or sammy any day of the week!

airmeki - thanks for the comments and the suggestions! will take a look at the bass.

TGP - interesting comments on the different sound systems. I have only listened to the final via headphones. I need to burn a copy and listen in my car/home theater system.

Again I appreciate everyone taking the time to listen and post some comments.

Dazed
    ToneCarver
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1655
    RE: Paradise 2007/11/25 22:50:06 (permalink)
    Nice touch getting the wall of sound guitar mixed with the arpeggio riffing guitar so that both are audible and distinct. You have a great voice and delivery style. Vox could come up several db. Nice treatment/echoes on the harmony vox. The cymbals and high hat seem way up front to me. I am listening in headphones though, so that might make a difference. Great tone on those guitars and the guitar/bass balance seems just right to me. Your vocal delivery has a very connecting/convincing quality about it. Nice work.
    mcourter
    Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3442
    RE: Paradise 2007/11/27 15:30:30 (permalink)
    D - Great big fat guitars sound great. Solid riffing to go with those big chords. Vocals are a little subdued in the mix, I think they could come forward some. Otherwise a good mix.
    Mark

A few guitars, a couple of basses, a MIDI controller, a mandolin, a banjo, a mic, PodFarm2
    Unbridled Enthusiasm
     My music: www.Soundclick.com/markcourter
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1