Author
ronniebee
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 632
2004/08/21 18:36:55 (permalink)

Paramountsong-Is this place Legit???

http://www.paramountsong.com

Anybody know anything about these Guys?

I don't want to be ripped off for a song demo fee, and never get any backup promo. You know, like the National Lib of Poetry exploits poetic vanity.

Please Advise.

Ronnie Bee - X3 Producer, 64b 2.6 Q Core PC, Win7, 8mb. 11TB ATA HD Space, Focusrite Pro40 DTS SurSnd, Voice Prism Plus, Dim-Pro & Rapt 64bit. Yamaha Motif XF. RonnieBee'sGigabyteBand - Enchanting Moments Video Studio
http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=231503
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/ronniebee

30 Replies Related Threads

ronniebee
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2004/08/21 22:25:52 (permalink)
    Help! I'm being ignored.[sm=rolleyes.gif]

Ronnie Bee - X3 Producer, 64b 2.6 Q Core PC, Win7, 8mb. 11TB ATA HD Space, Focusrite Pro40 DTS SurSnd, Voice Prism Plus, Dim-Pro & Rapt 64bit. Yamaha Motif XF. RonnieBee'sGigabyteBand - Enchanting Moments Video Studio
    Semi Perfect
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 348
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2004/08/21 23:56:26 (permalink)
    well, I mean, best thing you can do is do a search on the web, see if there is any complaints about them somewhere.. check this site.. be sure to do a search for ALL and for about a year..

I looked at their website, it looked pretty good, i know that dont mean they are legit.. But it's not amatuerish.. I suspect they are more legit then "Statue" records that contacted me and others on Soundclick

3.6 ghz P4 w/HT 1 GB RAM / Sonar PE 4
    M-Audio Omni Studio w/Delta 66 / M-Audio BX5 monitors
    Marshall MXL 2003 / Roland Fantom X6
    Les Paul II guitar & Berhinger V-Amp 2

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/semiperfectmusic.htm
    stuartsmithmusic
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 970
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2004/08/22 01:21:45 (permalink)
    i'd call them,

or try and find something about them online, like Semi said.

thats all the advice i could give you.
    sorry matey
    ronniebee
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2004/08/22 02:28:57 (permalink)
    Hey guys.
    Alright, thanks for the action.

I did a search on the net, and could only find good things said about them. They are located in Nashville in the United Artist Tower, so they must have plenty of contacts.

I'm going to work up a 4 song CD, author's workdisk, send it in, and see what pops. If the demo isn't too expensive, it may be worth a shot.

A friend of mine, (who was the lead singer in our band at the time), and I, went to Nashville in the seventies, (the year Elvis died). We spent 10 days at Audio Media Studios cutting two 45rpm records, published by now defunct "Sing Me Music". The Lead singer cut the records, I just went along for the ride.

The production came out well, they even had Janie Fricky, and the Leah Jane singers for backup. However at the end of the gig, the total was a little over $10,000.00. That was a lot of money back in the seventies. The record never hit, it sold around 400 copies locally in Atlanta to our fan club. I believe this was partly due to lack of promotion after the fact, and in that senario, Paramount would have been a big help.

I expect a demo from Paramount Songs would probably be Twix $200 to $500,
    but if you got yourself as writer on a hit, you could make some royalty money.

Anyway thanks for the replies.
    Ronnie

Edit: Spelling <Doh>
    < Message edited by ronniebee -- 8/22/2004 2:32:06 AM >

AndyZee
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 499
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2004/08/22 03:42:46 (permalink)
    I don't get it - are you recording a demo with them, or for them?
    Are you looking to have your songs published?
    Site looks OK, but I'm note exactly sure what they're all about...
    ronniebee
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2004/08/22 05:04:44 (permalink)
    Andy,
    I am an amateur songwriter/computer musician. My singing voice is not professional grade, and today's major producers and singers will not accept author worktape/disk material.

What you usually have to do is send your author worktape/disk to a Tunes Pusher, such as Paramount Song, if you have any hopes of getting published.

What they do is make a professional demo of your material, usually for an up-front fee of 2 to 5 hundered dollars, and if its a good place, they will push your song(s) to the producers and singers who may want to hear it. If they record it, you collect royalties as the songwriter. I don't know what today's royalty rates are, they were about 1 to 1-1/2 cents per sale, or air play about 30 years ago.
    If the song makes a million, you could get 10 to 15 Grand in royalties. The singers and the producers get the lion's share.

Edit: If you send them any material, you need to make sure you put a copyright notice such as "Copyright 2004 by Ronnie Bee" on the printed lyrics, and keep a copy for yourself. This gives anyone reading your material that you own it. It is not necessary to register the copyright unless the song is published. Then it's like $15 per song, or batch of Songs to register them.
    < Message edited by ronniebee -- 8/22/2004 5:13:16 AM >

DSandberg
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 87
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2004/08/22 10:09:57 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ronniebee
    I am an amateur songwriter/computer musician. My singing voice is not professional grade, and today's major producers and singers will not accept author worktape/disk material.

I'm a bit curious: where did you hear this from? I'm not necessarily saying it isn't accurate, but it didn't used to be that way. In particular, if you heard it from some of the same people who want to have you pay up front for the recording of a "professional demo", I'd consider that advice to be very suspect.

The case used to be that overly well produced demos were considered to be substantially less useful than simple tapes as songwriter submission material because they audibly "locked in" an arrangement rather than allowing the artist or producer to decide what sort of arrangements they could do with the song.

Edit: If you send them any material, you need to make sure you put a copyright notice such as "Copyright 2004 by Ronnie Bee" on the printed lyrics, and keep a copy for yourself. This gives anyone reading your material that you own it. It is not necessary to register the copyright unless the song is published. Then it's like $15 per song, or batch of Songs to register them.

Sorry, but I don't think this is good advice. First off, whether or not the copyright notice appears on the materials does not affect in any way your rights, although it's still a polite thing to do for people that may come into possession of the materials. Second, registering the copyright is by far your best protection against an unscrupulous company deciding to steal your material by registering a copyright for it themselves. Your first hint that a company may be suspect should be if they suggest that you don't register your copyright for your material before sending it to them. (I'm talking about a Form PA registration for the underlying musical work here, not a Form SR which registers a particular recording of the work.)
    < Message edited by DSandberg -- 8/22/2004 9:18:42 AM >

David
    Sonic
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1517
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2004/08/22 16:08:59 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Semi Perfect

well, I mean, best thing you can do is do a search on the web, see if there is any complaints about them somewhere.. check this site.. be sure to do a search for ALL and for about a year..

I looked at their website, it looked pretty good, i know that dont mean they are legit.. But it's not amatuerish.. I suspect they are more legit then "Statue" records that contacted me and others on Soundclick

I was contacted by Statue also. They want $100 from you right from the get-go. Personally, I would stay away from any company asking for petty cash from you.

The best is always yet to come. Now...shut up and make some noise!
    A small sample of my music... http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/turtlebend2.htm
    ronniebee
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2004/08/22 23:14:57 (permalink)
    David, yoo hoo David, it's time to come in.

Now you get upstairs right now and take your bath!

Oh, and get out of that ugly troll costume!

Semi Perfect
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 348
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2004/08/23 02:21:13 (permalink)
    I guess I just dont get it.. why would a company expect you to pay for your own recording costs and such?

I mean, i was under the impression that if you wrote a song, sent it in, they liked it, why would they come back and ask you to fund the production of it? I doubt most song writers are millionaires, and trust me, studio time aint cheap at all.. Ask Chaz lol..

i sure wouldnt mind making some royalties off one of my works though.. that would be awesome..

3.6 ghz P4 w/HT 1 GB RAM / Sonar PE 4
    M-Audio Omni Studio w/Delta 66 / M-Audio BX5 monitors
    Marshall MXL 2003 / Roland Fantom X6
    Les Paul II guitar & Berhinger V-Amp 2

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/semiperfectmusic.htm
    ronniebee
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2004/08/23 03:34:09 (permalink)
    I guess I just dont get it.. why would a company expect you to pay for your own recording costs and such?

Well Wayne,
    The biggest reason is: There's about a zillion other songwriter's out there trying to get their foot in the door. I guess the big production companies these day think if you're not willing to spend a small amount on getting your work ready for them to listen to, that you don't think your own work is worth anything?

It's not like it, "used to be". Back in the days when you could belt out a tune with your old beat-up guitar onto a tape, send it in, and have a chance at getting published. Not anymore.

DSandberg
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2004/08/23 10:24:57 (permalink)
    David, yoo hoo David, it's time to come in.

Now you get upstairs right now and take your bath!

Oh, and get out of that ugly troll costume!

What in the world are you talking about? If you disagree with my observations, then explain why. Ridiculing my statements without any explanation makes you look like a troll, not me.

David
    ronniebee
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2004/08/23 10:48:40 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: DSandberg
    If you disagree with my observations, then explain why.

Well if you are serious, then evidently you are ignorant of the US Copyright Laws. Go to the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, and look up the laws like I did before I published 7 books.

The law states that unless you put the word "Copyright", or a letter "C" in a circle, the Year written, and by "Your Legal Name", and someone else uses your material, then you are NOT protected, because that is what serves notice to others that you hold the copyright.

Not giving a short answer, but you need to get your facts straight before critizising other peoples advice.

DSandberg
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2004/08/23 11:13:10 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: DSandberg
    If you disagree with my observations, then explain why.

Well if you are serious, then evidently you are ignorant of the US Copyright Laws. Go to the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, and look up the laws like I did before I published 7 books.

The law states that unless you put the word "Copyright", or a letter "C" in a circle, the Year written, and by "Your Legal Name", and someone else uses your material, then you are NOT protected, because that is what serves notice to others that you hold the copyright.

Not giving a short answer, but you need to get your facts straight before critizising other peoples advice.

To my knowledge, what you've said was the case only until the U.S. signed onto the Berne Convention. In the wake of that change to U.S. copyright laws, the absence of a Copyright or "C in circle" symbol no longer deprives the author of his rights to the material.

And as far as my supposed "ignorance" goes, I'm all but certain that my facts are straight. Although I haven't written any books on the subject, I've filled out many a copyright form in the wake of the Berne Convention changes, and I've read the various materials that the Library of Congress provides on this subject. I just took a quick look at www.copyright.gov and found the following pertinent paragraph in their FAQ, which I've reproduced for your perusal: (I've bolded the pertinent section.)

What is a copyright notice? How do I put a copyright notice on my work?
    A copyright notice is an identifier placed on copies of the work to inform the world of copyright ownership that generally consists of the symbol or word “copyright (or copr.),” the name of the copyright owner, and the year of first publication, e.g., ©2003 John Doe. While use of a copyright notice was once required as a condition of copyright protection, it is now optional. Use of the notice is the responsibility of the copyright owner and does not require advance permission from, or registration with, the Copyright Office. See Circular 3, Copyright Notice, for requirements for works published before March 1, 1989, and for more information on the form and position of the copyright notice.

So if I'm wrong about this, then so is the Library of Congress, apparently.

As to when registration is recommended, that is more nebulous, but the site recommends that you register any work for which you may ever need to prove a date of creation. In my opinion that is a good idea to do before you provide the work to anyone else ... if you believe you have a reason this should not be so, then I'd be interested in hearing it.

David
    AndoMusic
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re:Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2011/03/21 14:27:51 (permalink)
    Hey Ronnie,

I was recently offered a 'Songwriting Contract' from ParamountSong.com after I had entered a couple of songs in their Valentine's Day Song contest.  A few days after the deadline, I received a letter in the mail stating they felt I had the talent and wanted to have me sign a contract.  Only problem, there was no contract in the envelope.  So, I called their toll free number 1-888-999-SONG, and guess what?  It's not in service.  Was I surprised? No.  So, I called their area code 615 number and the secretary told me the person I wanted to speak to, David Robinson (Creative Manager), was busy with a client.  I decided to send him an email letting him know I wanted to discuss the matter of the contract.  No sooner did I press send, did the response from David come back. I thought, "Wow, I thought this guy was with a client.  He didn't have the time to speak with me, but he had the time to immediately respond to my email."  In fact, when I replied to his reply, he quickly replied again and again.  So, I figure his clients are pretty forgiving.

In his emails he told me he couldn't discuss the contract until I received it, so I had to wait until it came in the mail, then I could call him.  I waited and about a week later, the next envelope came in the mail with my Director's Award for one of my songs entered in the contest.  Boy, was I excited; a gold ribbon with the prize title printed on it: Director's Award.  In the letter, they state that I'm still 'in line' for the grand prize.  An obvious lure to get me to sign the contract, which by the way, was missing from the second envelope sent.  The only reason I paid $20 U.S. per song to enter the song contest with ParamountSong.com, was to win their grand prize of $2500.00 U.S.  Imagine how revved I was when I received the tacky, three-cent ribbon.  David Robinson and his associate, Norm Daniels the Creative Director, must have thought that I'd be stupid enough to be lured into signing with them.

On their website, homepage, they name drop profusely.  It's filled with names of country singing artists and entertainment giants.  So, I decided to call some of these companies and talk to those in directing positions.  Some of the people of those companies were impossible to navigate to, but I managed to at least communicate with a small handful.  In particular, I managed to get a hold of Debbie Linn, the Senior Director of Strategic Marketing, at Sony.  She told me that she had never heard of, or worked with ParamountSong.com, or Norm Daniels and David Robinson.  As a matter of fact, she was quite perturbed by their name dropping antics.  Once the second envelope arrived, I phoned David Robinson, and you guessed it, he was busy with a client.  I lied and said I had received the contract and wanted to discuss, so I was told to wait and David got to the phone.  I told him that the contract was missing again, but not to worry and that I wanted to discuss specifics.  He was very reluctant to do so, and my pressing would not budge him.  So, I asked about the 'more than 20 new writers (that) have been published with (ParamountSong.com's) help." I asked if he would be nice enough to give me a couple of their names so that I could do some research on them, before I decided to sign anything.  He was very reluctant to give any names.  Then I asked if he could tell me who it was from Sony, that ParamountSong.com had worked with, and guess what.  He couldn't tell me that either.  As a matter of fact, he didn't know the answer to that one.

So, the lesson to this story is: Beware ParamountSong.com.  These guys are running a money-making scam.  I really have a hard time believing anyone has won any money from any of the contests they've ran.  At $20 a song/entry, these guys are making some good money and I really don't believe they are giving anything back.  In fact, I'll bet their contests are tools to generate lists of potential clients for song recordings.  I've read some testimonials on various blogs of how some musicians and songwriters have taken the bait and spent upwards of $500 to have their songs recorded 'professionally' by ParamountSong.com.  PARAMOUNTSONG.COM IS A SCAM!!!!!
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2011/03/21 15:17:10 (permalink)
    Warning....DANGER Will Robinson.....

I've heard of this company before and many others like it.

DO not send your music to them and do not pay a dime to them. They are what is called a Shark in this business, looking for un-knowledgeable writers to prey upon.

LOOK HERE> I found this on the first page of a google search of their name. Rip Off Report

A legit publisher will not ask you for a dime. I have signed, and currently have under contract 15 songs and several of those are with an A-List major publisher in the music business.... not one of them has asked me for a dime. They pay any and all costs involved in copyright, and registration. The music I sent them does not have to be re-demoed. It is broadcast ready. The whole "we need to re-demo your music " is a scam. You should be sending them radio ready stuff. That is the current bar in the business for the legitimate pubs..... If you can't hit that bar they will very likely turn you down.

All those glowing reports and sweet rebuttals.... who do you think writes them? Go ahead and take a guess....... yep, the company that is getting the bad press.

You are free to send stuff to them and I can guarantee, if you send them the worst thing you've ever written (as a test) they will send you back a letter that says something to the effect: "Wow! What an amazing song. This could easily be a top 40 hit, IF it was demoed properly. For the low, low cost of only $xxxxxx.00 we will have this recorded by our professional demo musicians and singers...send your money now!"

I knew a man who sent them a few tunes, and all of the tunes were "selected" to be on the next record. (back in the days of the 33rpm records) I heard these tunes and thought to myself, what a colossal waste of money. None of the songs were anywhere near good enough, and that was back in the days before I actually had learned a few things about songwriting.

No I would avoid that company and any other that hawks demos and contests.

Buy a copy of the Songwriters Market guide.... but even there, be careful. There are sharks in the book too. If they ask for money....run. Don't believe their story that you have a hit if only it was demoed better. BULL!
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2011/03/21 15:27:04

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Guitarhacker
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2011/03/21 15:46:19 (permalink)
    ronniebee

Well Wayne,
    The biggest reason is: There's about a zillion other songwriter's out there trying to get their foot in the door. I guess the big production companies these day think if you're not willing to spend a small amount on getting your work ready for them to listen to, that you don't think your own work is worth anything?

It's not like it, "used to be". Back in the days when you could belt out a tune with your old beat-up guitar onto a tape, send it in, and have a chance at getting published. Not anymore.

Don't fall for that line of reasoning... it is NOT true. well, some of it is.... last line.. "NOT ANYMORE",  is true.... but paying for it won't make it happen either.

Sure there is more competition these days, and the bar is also much higher. If you can not get above the bar in your home studio, you will NOT get there by paying someone else to demo your music either... it isn't going to happen. The music a demo mill turns out is spotted by the pubs a mile away. There is nothing wrong with hiring a demo studio to record your song. Many of  Nashville's top writers use that method. BUT.... they actually go to a recording studio and hire the musicians from a legitimate RECORDING STUDIO.... not a sham record company looking for suckers. They also have deeper pockets from previous hits.

It would be better for you to contact a reputable RECORDING STUDIO in a town like Nashville and send them the song via mp3 or wave and HIRE a session singer to sing it for $60 to $100. They sign a work for hire and you own their vocal track. You can call them and speak with the owner. They will get a good singer and assuming the rest of the music is ready fro radio, you will have a finished product in short order. Lots of the big stars like Garth and Trisha were demo singers for $50 a song before they became stars, so you can get good singer cheap in Nashville.

In Sonar you should be able to produce radio ready music, if the singing is weak, hire a singer, or find a friend here or at church to sing it if you are broke. 

The dangling carrot of ROYALTIES will lead you into trouble if you are not careful. They play on your vanity and hopes and in the end deliver nothing.

I would also recommend a visit or two to the www.Taxi.com web site. Sign up in the forum...it's free, and post the song..AS IS, there in the peer to peer forum. You will get feedback from WRITERS who actually are getting songs signed and cut by artists and TV shows..... listen to them..... most of them know what they're doing.

Man I would like to see everyone get a cut on a song...... but I really hate to see people buy into a scam in the hope of getting a hit record. Trust me when I say, as long as I have been in this songwriting business, I have sent my music to the sharks and they all said I had hits.... for a price. I always balled the letters up and trashed them. When you get a legitimate publisher interested in your music, there will be no talk of sending money to them for demo's.

Read all contracts carefully so you do not sign something that says you agree to pay for demo's. Keep plugging your music to pubs.... the good ones are hard to get with, but they are the ones that are worth it. It took me quite a bit to finally get with the A-List pub I just signed with. they have a very exclusive group of writers, but it's worth every bit of effort. In the mean time, keep writing, and learn about the craft of writing. It will happen.

Final word..... I'd pass on the Paramount thing.

post edited by Guitarhacker - 2011/03/21 15:56:18

BMI/NSAI

Guitarhacker
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2011/03/21 16:09:00 (permalink)
    I looked to see if I could PM you.... but you don't have that turned on.... SO..... go to this link tonight at 7pm eastern time.... March 21, 2011 only.

TAXI review show

Tonight, at 7, Michael Lasko, TAXI's president is having Karl Lewis on. The email said... in part. Karl will be doing a few live critiques of some TAXI members music. You can listen and even participate in the chat and ask questions via chat. You can see what people that are actually in the business are looking for and listening for in a song. I even recall one song in the past being critiqued and Michael was so impressed with it that he sent it personally to a producer that he knew.

It's been a while since we've done live critiques on the show, so I've invited one of my favorite sets of "ears" to join us TODAY--Karl Louis!
    Karl is famous for staying more than current with what's happening with new bands and artists. He's practically encyclopedic when it comes to music and has discovered some really big acts BEFORE the rest of the A&R community caught on. He's also one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet!

BTW: TAXI is a good place to get legit opportunities.  They send legitimate music listing opportunities to their members. I have submitted to the listings and that is how I got into the major company in the biz.

TAXI IS for real. I also met personally a number of people who do this for a living because of the opps with TAXI.  Not all TAXI listings are for the super big deals, as a matter of fact those are pretty rare, although they do come along from time to time. Sign up for the free listings report to see what opps they have on a regular basis. Join when and  ONLY if you think this might be a good thing for YOU. It's not for everybody.

BMI/NSAI

rockinrobby
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1265
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2011/03/21 17:12:04 (permalink)
    Sounds good, I would raise the bass a bit, and maybe widen the strings? And the vocals could use more presence.

http://www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Evil lurks here among us again... "Beware."
    AndoMusic
    Re:Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2011/03/21 17:46:50 (permalink)
    Hey GuitarHacker,

How do I get my songs published?  Would you be kind enough to advise?

Ando
    AndoMusic
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2011/03/21 17:58:07 (permalink)
    Hey GH,

I've been to your site.  Like the music.  Nice slide guitar work.
    I've been considering Taxi.com for some time now, but have been afraid it might just be another site that promises the sky, while charging all that money.
    How long have you been with them?  Could you give more info?

Ando

Guitarhacker
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2011/03/21 19:02:21 (permalink)
    I've been a member for 2 years and a few months. Go there and sign up for the free industry listings. You can look at them and see if there are any there that fit what you write. If so, you can join and submit.

TAXI doesn't promise you the sky...they actually don't promise anything.... I think they might offer a refund if you don't like the service...read the terms.

Anyone who promises you anything in the music business is scamming you to get your money. In this business you have to be able to deliver the music that the end user is seeking. That's the only way you get a deal. THE ONLY WAY!  You have to be writing what they want, and be doing it better than the other people trying to do the same thing.

I had hit songwriter Jason Blume  tell me in a face to face mentoring session that when it comes to country music, I write good songs BUT, there are 25,000 good songwriters in Nashville. If I want a hit, I needed to be writing better than 24,999 of the songwriters in Nashville. It's not easy, but it is a doable thing when you take the time to learn what you need to know..... after talking with the folks in LA at the TAXI rally, and learnign a few things, I'm getting signed by the major publishers in the biz. Now, that's step one, and a difficult one. Next is to get enough in the hands of the producers and get cuts.

THe link in the post above will give you access to the TAXI show archives..... go have a look at a few of the shows and see the quality of the things TAXI does.

BMI/NSAI

Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2011/03/21 22:35:32 (permalink)
    this is a SEVEN YEAR OLD THREAD which Andomusic resurrected.  

herb - ronniebee hasn't been on the forum for over a year.  I doubt he'll respond.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Guitarhacker
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2011/03/22 08:19:56 (permalink)
    Yeah... missed the date.... but Paramount is still in business roping in suckers. They are obviously doing a brisk business.

Maybe this thread warned off a few forumites that might have fallen for the scam.....

BMI/NSAI

GhostWriter87
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2012/01/14 20:44:42 (permalink)
    Guitarhacker

Yeah... missed the date.... but Paramount is still in business roping in suckers. They are obviously doing a brisk business.

Maybe this thread warned off a few forumites that might have fallen for the scam.....

Man O man.. thank goodness I read this before I acted upon such request from paramount sogn.com.. as a matter of fact, here's the scoop.. Last Year I was up at night after not being able to sleep on my laptop.. I always use google.. Well I thought to my self, where can I find someone or somewhere a place that can hire me to write them song lyrics.. Ive always been good at reading & writing in school.. Writen essays where always my cup of tea.. Well anyways, so I went to some website, in which I cant remember right now, but its lead me to http://www.paramountsong.com/ .. There I read & thought, "hey... why not?" So I went ahead & uploaded atleast a good four songs that I had wrote. Two were not finished, but I said," Ah,what the heck".. They said thank you.. Well about two weeks later I had totaly forgotten about this whole paramount thing.. Well oneday as I was geting my mail, there before me I held a letter from paramount song.com.. It had the websites logo aswell.. So I went in, sat down & gave it a look.. There there was a latter about a whole page worth of writing saying, Thank You Jose, Blah Blah Blah, we work with famous people,blah blah blah, We Believe you have song hit potentiol, blah blah blah.. & Last there came to contracts with it..About four papers all togather. One pink form, one yellow form.. I keep one, I send One.. On them there was two of my songs that I had written. Now remember I had uploaded four songs, two of them were not finished! They picked the ones that I had finished. So me being all excited & in disbelief, I just had to post it up on my Facebook, like when its your birthday, everyone blew up my facebook page... I showed some people the letter & they were amazed.. I still have the contracts in hand by the way.. So as time went by, I never sent them nor did anything.. You see Im like Al Bunndy, I have no down time to do anything, I dont hate my life thoe, I just never have time to do anything I need to do. So about a week later I get another letter in the mail by daniel "something" claiming to be the founder of paramount song.com... On this letter he stayed in bold letters, "Dear Jose, We have not heard from you, blah blah blah, I know you may feel like we are just trying to rip you off or dont feel that we are the real deal, but er are".. then he went on to say,"most times all the writer who sumbit songs, we have to tell them that this is not for them".. Once I read that, That kinda had me wondering,"Hmmmm???" still I was abit curious as to," THEN WHY MUST I HAVE TO PAY???" Thats when then I decide to give paramountsong.com a call, & thats when a female answered. She seemed to be very uptight. When asked if I can speak to Daniels she said he was not it. I called 2hours later & she told me he was busy with a client aswell. To me it was all just BS already... I was geting kinda annoyed.. I started telling myself, So.. They wanna work with me yet they cant speak to me by phone??? WTF???.. Anyways, so I did nothing, signed nothing.. & Just left it alone.. Well all this went down in Septmber of 2011. By the end of september I had found a job doing Security on South Padre Island,Texas where my home town is.. I was working at Tequila Sunset & Louies Back Yard. Well one night at Tequila Sunset I figured, hey well Jason my manager aka the Bar owner, looks like he doing good for himself. Drives a Benz & lives ina condo on the island.. might wanna help me out w.the cost for DEMO fees from paramount song.com .. I showed him the letters & contracts & his eyes kinda lit up.. He said he has a friend who is a lawyer on the island who would look into paramount song.com. 2weeks later I heard nothign from Jason. Then one noght I get a call & he said that his lawyer looked into paramount song.com & called & he said everything was legit. His lawyer said fees come from me sending in only lyrics & not demos.. That sometime just cause my writing sounds great, there is no saying how it might sound with out noise.. I was all liked, Yeah I kinda figured that".. But anyways, I guess that threw of Jason who wanted to manage me aswell.. Just the fact that a whole wasting money costing arms & a legs for each song "Guarantees NOTHING"... So I guess thats why he backed down. To This day I wonder, should I just go ahead & just send in the money???I mean my Income tax is right around the corner.. If you must know, I like r&b with a mix of hip hop,dance,& pop music.. I mean teens now a days pay tons fo money to things they can relate to, Examples: USHER, JUSTIN B., RHIANNA, JAYZ & LMFAO. But then again I like Country, techno, rock, & anything that is mainstream or mellow music.. Im that romantic type of writer.. I never right lies, or about drugs, gangs & things that influence ppl to think different of me, thoe some of the singers I mention do, I try not to go there.. I write about love problems I can relate to. Well paramountsong.com is still sending me emails, & currently they send me about this up coming VALENTINES 2012 competition with deadlines. Im still offered cheep deals for demo cost & ect. Last email I got was in Nov.from Daniels the founder of paramountsong.com saying" He was told I call & if anything I was more welcomed to go visit there office in Nashville. Lol, well Ima have to need about $5,000 to go on a trip from Texas to Tenn. if I wanna stay somewhere & go out & eat..lol.. But yeah.. there's one thing the manager I work for at Tequila Sunset told me his lawyer had said that runs in my head" ONLY REASON THEY CHARGE SO MUCH IS DO TO EXPENSES THEY HAVE TO COVER & DO TO THE FACT THEY ARE LOCATED NEAR CONTACTS".. like how a commercial lot for sale costing more then what its worth, being located on a busy highway that has a mall, cinamark walmart, dillards, & plenty of restraunts.. Another example, If your having a party, & you have all the hamburger buns & hotdogs yet you forgot to buy the meat!!! & im the only meat market down the block who sells meat at jacked up prices, I dont think you really have a choice, meaning hey, if that can save the party why not right???? You got to make business somehow right??? They say never pay for anything that is free??? We pay Taxes right???? So as far as http://www.paramountsong.com/ being a scam??? I dont think so, It being Unfair to pay, well that sounds more REASONABLE...
    GhostWriter87
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2012/01/14 20:51:13 (permalink)
    PS.
    yeah yeah I mis''spelled loads of letters thus words..lol.. dnt remind me but I was in a hurry 2send this out.. before I got hacked for neflix... plus anything anyone ever sends out aint exactly a spelling bee, judge no one.. plus i have an excuse.. member Im not the only human breathing in this home.. these goonies r NETFLIX freaks.. so being online for my personal use is limited,lol.. & if u must kno, I never had neflix, I had digital or a good ass whoopn for my dad bck in the day had i watched 2much tv....but anyways,lol... life is a blessing,live it live.
    jus sayn...
    jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2012/01/15 06:48:22 (permalink)
    This thread is fast becoming the Dracula of the forum...

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    Guitarhacker
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2012/01/15 09:24:59 (permalink)
    Ghostwriter87..... 

That is BS. Plain and simple. So your friend had a lawyer look at the contract...... is that lawyer a MUSIC BUSINESS lawyer? I doubt it.  A contract lawyer or general purpose criminal court lawyer would look at the contract and say it was legit, because it is written like any contract is written.  And on that point.... it is a legitimate contract. Sign it and you are bound by the contract to pay them according to the terms and stipulations. If you fail to honor it, they can and will sue you and win. 

HOWEVER.... if you know anything about the song writing business... you would know that.....

The #1 rule in the songwriting business is this: 
    A legitimate publisher will NEVER ask you for money. 

I have dozens of songs signed by a number of different publishers. I did not pay a single dime to any of them. If demos are to be made, the publisher pays for that.... not me, and not you. It's part of the expenses the publisher accepts as normal and reasonable business expenses, and has the right to recover them first, off the top, of any money made from the commercial exploitation of the song. 

If you do not believe me, I ask that you call ASCAP or BMI. They are the people who collect the royalty money on your behalf and send the check to YOU, when your song is being played by artists. Trust what they tell you. 

I have sent my songs to Nashville publishers for many years from finding their names in the Songwriters Market guide. Among the names I sent some without knowing, to the song sharks like Paramount. These companies ALL responded to me saying that my songs were hits, but needed to be demo'd better. And for a fee, they would handle that, and even plug the songs to artists and radio stations..... I never figured out why they would send it to radio stations without a major artist's name on it. 

It's hard to get your music to legitimate publishers.  Most of them only accept by referral from someone they know. 

I would suggest, if you want an honest appraisal of your songs that you post the links to the songs on www.TAXI.com forums in the peer to peer forum. Those people are all songwriters and will give you an honest appraisal. You can also join a group such as NASI (Nashville Songwriters) and included in the cost of membership ($150) you get 12 indepth  reviews of your writing, and they will just do lyrics if that is what you are writing. All the people at NSAI are writers of hit songs and musicians with their feet on the ground in Nashville. If your writing is good, they will tell you. If it's not they will show you how to improve it. When it gets to the professional level, they will put it before the legitimate publishers in town. 

In conclusion..... there are no shortcuts to songwriting fame. It's hard work and there are no guarantees. Joining TAXI or NSAI is much cheaper than paying a song shark to demo your song. I am not against anyone paying hundreds or even a thousand to have a song demoed professionally, BUT, I would suggest before you pay to have the songs demoed, be sure they are worth the investment.  The folks at TAXI and NSAI can help you determine that. 

Or... you can ignore all that I say, thinking I don't know what I'm talking about and send Paramount your hard earned money...... and wish, and hope......  let me know how that works. 

Best wishes

post edited by Guitarhacker - 2012/01/15 09:31:05

BMI/NSAI

bandontherun19
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 824
    RE: Paramountsong-Is this place Legit??? 2012/01/15 18:58:01 (permalink)
    Is it not obvious to everyone and his brother here that this guy "is from Paramount?" And that this is nothing more than SPAM? Really? I mean come on? Relax Herb, he's just SPAM. Ignore him and all others like him, and everyone will be the better for it.

All you need is love, just ask the Beatles?
    ----------
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1