Patch change prob

Author
Salsamac
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 457
2008/09/09 16:00:14 (permalink)

Patch change prob

Hi I did a search, but not solving what I want to do. I load a midi track and change the patch in tts but it reverts. I look in event view and see the patch all the way through at intervals...wouldn't one have been enough?
I uncheck patch change in event manager. still reverts..how do I delete all those pc instances at once and find out what else is there that might be changing things?
Thanks
salsa

Salsamac
Win 7 64bit 16 GB Studiocat Platinum Studio. RME Multiface II Impact LX25+ Impact LX49+
Cakewalk Pro Audio 6 to Sonar Platinum.

5 Replies Related Threads

ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: Patch change prob 2008/09/09 16:17:13 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Salsamac

Hi I did a search, but not solving what I want to do. I load a midi track and change the patch in tts but it reverts. I look in event view and see the patch all the way through at intervals...wouldn't one have been enough?
    I uncheck patch change in event manager. still reverts..how do I delete all those pc instances at once and find out what else is there that might be changing things?
    Thanks
    salsa

Just go to event view and delete them. The person who did the midi track may have been hitting the button on their synth and it recorded all those. Or they were using that midi channel for something else at some point in the song (maybe on a different version) and had to make it change to the correct patch when that instrument played again. Who knows...

There is often a lot of cleanup to do on midi files you get from other sources, could be all kinds of junk in there. That's why event view is so nice to have !!!
    post edited by ohhey - 2008/09/09 16:18:50
    Salsamac
    RE: Patch change prob 2008/09/09 16:20:30 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ohhey

Thanks
    salsa

Just go to event view and delete them. The person who did the midi track may have been hitting the button on their synth and it recorded all those. Or they were using that midi channel for something else at some point in the song (maybe on a different version) and had to make it change to the correct patch when that instrument played again. Who knows...

I did delete them all just leaving the notes there and it still changes...I deleted all the other tracks also but still changes.
    Thanks
    salsa
    I had to change the number. I thought I could change it in tts only. How do I know which number corresponds to the patch in tts?
    salsa
    post edited by Salsamac - 2008/09/09 16:24:18

Salsamac
    Win 7 64bit 16 GB Studiocat Platinum Studio. RME Multiface II Impact LX25+ Impact LX49+
    ericyeoman
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 976
    RE: Patch change prob 2008/09/09 16:36:11 (permalink)
    feew
    post edited by ericyeoman - 2009/01/25 20:22:13
    ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: Patch change prob 2008/09/09 16:47:58 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ohhey

Thanks
    salsa

I did delete them all just leaving the notes there and it still changes...I deleted all the other tracks also but still changes.
    Thanks
    salsa
    I had to change the number. I thought I could change it in tts only. How do I know which number corresponds to the patch in tts?
    salsa

Check the properties on the midi "track" it may in there also, and in that case I think that one doesn't show up in event view. Also make sure event view is not filtering anything. I think you can select ALL midi tracks and do event view on all of them at once. That will let you see if there are any of those in other tracks. Check each event of that type and make sure it's on the correct channel number !
    Salsamac
    RE: Patch change prob 2008/09/09 17:09:31 (permalink)
    Got it
    Thanks
    salsa

Salsamac
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1