Pentagon I not found

Author
Lakland
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
2010/07/27 10:55:20 (permalink)

Pentagon I not found

I've recently upgraded to a new PC running Windows 7 64-bit and have been building my way through getting evrything to work. It's not been easy or straight forward.

My recent endeavor is that my old files when open say they cannot find Pentagon. I've tried to reinstall everything as best I can, but I'm not even sure what the proper way is to install Pentagon or where. Pentagon I think was available with my install ( I did not purchase it as a single download), so not sure where and registration number exists, I cannot find that on my account info.

Having said that, any help on what EXE or location of files for installing this would be greatly appreciated. I've tried, but to no avail, and a search for Pentagon comes up empty.

Thanks 
Mark 

6 Replies Related Threads

gray36
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 372
    Re:Pentagon I not found 2010/07/28 00:49:24 (permalink)
    Just a shot in the dark, and you have probably tried, but there are Program files, and Program files(x86), sometimes they get put in one or the other. I have stumbled across a few that way, being somewhat new to all of this. My computer, check out your C: drive, and check both places, like I said just a shot, good luck!

HP Pavilion dv6 Intel Duo Core 2 2.20GHz T6600, Windows 7 x 64, Guitar tracks Pro 4, SonarX1dEXP,SonarX2Prod. 8.5.3, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, JBL monitors, Alesis SR-16, Guitar Rig 4 Pro, PRS SE, Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Cort SJ-10 ,Steven Slate 3.5, Akai MPK25, Glyph GT 050Q (500GB)RP1000http://soundcloud.com/mar...ayin-around-mix1 
    Lakland
    Re:Pentagon I not found 2010/07/28 10:02:42 (permalink)
    Yep, sort of how I fixed it. I had to redo the VSTi scan and made a new preset, think I have it fixed now.
    But yes, I noticed that too, not to mention a Program Data folder which is on the desktop.
    Thanks
    Lakland
    Re:Pentagon I not found 2010/07/29 15:39:11 (permalink)
    Update with a question

I rescanned and now I can use Pentagon if I do something new, however existing tracks still cannot find.
    With Dimension Pro and Rapture the UI still pops up and I can see what sample it wants to play and I can create a new one and it works.
    However, with Pentagon I cannot open the UI and see what I was using.

1. Is there a way that I can click on the track or find out what path that track is trying to look for a certain soft synth, in this case Pentagon?

2. I'm sure this can be done, just not sure how to do this, but if I have a track using one soft synth can I change that soft synth without changing any of the track/midi information? Basically swap out the soft synth on a track?

And thanks again, everyone has been very helpful
    Meffy
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 629
    Re:Pentagon I not found 2010/08/01 00:11:31 (permalink)
    Another wild guess: Could it be a UAC issue? Try running SONAR with Admin rights (right-click the icon and choose "Run as administrator") and see if it works that way.
    Lakland
    Re:Pentagon I not found 2010/08/03 23:28:00 (permalink)
    Meffy

Another wild guess: Could it be a UAC issue? Try running SONAR with Admin rights (right-click the icon and choose "Run as administrator") and see if it works that way.

That was it, the darn UAC. Once I turned that off, Pentagon loaded.
    Thanks!
    Meffy
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 629
    Re:Pentagon I not found 2010/08/04 12:31:54 (permalink)
    Cool, glad it worked. I'd seen references to this in old forum posts, and I think I ran afoul of it myself without realizing it at the time.

It's probably not a good idea to leave UAC turned off. You can also change the shortcut's advanced properties to make it always run Sonar as Admin.

If you prefer not to do that either, search the forums for old posts about Pentagon and you'll find a registry hack that might work (I haven't tried it). Be careful, of course, and unless you're an expert be sure to back up your registry before changing anything in it!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1