Pentagon Vocoder Working but recording sound is different

Author
Da=man
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 150
2009/09/10 09:00:09 (permalink)

Pentagon Vocoder Working but recording sound is different

Hi all,

I followed the steps to get Pentagon working as a vocoder. It works.

Now when I go to record the Audio it records but the vocal is a lot stronger than what was coming out of the speakers when I was recording it.

In other words what I hear is not exactly what is being recorded. I can hear a perfect blend but when recorded the vocal is too strong.

Any ideas???

Sonar 8.5.3 PE ( More than a  decade of Cakewalk products including  Sonar LE, Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 and Home Studio 7)  Roland Fantom x8, Yamaha MG82cx Mixer, Edirol MA-15D Speakers, M-Audio 24/96 soundcard,  2.8GHZ Core 2 Duo, 4G Ram, Roland TD-3 VDrums, 09 Band in a Box

2 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:Pentagon Vocoder Working but recording sound is different 2009/09/10 13:05:40 (permalink)
    off the top of my head.. set the pentagon as an input on an audio channel OR maybe it has multiple audio outs...

I remember setting it up after watching Robins video. is that the one you've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWdYrxXo0xA

in that video he has the audio done dry before hand

Da=man
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 150
    Re:Pentagon Vocoder Working but recording sound is different 2009/09/10 17:01:22 (permalink)
    Thanks Fog.

Yes I watched the video and did the Craig Anderson tutorial. By following the tutorial I got it working straight away. I just can't get it to record the same sound as I hear when using it.

I know it is something I'm doing. Maybe I need to set Pentagon up differently.
    I'm still a bit of a noob with soft synths. I've only been messing with them for a few months and only have recently upgraded from Sonar LE.

I still need to install the updates so I might do that first. The vocoder thing is all new to me and another whole world to explore. I'm glad I learned how to play instruments years ago before there were soft synths. I never would have learned how to play.

Sonar 8.5.3 PE ( More than a  decade of Cakewalk products including  Sonar LE, Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 and Home Studio 7)  Roland Fantom x8, Yamaha MG82cx Mixer, Edirol MA-15D Speakers, M-Audio 24/96 soundcard,  2.8GHZ Core 2 Duo, 4G Ram, Roland TD-3 VDrums, 09 Band in a Box
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1