Percussion pieces in SD3 kits?

Author
MXM
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2012/10/30 08:13:44 (permalink)

Percussion pieces in SD3 kits?

All the descriptions for various drum kits for SD3 mention "full percussion" without any specifics. Does this just mean a cowbell and woodblock, or does it mean a collection of hand percussion and latin percussion. Timpanis? A list of the pieces would be VERY helpful. I would even be interested in buying an extensive "percussion collection" if SD3 offered one.

2 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re:Percussion pieces in SD3 kits? 2012/10/30 10:35:22 (permalink)
    Right click on the instrument pads or look at the end of the online help for the GM instruments mapped in SD3. No tympani. Although CW defines quite a percussion instruments, they include only a few samples. I have not shopped around for SD3 libraries that contain more percussion samples. It would not be too difficult to create the sfz files to load into SD3 for a collection of percussion from any source as long as the samples were wav, ogg or flac files.
    post edited by scook - 2012/10/30 10:37:54
    MXM
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Percussion pieces in SD3 kits? 2012/11/01 07:57:50 (permalink)
    Thanks, Scook. I now realize I left out a major piece of information. I am trying to use session drummer with a set of Roland's own V-Drums as triggers. That is why I'm looking for a premade set of latin percussion. I'm assuming that Roland must have maps available to use it's own V-Drums in it's own DAW and plugins? I can't seem to find this anywhere. Using the "General MIDI Drumset map does not work well at all. It does not trigger any cymbals or hi-hats correctly. I haven't checked rimshots, etc, but I'm guessing some of those do not work either. All of the major aftermarket drum plugins seem to have built in support for all the various Roland V-Drum sets. Surely Roland has built in support for it's own drums somewhere? My alternative would be to spend a few hundred dollars on Addictive Drums or Superior Drummer to use my ROLAND drums with my ROLAND DAW and plugin? That doesn't seem right.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1