Helpful ReplyPete Townshend on Jimmie Fallon

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Pete Townshend on Jimmie Fallon 2017/09/11 21:26:34 (permalink)
craigb
Beepster
Sadly that was the tour Entwistle died (before even hitting the road)...

I had tickets to see the Who in Irvine California (literally within walking distance from my condo) for Friday, June 28th, 2002...

(John died the night before.)

What happened with that gig? I know they got things going right quick again after he passed but I'm gonna guess that one got cancelled. Refunded tix or did they come back?

I was pretty lucky in the sense the ACC show was near the end of the tour so everyone had a chance to settle in with each other musically by the time I saw them (I think it was a little over two months after his death).
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Pete Townshend on Jimmie Fallon 2017/09/12 00:25:34 (permalink)
Beepster
craigb
Beepster
Sadly that was the tour Entwistle died (before even hitting the road)...

I had tickets to see the Who in Irvine California (literally within walking distance from my condo) for Friday, June 28th, 2002...

(John died the night before.)

What happened with that gig? I know they got things going right quick again after he passed but I'm gonna guess that one got cancelled. Refunded tix or did they come back?

I was pretty lucky in the sense the ACC show was near the end of the tour so everyone had a chance to settle in with each other musically by the time I saw them (I think it was a little over two months after his death).

I got a refund - way too late to get a replacement (not that I wanted to see them without him).

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Pete Townshend on Jimmie Fallon 2017/09/12 01:08:14 (permalink)
Ya. It wasn't a BAD show/lineup... just not really a hard hitting set like the old days.

Pretty sad and sombre too. They had a memorium/tribute thing to the Ox on the huge arse screens in the arena which was nice but yanno... kind of a bummer. We were mid nosebleeds in the arena and despite it being at the end of the tour you could tell Rog and Pete were still really hurtin'.

The crowd was pretty lame too.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1