Planet Earth and Mo Phatt in Dim Pro but not Dim Pro x64??

Author
EricDeluxe
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 428
2010/10/01 18:17:57 (permalink)

Planet Earth and Mo Phatt in Dim Pro but not Dim Pro x64??

Hey

I can't see my new instruments (Planet Earth + Mo Phatt) in Dim Pro x64. However they work in 32 bit. Any ideas? I have pressed F5 to update the product as instructed. Maybe the programs don't work in 64 bit?

Oh I got Dim pro 1.5

Thanks

http://soundcloud.com/ericdeluxe - my harder side
https://soundcloud.com/cirque-du-sonique my softer side
Sonar Platinum, Windows 10 (64 bit), MOTU Ultralite MK3 Hybrid, Novation SL MKII 25, NI KORE 2, NI Maschine, NI Komplete 9, Yamaha HS50m, AKG K240S, AKG Perception 200, Z3TA 2+, Soundtoys Native Effects, PSP Mixpack 2, several VSTs

10 Replies Related Threads

czyky
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 193
    Re:Planet Earth and Mo Phatt in Dim Pro but not Dim Pro x64?? 2010/10/01 18:29:37 (permalink)
    They do work in x64, at least on my machine. dim pro x32 and x64 sometimes (it seems) end up with multisamples in two locations, one for each version. So maybe you only have the emu libraries in only one of the locations (the x32) and not the other (x64).

Quick fix, possibly, is to search for both locations of the standard dim pro multisamples and programs, and then make sure the planet and mophatt directories are copied to both spots as well. To avoid duplicating all those samples and programs, there are other ways of making sure both versions of dim pro point to the same directory for multisamples, they are under other posts in here. Caution, they involved re-installing and maybe dinking with the registry--which one is easier for you is your call. (I found the registry route more to my taste.)

"I can't think of a single example of where a big company buying a small company has ultimately been good for consumers." --bitflipper
    www.reverbnation.com/markadamczyk
    www.adamczyk.com
    EricDeluxe
    Re:Planet Earth and Mo Phatt in Dim Pro but not Dim Pro x64?? 2010/10/01 19:20:23 (permalink)
    Thanks for your input.

EDIT:
    I did found some threads about the Multisample path discussion (here http://forum.cakewalk.com...igh=multisample+path).
    However I am a bit wondering.

In my register:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension Pro I find Standard, Company Name, Language, User Name as REG SZ. I can't find the Dimension Pro Keys.

However this keys are located under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\dp (Short for Dim Pro I guess).
    post edited by ErikDeluxe - 2010/10/01 19:53:12

Sonar Platinum, Windows 10 (64 bit), MOTU Ultralite MK3 Hybrid, Novation SL MKII 25, NI KORE 2, NI Maschine, NI Komplete 9, Yamaha HS50m, AKG K240S, AKG Perception 200, Z3TA 2+, Soundtoys Native Effects, PSP Mixpack 2, several VSTs
    czyky
    Re:Planet Earth and Mo Phatt in Dim Pro but not Dim Pro x64?? 2010/10/01 19:54:45 (permalink)
    Okay, I had to go look on my machine (DAW not on internet) and I found I forgot that to get things to work (at least for me), the prog files have to be in two locations. I have the following two directories:

C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs\Digital Sound Factory Mo' Phatt
    and
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs\Digital Sound Factory Mo' Phatt

The first is where programs have to be for for x64 to see them. Your setup may be slightly different, but maybe this will point you in the right direction. Once you make sure you have two directories with programs, you should be able to press F5 and see the additional presets. If you get errors trying to hear them in x64, then you also need to duplicate the multisamples directory. Or dink with the registry to point to a single multisamples location, if you want to save space--or put the samples on another drive.

post edited by czyky - 2010/10/01 20:12:20

"I can't think of a single example of where a big company buying a small company has ultimately been good for consumers." --bitflipper
    www.adamczyk.com
    czyky
    Re:Planet Earth and Mo Phatt in Dim Pro but not Dim Pro x64?? 2010/10/01 20:03:14 (permalink)
    Sorry, my responses are out of sync, I am running (okay, walking, don't want to spill my drink) between machines. In dim pro 1.5, the registry key has changed to 'dp' (Rapture is now 'rp', ain't that cute?). There are OPTIONAL entries for 'multisamples folder' (where the sfz and wav files go) and 'Contents folder' (prog files and others). I say optional because if you don't add it yourself, it's not there and dim pro just assumes multisamples are under the installed directory. I know that using the multisamples folder works to point both x32 and x64 to a new spot. (Not sure about the Contents.) 

Addendum: Whoops, forgot to mention there are two sets of 'cakewalk software' registry keys, on under local machine--software (x64) and one under local machine-software-WOW6432Node (x32) 

Also, I think the reg keys mentioned used to be optional (pre 1.5 dim pro). Now I think dim pro install always plugs them in.
    post edited by czyky - 2010/10/01 20:15:46

www.adamczyk.com
    EricDeluxe
    Re:Planet Earth and Mo Phatt in Dim Pro but not Dim Pro x64?? 2010/10/01 21:25:40 (permalink)
    Hello

Thanks again for your help:) However, still no luck...

The folders are already in the x64 system. However can't open in 64, but in 32... Strange if you ask me;)

However I tried some things, don't know if they are right....

Firstly deleted the Planet Earth folder and cleared the registry. Then reinstall - No success. Secondly...

I copied the "Planet Earth" folder in
    C:\Program\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs\Digital Sound Planet Earth. to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs\Digital Sound Planet Earth.

In the Registry:
    I created two new REG_SZ in the Dimension Pro folder
    Contents Folder (C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro) - Without the (  )
    Multisample Folder (C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro)

I still don't have any success, and don't know how to continue this

czyky
    Re:Planet Earth and Mo Phatt in Dim Pro but not Dim Pro x64?? 2010/10/02 11:34:22 (permalink)
    No sign of planet earth, even when you press F5, huh?

Something to try.

First, understand that pressing F5 in dim pro (and Rapture) rebuilds a file called 'programs.lst' in the programs directory under wherever dim pro is installed. This file is what the browser reads to show all the available programs/presets.

Okay, in dim pro x64, press F5 in the browser to rebuild programs.lst. Then in windows explorer, find the newly rebuilt programs.lst file (with a date/timestamp of now minus a few seconds). Wherever that file is is the directory under which your earth and phatt program directories should be located. Are they?

www.adamczyk.com
    EricDeluxe
    Re:Planet Earth and Mo Phatt in Dim Pro but not Dim Pro x64?? 2010/10/09 17:46:41 (permalink)
    Hello

Sorry for the delay, I haven't been around here for some days.
    I tried your suggestion, and the program.lst are showing me the path C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs

They Mo Phatt and  Planet Earth folders weren't there, so I copied them into that folder. Now it thought it would.... but NO:(
    When pressing F5 i get the instruments in the list. However, when trying to load an instrument it states "Error uncompressing program data - Program load failed. Seem like the only thing now to try is to reinstall Dmension pro and the instruments....

Finally I am wondering why the programs must be installed on two different locations. Now they are both at:

C:\Program\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs   AND
    C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs 

Should it not be installed in just one location? Seem a bit odd to take extra storage?

Once again - Thanks for your help:)
    post edited by ErikDeluxe - 2010/10/09 17:52:51

EricDeluxe
    Re:Planet Earth and Mo Phatt in Dim Pro but not Dim Pro x64?? 2010/10/09 19:23:30 (permalink)
    Hey again

I did reinstall the instrument and copied over to the folder. Seem to work no.

Thanks!

czyky
    Re:Planet Earth and Mo Phatt in Dim Pro but not Dim Pro x64?? 2010/10/10 00:26:34 (permalink)
    Sounds like you're up and running. Great! Go make some music!

By the way, I've been able to point both x64 and x32 (with registry settings) to have all multisamples (sfz and wav files) in one location, but the program (.prog) files I still have in two locations, like you. Not a big deal for me, I figure someday I'll be all 64bit and then I can delete one of those extra directories. I'll just put up with them for now.

www.adamczyk.com
    EricDeluxe
    Re:Planet Earth and Mo Phatt in Dim Pro but not Dim Pro x64?? 2010/10/10 08:01:01 (permalink)
    Hey

I am 64 bit. I got plenty of space of my HDD, så not really a problem with Multisamples. However, if you know how to regedit it that could come handy in the future. Care to share your wisdom?:)

Thanks

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1