Playlist not working properly in Sonar 8.5 Studio

Author
joden
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1263
2010/01/20 00:47:11 (permalink)

Playlist not working properly in Sonar 8.5 Studio

Having some issues wiht the Playlist in Sonar Studio 8.5 (with installed update).

I can set it up okay and get the play method done, but when you keypress the next song there are about 5 files opened at once, and played songs stay loaded behind the main screen.

In options I have "Only Allow one open project at a time" ticked. What happens is that eventually so many songs get opened it just ends up crashing. Is anyone else having issues with Playlist in 8.5?

Thanks

1 Reply Related Threads

LKane
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 314
    Re:Playlist not working properly in Sonar 8.5 Studio 2011/02/04 07:11:55 (permalink)
    so far it is working ok, but the playlist I use is only 8 songs long. I've been using playlists as long as 40 songs with Cakewalk 9, then Sonar 2.2 sonar 5, 7, 8.3, and now in 8.5, and I am sure that they all ignore the 'allow only one project open at a time" setting in global (mayve cakewalk9 was different). My theory is that although the songs stay up the data is unloaded. The crash you get could could be something else (or not). I'm assuming you use playlist for live, so go to audio options and increase your latency, it will make no difference for live as you are playing along with what you hear rather than monitoring for an overdub. Of course if you use the same pc for studio, you'll want to reduce the latency for sessions. My live laptop is running 8.5 on an IBM core2 duo 2.5 ghz and even though I can the latency down to 2.9 for vey small projects I use 11 seconds (+/-) for live just to avoid any embarrasing crashes. Also for live you should consider not using any or many plugins, at least not in the separate tracks.
    I wish playlist did more, back in Cake 9 it would resume from the position in the song where you stopped now it's always from the beginnig, wish you could have both PLUS (big wish) I wish you could assign hot keys or midi  for start and stop instead of just the spacebar

There are three kinds of people in the world, those who are good at math, and those who are not.

PC pentium 955 extreme dual core 3.9GHz, Win xp64 8GB ram, S8.3, Lynx Two C and Two A, Quad Eight and Langevin modules, great wife.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1