Please Check This Out!

Author
Telewanger
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 110
2007/02/10 23:15:49 (permalink)

Please Check This Out!

I am new to the forum, and I have been banned from other forums due to some of my non politically correct opinions. I just tell it "like it is", or the way I see it! I hope that you will tell me "like it is" also.

Anyway, I have a couple of newer tunes that I am posting. They are instrumentals. I did all of the music and recording myself. The mp3's don't sound too good, due to compression, but the CD sounds pretty good. I'm not that great of a musician, I just play for fun. Please check them out and let me know what you think! Also, check out the videos at the bottom of this post. They are great!

http://www.atlanticplumbing.net/breezin.mp3

http://www.atlanticplumbing.net/silhouette.mp3

Here's something on my mind:

This may not be in the correct category, on the forum, but I have had a few beers and I just feel like writing today about "American Idol"! As a musician I can't believe the success of the show! I mean it is a comedy, but many people that I know do not know that it is a comedy show! This is what is disturbing. When you go to a Karaoke Bar, you go to laugh at your friends on stage and have a good time. If the show was really looking for next great musician, they would go to small bars around midnight, in any city in the country and find a ton of great musicians. These are the hard working struggling singer / songwriter / musicians! The show has a cattle call and invites a bunch of jokers to come and sing for them. Yeah, It is funny, but I can't watch the show at all! You and I both can go down the road a few miles to the local club and find a musician that can blow any of those clowns away, but they end up getting on TV and become millionaires. I am too old to get on the show now, but I wouldn't stoop that low to get on the show anyway. Pride is worth more than any amount of money!

Maybe some day a "Musician Show" will be on TV, judged by professional musicians, with no age restrictions, race restrictions, instrument restrictions, style restrictions, etc., but I don't think the American Public would watch it. The show would be too far over their heads and not simple enough for their non musical minds! I consider myself a hobby musician, but I know a lot of great musicians. It's too bad that the general public doesn't demand something more than "American Idol"!

If you really want to know what I'm talking about, check out the links below! I think that you will understand my entire point! Now this is an Idol! When it comes to my standards, this is it! Good singers are a dime a dozen. You can find one in every church on every block in the country, but the girl in the videos below is a true Idol!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1994835504362469704&q=guitar&hl=en

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlXlaOeYl2c

" You are either in key or out of key, choose the first option. If it sounds good, play it. If it sounds bad, move on to the next note! "

Michael E. Lynch

7 Replies Related Threads

Maxprizm
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 824
    RE: Please Check This Out! 2007/02/11 02:03:23 (permalink)
    I liked silhouhette alot, you have a great feel. If I were to suggest anything, maybe have a main melody line that could repeat a few times throughout the course of the song. So the listener has something to anticipate and build dynamiclly up to those parts. One more thing, the bass parts sound kinda like they are being played from a guitar players perspective. Bass players think differently. Thats the best way I know how to put it really. I'm sure others might disagree. Bass tone sounded a tad thin for my taste.

Really amazing playing though. wish I could pick like that.

I get what your saying about american idol, but sometimes it's just funny to watch someone publicly humiliate themselves.

Those vids were pretty incredible, I wonder how many hours a day she practices.
    post edited by Maxprizm - 2007/02/11 02:26:17

Ed Edge

ToneCarver
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1655
    RE: Please Check This Out! 2007/02/11 02:13:09 (permalink)
    Telewanger,

Breezin - this one sounds pretty warbly to me (MP3 artifacts ?). Not sure if it is the warble or what but the instrumentation sounds a little detached and disinterested. The tune, to me, has a strong similarity to Eric Johnson's tune 'Trademark'. Good ideas here but the mix could use a bit of work to make the best of them.

Silhouette - nice clear production. Great tasty chops. Nice changeup between clean and distorted guitars. Toe tapper. Very nice.

Bill
    opaque slogan
    Max Output Level: -57.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1787
    RE: Please Check This Out! 2007/02/11 11:12:59 (permalink)
    Hey Michael,
    i enjoyed both of those but thought silhouette was a far better package, a much better recording and you sounded more at home with it, great playing and i loved those mad runs, although i did find them both very interesting throughout.

Those people publicly "humiliating" themselves on television have been through three auditions before they go in front of that panel, they are hand picked for their "amusing" lack of talent as the producers know that the majority of people like to watch someone make a fool of themselves and then have their dreams and self esteem crushed by a panel of heartless scum.
    What a wonderful world we live in.

Mario kart SC, Nintendo Gameboy advance SP, Screen magnifier.

www.myspace.com/opaqueslogan (pre-sonar, raw and nasty)
    Maxprizm
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 824
    RE: Please Check This Out! 2007/02/11 13:47:49 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: opaque slogan

Hey Michael,
    i enjoyed both of those but thought silhouette was a far better package, a much better recording and you sounded more at home with it, great playing and i loved those mad runs, although i did find them both very interesting throughout.

Those people publicly "humiliating" themselves on television have been through three auditions before they go in front of that panel, they are hand picked for their "amusing" lack of talent as the producers know that the majority of people like to watch someone make a fool of themselves and then have their dreams and self esteem crushed by a panel of heartless scum.
    What a wonderful world we live in.

Have you noticed this year they are really playing on the terrible auditions alot more. They will have a couple that are really good then the rest of the show is just terrible. I would prefer a little more balance. I have a feeling alot of them know they are terrible but just want to be on tv. Then there are the ones that think they're good but are really bad. Those are sad to see, especially when Simon relentlessly cuts into them.

In reality, "real" vocal auditions can be just as bad or worse. I have had vocal teachers start yelling at me during a session. It can make american idol seem tame by comparison. The music business is a tough nut to crack and you need some thick skin to survive, much less excel. It can be an ugly world we live in but, it is still the world we live in.

Ed Edge

Weissang
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 43
    RE: Please Check This Out! 2007/02/11 17:54:19 (permalink)
    Silhouette is very nice. Hope you don't mind me savin' a copy!!
    Breezin' sounded a tad "loose", warbly as someone described. Not all in sync?? Not really sure, but it also sounded like other tunes, if ya know what I mean.

That video... Them asians...(my wife is Chinese).. THey usually excel at whatever they do, eh?? THis gal should team up with LEo Kottke!!!

Music biz - tough nut to crack - I know the guy who sang for Michael Schenker in 1999... still hasn't "made it". Awesome voice, but as you say, a dime a dozen. Too true.

Have you seen David Valdes?? From Spain, doin' the Vinnie, Malmsteen type of stuff. Only 29.David Valdes

Keep up the cool pickin!!!
    chasekh
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 874
    RE: Please Check This Out! 2007/02/22 02:07:12 (permalink)
    Your music production is very good.I admire at your guitar skills.The music sounds pleasing.Thanks.
    RC

Q9450,DX38BT mobo,17"&15"lcd sony,8gb ram 1333MHz,(512Mb),828 mk ii audio,Win 7(64) home premium.SONAR 8.5.3 Producer
    coldsteal2
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 741
    RE: Please Check This Out! 2007/02/22 03:13:34 (permalink)
    Great songs! and a differnt sound i might add..............

that oriental girl guitarist great, I love Paganini, i started listening to him back in 74
    and tried to incorporate his scales to some of my guitar playing and music.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1