Please can I get some help with my recoring problem

Author
maxtree
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2012/04/18 11:29:17 (permalink)

Please can I get some help with my recoring problem

So my issue is still the same as before.I see 64 people have read my question and on another forum 150 and no one answers.I just want to record without issues.My problem is this.I have GT pro 4 on a dell laptop.My audio interface is a Roland quad capture and I plug my Jackson guitar into that (line 1).When I hit record on GT's it records except every (I initially said 45 seconds but it is more like 7 seconds) the recording will buzz/make a strange noise.Even if I hit record and play nothing just have the click track on it will still do it.When looking at it while it is recording you will see the moving bar stop and then start and I am at a loss.I have tried different latency settings and nothing helps. Any ideas would be great. I have tried recoding using Audacity and there is no issues except a slight delay on occasion so I must be doing/haven't done something.

1 Reply Related Threads

RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re:Please can I get some help with my recoring problem 2012/04/20 01:15:28 (permalink)
    There's a good chance nobody has an answer. I've never experienced quite what you are describing, so I'm not sure what may be causing it.
    You mention the buzzing noise here, and I have seen something like that. it's usually caused by an unregistered plug-in.
    Amplitube is notorious for it. It may be loading as part of the default project template, so it would be present, even though you may not actually be using it.
    I know it injects the noise but I don't know if it adversely affects the recording.
    If that's the case, registering it is just a procedure, and does not involve any cost.
    Try starting with a blank project.
    Insert one audio track, set up your input(s), and output, and record a track.
    Is the problem still there?

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1