Please help Corel update Corel Video Capture to use ASIO drivers, or you try to fix.

Author
Musicers
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 28
2018/05/05 05:59:06 (permalink)

Please help Corel update Corel Video Capture to use ASIO drivers, or you try to fix.

I can't do live Audio and Video captures in Corel Video Capture (included in Corel Videostudio Ultimate 2018).  They don't support ASIO drivers, and all of the other options driver options inc MME and WDM cause clicks and other bad behavior.  They don't know that Musicians that use YouTube would like to do live video movie screen captures.  They haven't updated their free capture program "Corel Screen Cap X8) for many years.  I have to do video picture only without sound, and then export sound out of Sonar.  Next I have to open Corel Video Studio 2018 and import the video and import the Sonar audio to join them together.  Can you contact them to tell them the problem.  (Maybe, you could also encourage them to support VST plugins, like Vegas Pro video editing program can do.   It would be a great new feature Corel could advertise as a new feature in Videostudio... ASIO VST support!  If they won't do it, can you make a work around.  I use fancy plugins and VSTi instruments including East West Hollywood Choirs, VIR Harmonic Bohemian Violin, Acoustic Samples B5 v2, Spectrasonics Keyscape nTRillian, Native Instruments Session Horns Pro and Una Corda piano and Line 6 Helix among others.  These are very demanding.  This is a video I posted on Youtube that I had to use that workaround. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2t2wF-sprQ   I want to redo it with a live window of me playing the guitar, which will be even more demanding.

10 Replies Related Threads

mudgel
    • Total Posts : 12010
    Re: Please help Corel update Corel Video Capture to use ASIO drivers, or you try to fix. 2018/05/05 13:12:53 (permalink)
    This is a peer to peer forum and no one here that I know of would be doing this for you. Why not contact Corel yourself. That they don’t support ASIO or VST is a decision for them.

Perhaps you should use software suited to purpose and not expect software that isn’t suitable to be fixed just for you.

There are even quite good free programs that will do what you want.

There’s lots of YouTube videos on the subject. Search is your friend.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    bdickens
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 847
    Re: Please help Corel update Corel Video Capture to use ASIO drivers, or you try to fix. 2018/05/05 17:44:09 (permalink)
    Wouldn't it make more sense to ask this on the Corel forum?

Byron Dickens
    dlion16
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 391
    Re: Please help Corel update Corel Video Capture to use ASIO drivers, or you try to fix. 2018/05/05 17:58:59 (permalink)
    No. Here's good. As said, there are free tools available that will do what you need. Google camtasia and obs studio. 

SONAR Platinum Lifetime 64-bit; Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd Gen.; KRK Rokit 5; ASUS P9X79; INTEL I7-3820 3.6 GHZ;
    850 WATT POWER SUPPLY; EVGA NVIDIA GTX560 TI 1GB;
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit; 32GB RAM;
    2 Internal SSD Drives, 3 External USB drives.
    Kev999
    Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3922
    Re: Please help Corel update Corel Video Capture to use ASIO drivers, or you try to fix. 2018/05/05 23:44:46 (permalink)
    Musicers
    ...I have to do video picture only without sound, and then export sound out of Sonar...and import the video and import the Sonar audio to join them together...

Don't assume that a "live" video needs to actually be shot live. Making a video is all about the editing. You are doing it the best way already. I would never rely on video capture software for audio.

SonarPlatinum(22.11.0.111)|Mixbus32C(4.3.19)|DigitalPerformer(9.5.1)|Reaper(5.77)
    FractalDesign:DefineR5|i7-6850k@4.1GHz|16GB@2666MHz-DDR4|MSI:GamingProCarbonX99a|Matrox:M9148(x2)|UAD2solo(6.5.2)|W7Ult-x64-SP1
    Audient:iD22+ASP800|KRK:VXT6|+various-outboard-gear|+guitars&basses, etc.
    Having fun at work lately
    bdickens
    Re: Please help Corel update Corel Video Capture to use ASIO drivers, or you try to fix. 2018/05/06 13:54:50 (permalink)
    To the OP: What are you trying to do? If you're just making a video of yourself playing along to backing tracks, it seems like you're already doing it the right way.

Byron Dickens
    Musicers
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 28
    Re. Please help Corel update Corel Video Capture to work with Sonar 2018/05/07 00:40:15 (permalink)
    Hi, My previous post was misunderstood. I'll explain but first show what I originally wrote..
    This was the original post... which I'll follow with my explanation of what I meant.'
    ...............................................................................................

I can't do live Audio and Video captures in Corel Video Capture (included in Corel Videostudio Ultimate 2018).  They don't support ASIO drivers, and all of the other options driver options inc MME and WDM cause clicks and other bad behavior.  They don't know that Musicians that use YouTube would like to do live video movie screen captures.  They haven't updated their free capture program "Corel Screen Cap X8) for many years.  I have to do video picture only without sound, and then export sound out of Sonar.  Next I have to open Corel Video Studio 2018 and import the video and import the Sonar audio to join them together.  Can you contact them to tell them the problem.  (Maybe, you could also encourage them to support VST plugins, like Vegas Pro video editing program can do.   It would be a great new feature Corel could advertise as a new feature in Videostudio... ASIO VST support!  If they won't do it, can you make a work around.  I use fancy plugins and VSTi instruments including East West Hollywood Choirs, VIR Harmonic Bohemian Violin, Acoustic Samples B5 v2, Spectrasonics Keyscape nTRillian, Native Instruments Session Horns Pro and Una Corda piano and Line 6 Helix among others.  These are very demanding.  This is a video I posted on Youtube that I had to use that workaround. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2t2wF-sprQ   I want to redo it with a live window of me playing the guitar, which will be even more demanding.
    ...................................................................THAT WAS MY ORIGINAL POST.
    Some people have suggested that there are other programs that can do this. and some have suggested that it is no problem.  I am aware that there are other programs out there that can do this.  Many people are posting videos like I would want to do.
    But the free programs have adware and spyware.  I paid a lot for Corel Videostudio Ultimate. (for me... I am probably the poorest musician on this forum.  I only have the instruments I have because of what I had before I lost my house, or when I got a one time gift from an estranged relative. I'm disabled.)  As I mentioned, Corel is not interested in musicians using Videostudio, or they are uninformed that their capture program is lacking. I've had no luck in informing them. Cakewalk would have more luck... they would listen.   It's very common when a third parties' software has problems with the one you are using, for your company to get with the other program's company to find out what is causing the incompatibility. Cakewalk has done this many thousands of times in the past. For example when an East West VSTi won't work in the latest version of Sonar, both companies would consult each other to find out why. It would enhance Cakewalk's reputation if people could post fancier more Record Company like videos on YouTube with an entry level video program for someone who doesn't have a fancy editing suite... my videos wouldn't enhance anyone's reputation, but someone else's might.  There is something in Corel Capture 8 (which doesn't support ASIO, the standard for musicians using DAWs... and Corel doesn't know that.) that won't work properly with the MME (32 bit), WDM/KS, or WASAPI drivers that Sonar provides.  I get dropouts and bad sound.  Perhaps someone at Cakewalk could contact Corel and explain that Musician sound cards need ASIO for very high end VST Instruments, like Trillian, Hollywood Choirs, Keyscape, Native Instruments Session Horns Pro, Bohemian Violin (which is 25 gigabytes for one solo violin) etc, and even more demanding when using several of them at once.  Other musicians on YouTube are succeeding in doing this with other capture programs (for example William McFadden on Youtube .https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCUQcZHEa7fs72bFpYh6JIQ.. he's doing live screeencaptures plus live commentary sometimes with as many as 15 virtual instruments running (using ASIO)...  something is wrong.  I would like to capture live screen capture of the Sonar interface in sync with the music playing... none of my videos are in sync with the music I'm playing. If you look closely, the music doesn't line up.  This also prevents me from doing a live mike commentary.   I had to blend a picture only video screen capture from Corel Capture X8 with audio I later exported from Sonar, and blend the two in Videostudio.  They don't line up correctly.  I'd like to do this and then have a picture in a window of me playing the guitar or the keyboard.  This would not be a screen capture in the window, but another video from a camera that I was "lip syncing" pretending to play as I listened to the playback.
           I hope someone at Cakewalk will contact Corel and inform them that ASIO is required.  I think they would be much more likely to listen to Cakewalk, then to me.  I've had no luck.  If not, maybe Cakewalk could figure out why the other drivers aren't doing the job.
    post edited by Musicers - 2018/05/08 19:12:13
    bdickens
    Re: Re. Please help Corel update Corel Video Capture to work with Sonar 2018/05/07 13:30:28 (permalink)

Byron Dickens
    mettelus
    Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5321
    Re: Re. Please help Corel update Corel Video Capture to work with Sonar 2018/05/07 17:28:31 (permalink)
    Not to maliciously burst your bubble, but you are barking up the wrong tree on several levels here. Folks above have given advice on better solutions, but you insist on CbB championing you to another company.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
    Brando
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2776
    Re: Re. Please help Corel update Corel Video Capture to work with Sonar 2018/05/07 21:10:01 (permalink)
    +1 kind of defies any logic. I especially like the "probably the poorest musician on these forums" heart-string pull attempt, were it not for the mention of several "very high end VST instruments" - none of which I can afford.
    So - yup.

Brando
    Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
    Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
    ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
    bdickens
    Re: Re. Please help Corel update Corel Video Capture to work with Sonar 2018/05/07 23:05:05 (permalink)
    I probably got him beat. I'm so poor I can't even pay attention.

Let alone pay for " East West Hollywood Choirs, VIR Harmonic Bohemian Violin, Acoustic Samples B5 v2, Spectrasonics Keyscape nTRillian, Native Instruments Session Horns Pro and Una Corda piano and Line 6 Helix"

That's a lot of money there. A LOT!

Byron Dickens
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1