Please help a noob

Author
Dnon75
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2006/11/30 23:34:18 (permalink)

Please help a noob

I just bought MC3 a few days ago not knowing what it really was. I figured I could make some beats to back my new rap
lyrics. I now understand that I have to have a midi controller to use any of the pre-loaded synthesized instruments. Is there any way I can bind keys on my keyboard to the instruments and tap on the keys to create music? If not, is there any way to avoid buying a midi controller to access the "1000's of preloaded instruments"?

2 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Please help a noob 2006/11/30 23:44:11 (permalink)
    Dnon - you've got a learning curve ahead of you, but if you stick to it, it will be worth it.

first of all, you don't have to have a MIDI controller to use the "pre-loaded synthesized instruments". You can enter MIDI directly using the Piano Roll View or the Staff view or you can use pre-made loops that you can find on the internet.

secondly, if you have a keyboard, you DO have a midi controller anyway! and with it connected to your computer, you can create music by "tapping on the keys".

the problem is that you're going to have to learn how to use what you've got. start out with the "getting started guide" and the tutorials in the help files. press F1 and it will bring up a hyperlink set of tutorials for you to work thru.

If you get stuck or have any specific questions, feel free to come back and ask.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Dnon75
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Please help a noob 2006/12/01 00:57:13 (permalink)
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I actually do have an Alesis drum machine and i think it has midi input and output jacks, yet i have no cord. I switched the track output to Microsoft GS Wavetable and everything is starting to work for me now. I wasn't hearing any sound in the piano roll view before and now I am, the previous lack of sound misled me. Thanks for your help, be prepared for my future questions.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1