Please help...

Author
Shwaybo
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2007/10/19 11:27:13 (permalink)

Please help...

I'm using Vista now for the first time. As cool as it may be, I just find it frustrating. When I try playing a track I've recorded, it will only play for about 10 seconds max before a dropout occurs, and it just stops. I won't be able to record anything at this rate, or play anything for that matter. Do I need to tweak something? Is there a simple adjustment? Is it a Vista issue? I have a quick processor, and I've been told it should be much better than my Pentium 4 was, especially for recording purposes. I have enough ram, so that's not the issue. I'm also using an Alesis Multimix 8 interface. That also worked fine on my old computer. I'm a newby at Vista, so if anybody could give me some tips I'd love it! Thanks.

Shwaybz

2 Replies Related Threads

Musikus
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 79
    RE: Please help... 2007/10/22 01:44:41 (permalink)
    Hi!

Did you look for the Driver-Update on the Alesis-Homepage?
    Is it a USB or firewire mixer? They released new drivers for the Multimix series especially for use with Vista, also a new firmware for the mixer.
    Maybe you´ll check this out on their homepage in the download section.

Greetings from Germany
    CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Please help... 2007/11/15 10:45:44 (permalink)
    No, its not a vista issue, if your card has good vista drivers it will work, but you need to tweak stuff in the optuions/audio and advanced menu. experiment and try 20 different settings
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1