Please help with (dual-display) monitors

Author
lanstrad
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 313
2011/02/05 00:05:04 (permalink)

Please help with (dual-display) monitors

I have replaced my second monitor for a larger one so to get more real estate with Sonar.

But as I wanted to avoid trouble (experienced with another monitor), I switched connections : my main monitor which used to be connected through DVI is now connected VGA since my new monitor (wanted as second) use the DVI. This led to confusion as you can imagine since Windows shos DVI as main monitor (1).  I won't go through the *why* thisis a problem for me but it is.

So I went to ATI Cataclyst software and... swapped monitors, expecting no 1 to become no 2 and vice versa.  I worked... Except: my mouse now stays on monitor 2 - as now identified by Cataclyst (but appeas as 1 for Windows)... So when I launch a program, it launch on monitor one, and my mouse cannot go there... So I cannot even reverse my Cataclyst settings...

I'm stucked, totally !!...

If I launch either Screen Resolution (Windows) or Catalyst, both launch on monitor ONE (as swapped under Catalyst).  No way the mouse goes there.

Setting are ''extended display''.

Display driver : ATI HD Radeon 5450 1Gb
Monitors : Viewsonic vx2255wmb  (which I wanted as ''1'') and Viewsonic vx2439wm (wanted as ''2'')

Thanks,
Rob

1 Reply Related Threads

n0rd
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 237
    Re:Please help with (dual-display) monitors 2011/02/05 07:06:25 (permalink)
    You have changed the numbering of your monitors and the driver (catalyst) 'thinks' you have also changed the physical position too.

Try moving the mouse all the way to the opposite side and you'll find it'll pop out onto the second screen. You need to change the "1" and "2" display icons in the driver to reflect what positions you physically have the monitors. This is done not by re-numbering but by dragging the icons in the driver page.

I would attach screen shots to make it clear - but I don't have ATI/AMD graphics cards installed.

Hope it helps...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1