Please, someone with a Presonus Firestudio Tube?

Author
Bag
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2010/07/26 21:35:17 (permalink)

Please, someone with a Presonus Firestudio Tube?

I'm having issues only with Sonar, but I know some folks are having no problems with FST's. Any chance you could post your successful settings? Particularly your in-Sonar driver settings (buffer, driver ASIO or WDM, etc). It's be hugely appreciated.

Cheers, Bag.

9 Replies Related Threads

Bag
    Re:Please, someone with a Presonus Firestudio Tube? 2010/07/26 21:55:53 (permalink)
    Actually, did a search of these forums and found a CJ reference to stuff on the Presonus forums (which for some reason I've never been able to join)... I've got some info worth trying, so hopefully I'll fix the problem.

But any extra info from FST users will always be helpful.
    CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:Please, someone with a Presonus Firestudio Tube? 2010/07/26 22:00:38 (permalink)
    Actually, did a search of these forums and found a CJ reference to stuff on the Presonus forums (which for some reason I've never been able to join

What did I say. I hope it fixes it!!  I owned a presonus along time ago...

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Bag
    Re:Please, someone with a Presonus Firestudio Tube? 2010/07/27 06:00:28 (permalink)
    Just to basically search the Presonus forum, because it's more of a Presonus issue than Sonar and- voila! Someone had posted the entire (hopeful) fix verbatim.

Cheers.
    CJaysMusic
    Re:Please, someone with a Presonus Firestudio Tube? 2010/07/27 11:37:19 (permalink)
    When I had my Presonus firestudio Project, I could not get it to work on a steady basis, even though I had a TI FW chipset card in my pc. I tried WDM and ASIO at every setting and in every mode  that the presonus offers. Nothing worked. I kept getting pops, clicks and the slowing down of the project.

I bought a Motto rule out my pc and as soon as I defend the Motu as my sound card, everything worked perfect.
    I then put my firestudio on e-bay and that was that. I never had a problem ever since
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    dr.hash
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 220
    Re:Please, someone with a Presonus Firestudio Tube? 2010/07/27 22:21:47 (permalink)
    Yea it's all to do with your firewire chipset.  Ive got a firestudio project and im using an express card on my laptop and i get the blue screen of death.  If you are trying to use the firestudio tube on a laptop they recomend two chipsets.  I think if you look at the back of the instruction manual you will find what works.  I'm using a texas instruments chipset and i'm still having trouble but i think i just have to find the conflict.

best wishes keep trying.
    Ben B.C.T (Bachelor Of Creative Technology)
    http://www.myspace.com/audiomystics
    WeStudioS
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 141
    Re:Please, someone with a Presonus Firestudio Tube? 2010/07/28 15:27:39 (permalink)
    Funny how everyone get's different results.  I bought a firestudio Tube and it was the best move I ever made.  Very stable with no dropouts at all.  I don't know what my chip set is offhand but I'm running it on a HP XW8200 workstation.  You'd have to pry it out of my cold dead hands to get me on another unit.

Sonar X3 Producer,  Win 7 64
    CJaysMusic
    Re:Please, someone with a Presonus Firestudio Tube? 2010/07/28 15:55:04 (permalink)
    It is, and I think it has to do more with your move in combination with using a TI FW chipset.

Audio Blog
    dr.hash
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 220
    Re:Please, someone with a Presonus Firestudio Tube? 2010/07/29 01:18:29 (permalink)
    CJaysMusic

It is, and I think it has to do more with your move in combination with using a TI FW chipset.

Can you tell me what you mean by that!!, I am interested because i think it's just one more thing that i need to turn off.
    Adrianaudio
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Please, someone with a Presonus Firestudio Tube? 2010/07/29 13:21:45 (permalink)
    Hey Bag, I just switched from presonus studio one to sonar 8.5 and I have a firestudio tube. I'm a little confused on getting it configured correctly. Is it supposed to show up as "Firestudio Audio ( 4 in, 4 out)" ?

I have a feeling I'm missing some kind of routing thing with the presonus Universal Control program. Any help would be appreciated. I just want to make sure I can record audio into the program and then get to work on learning all the nuances.

Did you end up getting yours figured out?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1