Plug-In clip (overs) detection

Author
brconflict
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1891
2016/01/05 10:40:11 (permalink)
4 (1)

Plug-In clip (overs) detection

Is there a way Sonar could detect when a plug-in clips? Would be handy to see an alert showing when any plug-in clips and to display (or offer to) which plug-in clipped and where. Even if it were offline processing of a mix to detect.

Many times plug-ins can be deployed in a cascading fashion, and where one plug-in's output may clip the input of the next, the 'following' plug-in might be clipping, but output a nominal, or safe signal to the channel strip. I'd love to see a way to either predict this, test for this, and be able to catch any plug-in artifacts that may otherwise go undetected because I can't see the meters of each plug-in.

Even if a plug-in still works well when clipping, such as Waves CLA Signature plug-ins, I can evaluate them as they are clipping, and simply disregard those in the report, or alert.

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1