Plugin podcast?

Author
metz
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 602
2014/07/17 12:20:32 (permalink)

Plugin podcast?

Hey!

Do you guys know of any podcasts where they talk about audio plugins? Id love something like that but havent found any decent ones yet.

Second. What other audiorelated podcasts do you listen to?

/M

6 Replies Related Threads

bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re: Plugin podcast? 2014/07/17 19:53:20 (permalink)
    I'm a fan of podcasts and regularly listen to most of the recording-related ones, but to the best of my knowledge nobody is doing anything about plugins specifically.

In fact, nearly all of them are surprisingly un-knowledgeable about software effects. People write in questions about specific plugins and they usually answer with "sorry, never tried that one". Ask about a microphone and they've got you covered, but ask about a transient shaper and unless it's the one that comes with Logic they've never heard of it.

A couple of them do address virtual instruments, notably Scorecast (an excellent podcast, dedicated to film scoring) but they only talk about the kinds of instruments you and I can't afford.

Of the other podcasts I listen to, I particularly like The Home Recording Show. Others of note include Inside Home Recording, The Metal Shop, and the infrequent but excellent Sessions with Slau.

Second-tier, pretty-good offerings: Electronic Musician Podcast, Sound on Sound Podcast, the CD Baby Podcast, and Sonic State. Give our own Starise's Recording Hound a listen, as he interviews people you may know. There are others but I won't bother with any that require iTunes or listening on my computer - if I can't download the MP3 I'm not interested.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    Zo
    Max Output Level: -25 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5036
    Re: Plugin podcast? 2014/07/17 23:00:22 (permalink)
    I proposed to do one in Gearslutz ...not a lot of people down ..stangley ....i'm ok for that !!

by the way be sure to check one of the videos i made , here me and Frabrice Gabriel talking plugins ;)

https://www.youtube.com/w...tqpV5UiTcxuAtR-BpW1Ihw

For sale  (PM me) : transfert ilok included
    Eventide Ultrachannel make offers
    Softube Summit EQ
    IK Neve 1081 , Neve precision Comp/Lim
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

jps
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 280
    Re: Plugin podcast? 2014/07/18 04:42:44 (permalink)
    Zo
    I proposed to do one in Gearslutz ...not a lot of people down ..stangley ....i'm ok for that !!

by the way be sure to check one of the videos i made , here me and Frabrice Gabriel talking plugins ;)

Zo , great interview .
    Keep up the good work .
    All the best
    Jan
    Zo
    Re: Plugin podcast? 2014/07/18 07:29:52 (permalink)
    jps
    Zo

Zo , great interview .
    Keep up the good work .
    All the best
    Jan

Thks Jan .....we have a lot of interview at the SAE Paris (Bob Kats , Neve Rupert ect ...be sure to check ....)

Softube Summit EQ
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

metz
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 602
    Re: Plugin podcast? 2014/07/18 16:06:16 (permalink)
    Zo

Zozilla? :-D Man I watch all your videos on Youtube, some several times (yeah I know I dont have a life). I really love to hear you talk about plugins. Wish you would do more though. If you were to do such a podcast I definitively would listen.

Cheers!
    /M
    Zo
    Re: Plugin podcast? 2014/07/18 23:57:28 (permalink)
    metz
    Zo

Zozilla? :-D Man I watch all your videos on Youtube, some several times (yeah I know I dont have a life). I really love to hear you talk about plugins. Wish you would do more though. If you were to do such a podcast I definitively would listen.

Cheers!
    /M

Thks Metz , i appreciatte  , yep time is what i miss , also i found it kinda ridiculous sometime when a new plugin drop , all video makers jumps on it to make views  ...so i tend to no cover some that has been already done , even if most videos focus on plugin control and quik review while i'm trying to expost concept via plugin's particularity ;)

Be sure to subsribe , i have some cool on y mind ;)

Softube Summit EQ
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1