Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! (I think I got it solved !!)

Author
Truckermusic
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1924
2010/04/15 13:01:09 (permalink)

Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! (I think I got it solved !!)

OK
I need some help here.....

Last week I bought the PodFarm 2 upgrade. (I have Pod Farm 1)
some how it changed all my default settings and eventually I somehow deleted my entire VST Folder off of my HD....it kept trying to use my Pod Pro xt rack unit as an audio interface and would not allow me to change it to my Edriol interface...........it took me all night (12 hours) to restore everything.....it even changed my Sonar Projects ....so now that I've paid my money for the upgrade I am afraid to try it again!

Here is the situation....
I have an Edirol FA-101 firewire interface
I was able to update my Pod Farm 1 to 1.11
I tried to download the program to a flash drive
My music Daw is off line so I will be doing a off line installation (which I think is one problem)
I have a Line 6 Pod Pro xt rack mount unit (which for registration purposes I used as authorizing my system)
I have a 32 bit system with 4 cores,  xp with service pack 2 system with 4 gig of ram and I think it runs at 2.5 Ghz
I do know my line monkey is not up to Date but I could not get it to down load to my flash drive so that I could do an update on the DAW
I was able to update my Pod Pro xt drivers via usb connection
Line 6 did reconize my Pod Pro xt and at one point an registration did take place because at one point I did have the Podfarm 2 GUI up on my screen and the sonar track view seen the signal, Pod Farm 2 Gui seen the signal and my master channel seen the signal....the problem was the preferences were changed by the installlation to have the Pod Pro xt be the audio interface.... weird

So I am in limbo on what to do.....I do not know if I should delete the POD Farms from my system and try again (which I am not in any way shape or form ready to do a reinstall like I just had to do) If I should just forget the whole thing, If I delet the Line 6 entries in my registrey will it effect my Sonar Line 6 products????  or what????

I would like to have this VST but need some help please

Cliff
post edited by Truckermusic - 2010/04/28 11:49:06

http://www.soundclick.com/cliffordamundsen 
NZXT Phantom Case (in Black)
Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 Bit OP
Sonar X3 Producer, 64 Bit 
Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 MoBo
16 Gig of Ram 
4.5 Gighz
Intel i-7 2600k Quad Core Sandy Bridge
Unibrain Firewire Card
Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface
Mackie Big Knob
NI Komplete 8
Machine 2

14 Replies Related Threads

mcourter
    Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3442
    Re:Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! 2010/04/15 14:12:21 (permalink)
    Until Steve Strummer shows up, you might consider the Line 6 forums as a good source of pertinent information

A few guitars, a couple of basses, a MIDI controller, a mandolin, a banjo, a mic, PodFarm2
    Unbridled Enthusiasm
     My music: www.Soundclick.com/markcourter
    Truckermusic
    Re:Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! 2010/04/15 14:34:30 (permalink)
    mcourter

Until Steve Strummer shows up, you might consider the Line 6 forums as a good source of pertinent information

Ok Mike. thank you I will check there.

Cliff

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    strikinglyhandsome1
    Max Output Level: -3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7224
    Re:Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! 2010/04/15 15:13:03 (permalink)
    PODFarm needs to be 'dongled' in some shape or form and that's why it's linked to your POD Pro XT. I don't even get the option of which interface - it has to be line 6 as it's the only one in the dropdown list.

Truckermusic
    Re:Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! 2010/04/16 08:19:12 (permalink)
    strikinglyhandsome1

PODFarm needs to be 'dongled' in some shape or form and that's why it's linked to your POD Pro XT. I don't even get the option of which interface - it has to be line 6 as it's the only one in the dropdown list.

Just like you I do not get a choice either ...it only see's my Pod Pro xt in the dropdown box........but when you explained that it has to be dongled that explains a lot to me.....because I always wondered why that if and when I used Pod Farm 1 I had to have my Pod Pro plugged into (by usb) into my DAW.......

Let me ask you this......lset's say I go back to the Line 6 site and tryto download a Ilok version will they let me do that?  or am I stuck like chuck with the version I have?

If I am stuck I could leave with it as long as I could get the vst to work. meaning that I would plug my Pod Pro by usb into my DAW as my authorization method but my Edirol FA 101 would be my interface?

Cause that is really waht I was hoping for anyway...

Thanks for the help
    Cliff

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Jimbo21
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 696
    Re:Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! 2010/04/16 09:05:14 (permalink)
    I've had problems with my toneport di-gold and Podfarms 1 & 2. From doing a lot of forum reading at Line6's website, you would have to buy the iLok version as well.

Jim

Dell XPS 8700 i7 4770 3.4GHZ, Windows 7 64bit, 8gb Ram, Focurite 18i6, Sonar Platinum

https://soundcloud.com/jimmy-james-and-the-blue
    strikinglyhandsome1
    Max Output Level: -3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7224
    Re:Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! 2010/04/16 17:29:18 (permalink)
    Neither of you should be having problems

You only need the Line6 interface to be plugged in via USB. I put my guitar into the Line6 interface but the output cables go into my soundcard (via a mixer in my case). Job done. Sonar only sees my soundcard. It's the best way. I record the standalone and the dry signal (which I can put the Vst on to if I wish).

The iLok version is separate but they did let you download the iLok version for PODFarm 1 for free for a short time. Not sure about PODFarm 2.
    Jimbo21
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 696
    Re:Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! 2010/04/16 22:01:58 (permalink)
    I do exactly like you do with my toneport. I have Gearbox, podfarm1 and 2 working fine. For some reason I can't use any of the expansion packs like Metal shop, bass expansion, fx junkie and even gold bundle stuff. I keep getting a code "8000740c model decryption failed" message when trying to load a preset with one of those amps. Still not resolved, but I haven't had a lot of time to mess with it recently. I've been on their forum a bunch the past two weeks with no luck.

It still works great in my old XP computer.

Jim

post edited by Jimbo21 - 2010/04/16 22:03:09

Dell XPS 8700 i7 4770 3.4GHZ, Windows 7 64bit, 8gb Ram, Focurite 18i6, Sonar Platinum

https://soundcloud.com/jimmy-james-and-the-blue
    Ham N Egz
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 15161
    Re:Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! 2010/04/17 11:49:10 (permalink)
    TonePort Gold DI here with GearBox, PF1 and just Dl PF2 .I can go to my folders and open up any of the premium tones in the original gearBox folders and seem to run OK
    Now this was in standalone I didnt try the plug in yet. Also running XP Pro SP2

Green Acres is the place to be
     I dont twitter, facebook, snapchat, instagram,linkedin,tumble,pinterest,flick, blah blah,lets have an old fashioned conversation!

Truckermusic
    Re:Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! 2010/04/26 09:03:06 (permalink)
    strikinglyhandsome1

You only need the Line6 interface to be plugged in via USB. I put my guitar into the Line6 interface but the output cables go into my soundcard (via a mixer in my case). Job done. Sonar only sees my soundcard. It's the best way. I record the standalone and the dry signal (which I can put the Vst on to if I wish).

The iLok version is separate but they did let you download the iLok version for PODFarm 1 for free for a short time. Not sure about PODFarm 2.

Sorry for not getting back right away....I had to go out of town for the last week....

I am still having problems with POD Farm... and sonar configuration...

my configuration is my POD xt Pro out put is routed to my Edirol FA-101 and then from the Edriol into the DAW via Firewire.

If I use the POD xt Pro I will can record into sonar with no problem so I am sure about my cable routing from the POD xt to my DAW.

I sometimes use my Presonus blue tube as a pre amp into my DAW and that works as well...I can even plug into my Edirol direct and will still be able to get signal into my DAW and record into sonar from there.....

but if I try to use POD Farm either stand alone or as a plug, they will change my sonar settings to try to use my POD xt Pro as the interface and will not give me the choice of seeing my edirol sound card...

I uninstallled both pod Farms........I downloaded fresh versions of each along with Line Monkey and Gearbox....to make sure that I have the latest versions of each...

I updated my drivers on my POD xt Pro to the latest versions

I reinstalled POD Farm 1 & 2 and gear box.

I registered both versions of POD Farm (Not sure if I have to on Gear box?)

I transfered the aet file from my online computer to my off line DAW. (also made sure that it is the latest verson...it was updated april 8, 2010 I believe)

I then tried the stand alone version of POD 2 (also plugged in my POD xt Pro via usb cable cause that is where I think line 6 puts the reg. codes) and the 1st pop up message I got was that there is no line 6 audio interface connected to this system!  If I trie to use POD Farm as a plug in I get the same thing.

I also get the pop up message that POD Farm cannot detect a line 6 product active so it will not process any audio... and I know that the usb port is good cause I use it all the time....but just to be sure I try every usb port on my DAW... Front and back....but I get the same thing.....

If I go into sonar in the options/audio menu item it wants to see my POD xt Pro as the audio interface and will not see my Edriol FA 101 at all...and I know that my POD xt in not an interface........

I have gone into the POD Farm preferences and tried to change it from there but I only get the same result.....

so I am stumped on how to get the configuration correct.....

Any Idea's????  anyone?

Cliff

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Truckermusic
    Re:Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! 2010/04/26 09:05:11 (permalink)
    strikinglyhandsome1

Sorry about the latent response ... I was out of town for the last week

I am still having problems with POD Farm... and sonar configuration...

my configuration is my POD xt Pro out put is routed to my Edirol FA-101 and then from the Edriol into the DAW via Firewire.

If I use the POD xt Pro I will can record into sonar with no problem so I am sure about my cable routing from the POD xt to my DAW.

I sometimes use my Presonus blue tube as a pre amp into my DAW and that works as well...I can even plug into my Edirol direct and will still be able to get signal into my DAW and record into sonar from there.....

but if I try to use POD Farm either stand alone or as a plug, they will change my sonar settings to try to use my POD xt Pro as the interface and will not give me the choice of seeing my edirol sound card...

I uninstallled both pod Farms........I downloaded fresh versions of each along with Line Monkey and Gearbox....to make sure that I have the latest versions of each...

I updated my drivers on my POD xt Pro to the latest versions

I reinstalled POD Farm 1 & 2 and gear box.

I registered both versions of POD Farm (Not sure if I have to on Gear box?)

I transfered the aet file from my online computer to my off line DAW. (also made sure that it is the latest verson...it was updated april 8, 2010 I believe)

I then tried the stand alone version of POD 2 (also plugged in my POD xt Pro via usb cable cause that is where I think line 6 puts the reg. codes) and the 1st pop up message I got was that there is no line 6 audio interface connected to this system!  If I trie to use POD Farm as a plug in I get the same thing.

I also get the pop up message that POD Farm cannot detect a line 6 product active so it will not process any audio... and I know that the usb port is good cause I use it all the time....but just to be sure I try every usb port on my DAW... Front and back....but I get the same thing.....

If I go into sonar in the options/audio menu item it wants to see my POD xt Pro as the audio interface and will not see my Edriol FA 101 at all...and I know that my POD xt in not an interface........

I have gone into the POD Farm preferences and tried to change it from there but I only get the same result.....

so I am stumped on how to get the configuration correct.....

Any Idea's????  anyone?

Cliff

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    dke
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 724
    Re:Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! 2010/04/26 11:24:25 (permalink)
    You probably need to make sure your Pod Pro is always on & plugged into a USB port. Otherwise whenever you turn it on The line6 driver will become your default and Sonar will default to using it.  You should still be able to go into Sonars audio setup and select your Edirol though by unselecting the Pod and selecting the Edirol.  There is a registry hack you can do to stop it from defaulting to the Pod, but I'm not in front of my computer right now so I can't tell you which key to modify.

Dan

Sonar Platinum ( x64),  Windows 10 x64, HP Envy i5 2.9GHZ, 8GB, Tascam 4x4 USB, BX5a Monitors.
    Truckermusic
    Re:Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! 2010/04/26 11:59:50 (permalink)
    dke

You probably need to make sure your Pod Pro is always on & plugged into a USB port. Otherwise whenever you turn it on The line6 driver will become your default and Sonar will default to using it.  You should still be able to go into Sonars audio setup and select your Edirol though by unselecting the Pod and selecting the Edirol.  There is a registry hack you can do to stop it from defaulting to the Pod, but I'm not in front of my computer right now so I can't tell you which key to modify.

Dan
    Dan
    the default only happens when I plug the Line 6 unit into my DAW and No once Line 6 has changes my audio outs to a line 6 product Sonar will not allow me to change it....I know that it should but my edirol does not show up as an option......sorry bout that...

HOWEVER........I got a work around!!!!

I open sonar up to my project.
    then I insert a new audio track, creat a new buss for that audio track and then route my audio track to my new buss.
    I plug in my line 6 POD xt by usb cable into my DAW and then plug POD Farm 2 into the new buss fx bin......and it worked!

so this is how I am going to use it......

On the flip side since I uninstalled and reinstalled POD Farm 2 a couple of times I now have double of most every patch.....so I am going to have to find out where the patchs live and then go in and delete the doubles.....

but that will be for another day........I am happy I found a work around....

POD Farm 2 sounds amazing.............it really does.....

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help me!!!

Cliff

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Truckermusic
    Re:Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! 2010/04/26 20:34:21 (permalink)
    Well
    I was ssoooo proud of myself this morning when I got POD Farm 2 to work.......so I went to see my girlfreind......

Came home , opened sonar and tried to do my POD Farm work around and all I got was the blue screen of death......

This really bites!
    POD Farm sounded so good this morning......really....but now .....

Any one know what the heck I'm doing wrong?

Cliff

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Truckermusic
    Re:Podfarm upgrade help needed PLEASE! 2010/04/28 12:14:22 (permalink)
    OK
    I think I got it solved.......

I doubl checked my internet computer to make sure that all my drivers and updates were the latest versions, registered and activated.

then on my off line music computer I uninstalled POD Farm, POD Farm 2, Gearbox and all traces of these line 6 procucts on my computer including deleting these in the registry.

I then ran my CCleaner both the clean up and the registry utility.

I disconnected all usb extra's not needed
    I rebooted the off line computer
    I did a fresh / clean install for ONLY the VST VERSIONS of POD Farm, POD Farm 2 and Gearbox.
    I made sure that I placed each plug in in my VST Folder (which they still do not show in the folder but they do show up in my plug-in manager file so good enough)
    I copied my AET file from my internet computer over to my off line computer

I opened sonar
    plugged in my POD xt Pro (acting as a dongle)
    I prepared a test file with some midi tracks and audio tracks
    Then I went into the  options / audio from the menu bar
    at this point the system was trying to use the POD xt as an interface so I went into the the audio tab for driver selection and de-selected the POD xt drivers and that opened up and allowed me to select my Edirol FA-101 drivers.
    I then went to the general tab and selected my Edirol interface

I saved and closed everything. rebooted the off line computer.
    I opened sonar back up to my test work
    opened my buss view
    Inserted a new buss
    inserted POD Farm 2 into the effects bin on the buss
    went to track view and worked with two tracks for my guitar (mono)
    configured my two inputs (from my edirol interface) for some guitar
    configured my outputs to go to the new guitar buss (the one with POD Farm 2 in it)
    opened POD Farm and wailed away!

To test
    I saved my project
    closed sonar
    rebooted the computer
    opened sonar
    opended my test project
    and wailed away in POD Farm!

Went and got a beer!

I hope this may help anyone else having problems with POD Farm......

Cliff
    post edited by Truckermusic - 2010/04/28 12:19:28

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card