Possible to get Roland Fantom G6 sound library in soft synth?

Author
jhughs
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1179
2008/12/30 10:57:52 (permalink)

Possible to get Roland Fantom G6 sound library in soft synth?

This question was originally in the "Gear" forum and dstrenz suggested I post it here.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know if it's possible to get the sound files that are used on Roland products such as the Fantom G6? Or if one of the Cakewalk soft synths is a match or close match?

The reason I ask is that my son was playing with a Fantom 64 at Best Buy and pulled up these excellent guitar thrasher sounds that sounded great. He'd play some rapid-fire riffs that were so convincing that people kept coming around to see who the hot guitarist was. I'm a rock guitarist and it sounded so authentic it would've fooled me had I not been standing right there. (BTW, this is sort of scaring me a bit. It seemed like the Fantom had control not only for bends and vibrato but also for "pinched" harmonics. With some practice I'm sure a good player could really get really get pretty close to sounding like an authentic guitarist.)

Anyway, we can't justify the $2,600 for the Fantom, but if we could buy the sounds in a soft synth version (if that's possible) it might be worth it.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. And yes, it's still weird to me that Best Buy carries instruments now, but they seem to have a pretty good selection.

1 Reply Related Threads

jpq
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 123
    RE: Possible to get Roland Fantom G6 sound library in soft synth? 2008/12/30 16:42:33 (permalink)
    Saddly these dont available in software. And i dont konw if cheaper rolands have good electric guitars.(For example good (at least in numbers i not tested it) but cheap roland is Sonic cell but i dont know how good electric guitars are).
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1