Pregnant Women

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Fog
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12302
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/03 09:24:10 (permalink)
there was a thing on radio about relationships.. and someone rang up.. if women have someone that loves them thats cool.. but on the same token a bloke needs to find a woman that understands them. All I can say is I must have very understanding girlfriends over the years. hehe (or was it the other way around.. I forget)

post edited by Fog - 2009/03/03 09:25:31
No How
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5180
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/03 09:38:14 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: AT

Learn to say yes and not argue. And be happy you're not the one who is pregnant. And when she asks if she is fat or whatever say "you are glowing, more beautiful than ever," or your own variation thereof. It is the least you can do for her. All the above will make your life so much easier about 6 months after the birth when both of you (hopefully) are getting sleep.

Have fun.

@

+++A

Yes, be very happy it's not you. Her endocrine system is going bullistic trying to accomodate, grow and maintain both her baby and her own body.
Now is the time for some wife worshipping.

.........and start putting your sleep in a bank...............

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/03 09:43:34 (permalink)

I thought all the time was for that?

I didn't have any problems with my wife being a monster during pregnancy - I know I've heard stories from many other folks who did and we've all heard the proverbial "I'm gonna kill you if you don't get this thing out of me" and "this is all YOUR fault" during delivery, but my wife was completely the opposite. she was in pain, yes, and she insisted that I help her through it, but she never "hulked" out on me. yeah, she had strange cravings and asked for some strange things and we always have had disagreements but it wasn't anything that was different from any other time of our lives.

just love on her, Sven. even when she turns green and starts ripping things apart!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
mcourter
Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3442
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/03 10:03:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mamabear

Andy--tell her if it wasn't music it would be something else. You gotta do SOMETHING!!

Good point, Janet. My gal figures that music keeps me right where she wants me.......at home.

A few guitars, a couple of basses, a MIDI controller, a mandolin, a banjo, a mic, PodFarm2
Unbridled Enthusiasm
 My music: www.Soundclick.com/markcourter
No How
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/03 10:12:26 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Beagle

well......there's wife worshipping and then there's wife worshipping....

s o n g s

mcourter
Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3442
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/03 10:27:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: No How

My girl tells me that's supposed to be every day!

A few guitars, a couple of basses, a MIDI controller, a mandolin, a banjo, a mic, PodFarm2
Unbridled Enthusiasm
 My music: www.Soundclick.com/markcourter
space_cowboy
  • Total Posts : 9813
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/03 10:33:32 (permalink)

I didn't have any problems with my wife being a monster during pregnancy - I know I've heard stories from many other folks who did and we've all heard the proverbial "I'm gonna kill you if you don't get this thing out of me" and "this is all YOUR fault" during delivery, but my wife was completely the opposite. she was in pain, yes, and she insisted that I help her through it, but she never "hulked" out on me. yeah, she had strange cravings and asked for some strange things and we always have had disagreements but it wasn't anything that was different from any other time of our lives.

just love on her, Sven. even when she turns green and starts ripping things apart!

Wow Beagle you had it easy.
I was told to get the hell out of the hospital and she would call me when she was ready to go home.

Then again, when we were in the recovery room and I said "honey, lets make a commitment to making our marriage work" she replied "don't expect me to make promises I have no intention of keeping just because you are caught up in the emotion of the moment."

A real sensitive, caring women. Sort of like Hitler was caring of some 5 million of his citizens.

I never knew what happiness was until I got married. Then it was too late.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/03 10:53:43 (permalink)
Lol - well, sorry to hear that, Bo, but my wife of 19 years is really great. she's not perfect, but I am certainly a happily married man.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
No How
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/03 11:01:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: mcourter

ORIGINAL: No How

My girl tells me that's supposed to be every day!

she's right. that's what i hate. They're always right

s o n g s

Mamabear
  • Total Posts : 8954
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/03 11:04:37 (permalink)
Good point, Janet. My gal figures that music keeps me right where she wants me.......at home.

Precisely, Mark! Men AND women have to fill their free time with something! (well, once the children are grown the women actually have a bit more free time) LOL. It might not hurt for both genders to look up from their hobbies now and then and at least notice their spouse. It may go a long way in taming shrews... And yes, I need to look up more often myself.
Jonbouy
  • Total Posts : 22562
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/03 11:10:20 (permalink)
Then again, when we were in the recovery room and I said "honey, lets make a commitment to making our marriage work" she replied "don't expect me to make promises I have no intention of keeping just because you are caught up in the emotion of the moment."

Man, there is a whole sit-com available for these 2 characters...

Get it all down and sell it to a network. Memories are precious these could be worth millions.
post edited by Jonbouy - 2009/03/03 11:17:22

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/03 11:13:28 (permalink)

Hey there Sven - how are the nerves holding up?

One thing I'd definitely recommend for you is to be sure to be there with your wife in the delivery room - not only will it help her immeasurably through the process, you'll have a moment to treasure for the rest of your life.

I was there when both my kids were born, and I felt I'd bonded with them there and then - wonderful.

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

space_cowboy
  • Total Posts : 9813
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/03 11:26:40 (permalink)
Johbouy
It broke my heart.

But it is true.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
Jonbouy
  • Total Posts : 22562
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/03 12:41:33 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: space_cowboy

Johbouy
It broke my heart.

But it is true.

I can believe it, I had one that was so scared of her own anger she'd only fight with me publically in the street...bless her...

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
OffAnAirplane
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1386
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/03 14:12:45 (permalink)
Just went through this myself a little over 2 months ago when we had our baby girl.
You're life doesn't start changing when the baby is born. It starts changing at the first signs of pregnancy. And it just gets more and more different the further you go along.
But different isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes it is wonderful!

There is no feeling like being a father, and your wife will hopefully be a wonderful mother after all this is over with. And you will see a beautiful side of her you never knew was in there. It happens with all of them (unless there is something seriously wrong.)

My advice:

Be her best friend right now. Help in any and every way you can think of helping her. And when you aren't sure what to do to help anymore, ask. Get used to the idea that being very tired is just going to be part of your life for a while. It will be that way forever really, but it gets easier when they start sleeping through the night (the wife and the baby, that is.) Until then, know that the both of you are going to be irritable because you are tired. But she has that on top of being hormonal, so cut her tons of slack, and overlook the little things she says that are disrespectful or mean sometimes. She doesn't really feel that way, and she doesn't even realize what she's saying sometimes.

Love her, in the truest sense of the word, and you'll be fine.

This is the best definition of love I've seen.

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, and does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; it bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Oh, and if you think selling the house is a major mistake, tell her that you have heard her reasons for selling it, and you appreciate them. And you think it's best to wait a while and think on this decision for at least a week before making it. That will put it off a little while, and maybe she will change her mind in a week. If not, don't let a house come between your marriage. Sell it if that's what it takes to keep the peace.
post edited by OffAnAirplane - 2009/03/03 14:26:22

Rom 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
SvenArne
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2719
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/04 06:04:32 (permalink)
Thanks for your fun and supportive feedback guys. I just had to vent my frustrations here cause I've nowhere else to go right now (my friends can be kinda judgemental so I don't want them in on this quite yet).

I'll go to any length to preserve peace in the home. Yup, I'm a big fan of bargaining with terrorists and not printing Muhammad drawings.

So I've promised her that we can sell the house if she still feels this way come spring, and she's gotten a lot more relaxed the last couple of days.

It's a shame though, I really was looking forward to moving in. And I hate giving the real estate people the pleasure of selling the same house twice in half a year. I hate those guys... Phoney Mercedes driving backslapping MFs!

Sven
post edited by SvenArne - 2009/03/04 06:06:19

godino
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 401
RE: Pregnant Women 2009/03/05 18:07:45 (permalink)
Why are they insane? Or is it just mine??

Not only insane but ungrateful as well!

For the first 3 months my wife couldn't keep anything thing down

During that time I had to eat most of her meals as well as my own

To this day - Not ONE Thank you!!

gordo

Sonar Platinum - intel I7 7700K - Windows 10 home 64 bit - focusrite 214i -  Roland Guitar Synth GR55 - Maschine Mk3 - Oxygen8 keyboard - Guitars basses etc
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1