Presets can't be selected from the rapture interface

Author
jack2
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2007/12/26 16:09:37 (permalink)

Presets can't be selected from the rapture interface

Presets can't be selected from the rapture interface. I have to go to Program Load each time.

Any help?

12 Replies Related Threads

kwgm
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Presets can't be selected from the rapture interface 2007/12/26 18:49:47 (permalink)
    In Rapture the presets are Programs. What are you really trying to do--load an Element?

There's a nice discussion in the manual about Programs, Elements, and the other components of a Rapture sound.

--kwgm
    jack2
    RE: Presets can't be selected from the rapture interface 2007/12/26 19:36:37 (permalink)
    It's only my third time using it. The program browser has stopped launching. Anyone else experience this?
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Presets can't be selected from the rapture interface 2007/12/26 23:59:17 (permalink)
    IF you click on the program name at the top of the program a separate browser comes up - it takes a few moments to minutes to come up. just wait.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    jeffb01
    • Total Posts : 25
    RE: Presets can't be selected from the rapture interface 2007/12/27 14:35:57 (permalink)
    If you're using a mac with leopard, that's probably your problem. Once I upgraded to leopard, it acted the same way. At least i can still use it (unlike dimpro)...
    kwgm
    RE: Presets can't be selected from the rapture interface 2007/12/27 16:35:24 (permalink)
    Jack,

I reread your initial post, and believe I understand that you cannot open the browser, but you have to use the menu to load a program?

As AT suggested, you click or double-click on the program name to show the program browser. If this doesn't work, could it be the browser window is behind another window, or perhaps on another screen? Sometimes with a two-monitor setup, windows do get lost, especially when using a laptop away from a docking station.

If none of these work, then write to Cakewalk support--there's a post at the top section of the Forums that has links to the proper places to get official support from Cakewalk.

--kwgm
    jack2
    RE: Presets can't be selected from the rapture interface 2007/12/28 02:38:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jeffb01

If you're using a mac with leopard, that's probably your problem. Once I upgraded to leopard, it acted the same way. At least i can still use it (unlike dimpro)...

Yes, its on leopard, and when the machine was upgraded was when it started happening.

inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: Presets can't be selected from the rapture interface 2007/12/28 15:21:30 (permalink)
    That's it then. Sorry about that.

Unfortunately, I can't use either one now (Rapture or Dimension Pro), unless I use the Migration Assistant to copy the entire system over from my old Tiger backup (which I don't want to do, since it brings over tons of other stuff I don't need).

It's a bummer, and not what I have come to expect from Cakewalk, frankly.

With respect to them, they need to figure out quickly that jumping into the Mac arena means having to speed up where OS-related patching is concerned. That's the deal with Apple operating systems, which are released 4-5 times as frequently as Windows release schedule. And all of the Mac users I know (me included) upgrade their machines more often as well.

If you want to sell Mac-compatible software, you've got to get on board with that reality.

Not ragging them. I mean that. I dig Cakewalk.
    But it's nearly 2 months since Leopard release. Even NI has updated their plugins faster this go-around.

- zevo
    kwgm
    RE: Presets can't be selected from the rapture interface 2007/12/28 18:39:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: inmazevo

That's it then. Sorry about that.

Unfortunately, I can't use either one now (Rapture or Dimension Pro), unless I use the Migration Assistant to copy the entire system over from my old Tiger backup (which I don't want to do, since it brings over tons of other stuff I don't need).

It's a bummer, and not what I have come to expect from Cakewalk, frankly.

With respect to them, they need to figure out quickly that jumping into the Mac arena means having to speed up where OS-related patching is concerned. That's the deal with Apple operating systems, which are released 4-5 times as frequently as Windows release schedule. And all of the Mac users I know (me included) upgrade their machines more often as well.

If you want to sell Mac-compatible software, you've got to get on board with that reality.

Not ragging them. I mean that. I dig Cakewalk.
    But it's nearly 2 months since Leopard release. Even NI has updated their plugins faster this go-around.

- zevo

I left my Mac behind in 1990 and never looked back. I don't miss it, for sure.

I'm sure they're working on it at Cakewalk, but after all, it was Apple that broke the product with their software release.

I'm sure it will be here soon.

--kwgm
    inmazevo
    RE: Presets can't be selected from the rapture interface 2007/12/29 02:20:26 (permalink)
    I know... Rene has already chimed in and said they were working on it.
    I'm not worried about it - just a bit surprised, since usually Cakewalk is really quick with such things. No biggie, but I'd like to have them back on my Mac.

1990, you say?
    Wow, that was an eternity ago in computer years. Quite a few things have changed since then, to be sure.

I actually like my Macs quite a bit. I'm not a big fan of Apple, but that's a different story. I just find them a bit arrogant for my personal taste, and given that from my experience they're hardly any kind of utopia, I just don't get the arrogance (particularly given the amount of code in OS X that they didn't have to write).

I'm happy with Macs, Windows machines, Unix machines and Linux machines, but I'm kind of a nerd like that. But I do prefer the ability to run everything from one machine, and right now a Mac is the only way to do that if you also want OS X proper.

Take care,
    - zevo
    ckatrun411
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 81
    RE: Presets can't be selected from the rapture interface 2007/12/29 07:39:50 (permalink)
    wow, that sucks, I am still on 10.4.11 I refuse to upgrade to Leprosy until apple releases 600 megabyte, update numero UNo....
    inmazevo
    RE: Presets can't be selected from the rapture interface 2007/12/29 14:49:06 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ckatrun411
    wow, that sucks, I am still on 10.4.11 I refuse to upgrade to Leprosy until apple releases 600 megabyte, update numero UNo....

Good call.
    They've actually already released 10.5.1, with 10.5.2 scheduled for January (rumored to be, anyway).

I'm actually glad I upgraded. Not because Leopard is a great upgrade, though there are a few things that I like better about it, but because since I've had it, I've had enough strangeness to finally make me learn how to get under the hood and disable services (I've had several run-away processes that I don't really need, but that occasionally peg my processors).

That development actually makes it worth it. I can have a lean version of OS X... yippee!!

I upgraded because I hoped Leopard would help my Core Audio Overloads on Logic Pro go away (it didn't).

Take care,
    - zevo
    jeffb01
    • Total Posts : 25
    RE: Presets can't be selected from the rapture interface 2008/01/01 13:40:29 (permalink)
    ot: let's face it, macs aren't what they used to be... I used to have a g3 and it never gave me a problem, but it seems the intel macs (I have a macbook pro) are much more buggy and many have complained about the buggyness of leopard. In terms of stability and reliability, I can say with confidence that the intel mac doesn't hold a candle to my g3.

On the other hand, I don't think it's fair of KWGM to say "it was Apple that broke the product with their software release". It's not the job of the os to work with all the millions of different software, but the job of the software to work on the os. Furthermore, cakewalk software is the only vst that hasn't worked (well dimpro doesn't work at all), though that old workhorse recycle 2.1 doesn't work either (not a vst)...

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1