Pro Suite Upgrade

Author
pryan
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2008/12/01 10:21:34 (permalink)

Pro Suite Upgrade

Hi there :)
I am trying to get my hands on the lovely Dimension Pro and Rapture synths, and am unable to upgrade from Sonar 8 Studio to the holiday bundles (as per my increasingly frustrated monologue on the estore forum!)

So I thought I'd just ask over here, does anyone know if the " Cakewalk Pro Suite Upgrade " bundle available at retail here in
the UK is a valid upgrade from S8 Studio - it is desribed both as an "Upgrade for Sonar users" and an "Upgrade from Sonar 7 Producer" !!

Would be an alternative way for me to go if it was for any Sonar user.
I have emailed Cakewalk about this a few weeks ago and got no reply.
Many thanks for any info, folks :)

8 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Pro Suite Upgrade 2008/12/01 12:04:17 (permalink)
    I have cake pro.. with 7 like you.. but got s8 PE from digital village a month(?) or so ago. I only went for PE for 2 things, the TS and Leveller.. the rest didn't interest me, as I have the full GR / DP.. In retrospect I might as well gone for SE.

although it's a bundled product, you can buy it like as if you have 7PE.. as u know when u registered there was no option for cake pro , like me I'm guessing.. they had an upgrade offer for DP users... but you can upgrade at DV and it'll probably be quicker

http://www.dv247.com/search/0/0/ProductQuantity/Descending/sonar+8+upgrade/1/

the one for just over £57.. but to be honest it's confusing and annoying..e.g. people getting offers for far less than I paid for it not so long later.. it's like being taken for a mug. Pity really, the bundle on offer has the proteus pack which I would have coughed up for and waited for IF cakewalk marketing wasn't trying to bluff us.

I don't have a problem with cake in general, but I do with the marketing people and their tactics, it's just not cricket.

if you haven't got Muz3um for rapture, it's mentioned on this part of the forum.. it's a very nice free download to add to you sounds.
    post edited by Fog - 2008/12/01 12:13:50
    pryan
    RE: Pro Suite Upgrade 2008/12/01 12:31:49 (permalink)
    Hi Fog and thanks for the reply. I am the opposite way round than this. Already have 8 Studio, and am wondering whether I can add the "Pro Suite Upgrade" to it. I don't have S7P at all and am wondering if I buy this upgrade will it let me register it as an upgrade from "any" Sonar, or would it only let me register the instruments if I had S7P already? The DV listing says "any Sonar" AND "for sonar 7 Producer"

http://www.dv247.com/search/0/0/ProductQuantity/Descending/pro+suite+upgrade/1/

Man, sorry my post was so unclear!! :) but sincerely thanks for taking time to try and help :@)
    You dont happen to remember if your full pro suite came with separate serial numbers for Rapture and Dim Pro do you ?
    Thanks again
    Fog
    RE: Pro Suite Upgrade 2008/12/01 13:27:50 (permalink)
    ok I get ya now.. it was a bit unclear..( remind me not to ask you for directions any where hehe)

since your a customer now, well I don't see why you couldn't.. if your near a shop ask them to get it in for you IF you leave a deposit or you could try buying it via the web. if you re-read what I wrote previously it answers your other question. Or ring up their head office in sunny(?) Romford.. (also home of the mighty Ram records) also, I'm sure they will answer your question, DV that is not Andy C or Ant Miles.haha

thing is with the one I got it did include 7PE so I couldn't and wouldn't want to give you a definitive answer, so it's up to you if you wanted to take a punt, but make a call to Romford and see what they are saying.
    post edited by Fog - 2008/12/01 13:31:33
    mgh
    • Total Posts : 8594
    RE: Pro Suite Upgrade 2008/12/01 15:44:00 (permalink)
    just for one last time, if you fancied not getting dim pro and rapture, but, say, Sampletank and Soniksynth, then you get 'em for £66 over at esoundz.com now, but only until tomorrow (dec 2nd) when the group buy ends - that's around £500 if bought new...ah you too Fog, g'wan!

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    pryan
    RE: Pro Suite Upgrade 2008/12/01 17:24:11 (permalink)
    Thanks guys :)
    Tried the ST demo before but must say am more impressed with the CW instruments. Mind you, the esoundz guys might have been easier to buy from !!!
    Best
    Fog
    RE: Pro Suite Upgrade 2008/12/01 17:41:04 (permalink)
    Mark TBH I bought the "ultra" refills for reason of esoundz, waste of time and my money. I was far from impressed. They claim to know about DnB , the stuff that was on there was utter *cough* .. might not bother again.. they are only doing it to compete with Kore etc.

dunno where the £66 is from, you have a link? all I saw was a b.o.g.o.f and that worked out at £133

errm I have kore (the full one) komplete and well a STUPID amount of refills already that I bought (coming up to 22gb worth) , so if it's yet another loads of rhodes / synths / loops etc.. so if it's more of the same , might not be so good.

mgh
    • Total Posts : 8594
    RE: Pro Suite Upgrade 2008/12/01 17:49:22 (permalink)
    http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=2460&refcode=gbrss

it's $99 for which you get sampletank 2.5l, retank (about 4gb of loops), plus a free Ik plug of your choice such as samplemoog, soniksynth, t-racks, miroslav ce, amplitude hendrix or metal, plus one of the free 'lite' plugs like ampeg svx...true, if you have komplete, no need, but for a cheap alternative to dim pro/rapture, sampletank/retank and soniksynth might be a good bet...(soniksynth has 8gb of content..)

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    Fog
    RE: Pro Suite Upgrade 2008/12/01 18:45:42 (permalink)
    thanks Mark.

the thing is , it's made by sonic reality? the sonic synth.. I have 21 volumes of reason refills so I'm guessing the sounds are re-used..e.g. vocal textures .

retank.. well I got 7 gb of loops from hhmm EB (now game) .. was for Ejay, but works with other things.. was called sound classics 1 or some ish, that was pretty good.. RX2'd down to 4gb. was £29 ages ago.. but now I saw a used one for £4 hehe

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/2475526/Sound-Classics-Vol-1/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=2

but I had the sounds maybe 4-5 years ago I guess.

it's tempting, but I own komplete (that has pro 53 etc already) and GR3 , so amp modeling isn't my main thing.. it's good for others , just not for me. I did like some of the pads I heard though.. but it wasn't enough to make me wanna part with the dosh. there are very few things I would buy now and I have to be ultra-picky not to get the same things over again and again. I don't wanna turn into a "gear slut"

post edited by Fog - 2008/12/01 18:50:51
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1