Pro audio 8 cakewalk software, no sound coming from midi files

Author
philly62
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2013/10/13 16:51:00 (permalink)

Pro audio 8 cakewalk software, no sound coming from midi files

I have pro audio 8 cakewalk software.  I use this for midi files that I purchase and use the software to play them through.  I have a compaq laptop that has Microsoft xp.  I was playing them yesterday and everything was fine, no issues.  Today I go to play my midi files and I am getting no sound.  I can see the midi files playing but no sound coming from my laptop.  If I put a cd in or do anything else, my sound is working, just not when I'm trying to hear my cakewalk files.  I did not change any settings and really need an answer because I need to use these files tomorrow.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

2 Replies Related Threads

philly62
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Pro audio 8 cakewalk software, no sound coming from midi files 2013/10/13 18:26:24 (permalink)
    I just postec about the pro audio 8 and no sound coming from my purchased music files.  I am also seem to be having issues when I am playing a cd through the microsoft media player, it is locking up.  Looked an saw that my sound device in Pro audio is also microsoft related.  Could it possibly be my driver for this?  Sorry I far from being a technical person, just reaching here.

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: Pro audio 8 cakewalk software, no sound coming from midi files 2013/11/01 05:53:23 (permalink)
    As MIDI has no sound, it's only control data (like digital sheet music), the answer lies in what is producing the sound. Talking about Pro Audio, I guess you are using the built in Wavetable synth? Check that the MIDI is routed to that.
    My guess is your CD-player is just coming to the end of its life.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1