ProChannel Automation (FX Chain) Only Works On Selected Track

Author
Audman71
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2017/03/25 06:07:40 (permalink)

ProChannel Automation (FX Chain) Only Works On Selected Track

Hi,

I believe I have discovered an issue with the ProChannel. I am currently working on a very complex project with lots of effects in it. It has so many effects as it happens that I have been experiencing click/pop issues as if the software is overwhelming the hardware resources. In an attempt to work around this, I figured out I can convert the FX bins into FX chains, move the chains to the ProChannel for each respective track, then enable or disable each chain module through automation depending on where in the project the audio shows up. This way I get all the sound with less resource hogging. At least that's the theory.

However, there are two problems I have come across. One of them is there is an audible, and quite noticeable, delay on the track with the described automation that requires me to move the audio on said track closer to the starting point of the project. The other, much more significant, issue is the one described in the title; every time I select a track with that automation, the FX chain's enabling/disabling envelopes' effects work perfectly. The problem shows itself when I select another track and play from a point before the automation enables the chain on the previous track's ProChannel, when the FX Chain module is disabled. That's when it doesn't work even though the track's envelope status shows the FX Chain module being enabled as the playback cursor passes over the envelope. That said, if I play on a different track than the one with the automation but play from a point when the FX chain is enabled, the effects do work.

I checked the changelog for the latest version of Platinum, and I don't see anything mentioning the ProChannel anywhere.

Is this a bug, or a feature I can toggle?

4 Replies Related Threads

Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re: ProChannel Automation (FX Chain) Only Works On Selected Track 2017/03/25 19:02:40 (permalink)
    Probably best to up your buffers if the tune is that complicated to get around the clicks and pops.

Are the all the channels read automation enabled.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    bitman
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4105
    Re: ProChannel Automation (FX Chain) Only Works On Selected Track 2017/03/26 13:38:37 (permalink)
    Yeah there are some issues with the console view ProChannel Flyout & Automation which is effectively
    ACT exposure of the widgets.

It's getting better as time goes on but someone needs to be locked in a cubicle for a month or two and just clean this up once and for all. It's been a problem since the NEW SONAR as it all works in X3.

I chronicled this all in the Bakery in hopes that it will get some attention.

http://bakery.cakewalk.co...annel-ACT-focus-issues
    Audman71
    Re: ProChannel Automation (FX Chain) Only Works On Selected Track 2017/03/27 02:53:35 (permalink)
    Wookie: I have my sound card ASIO Buffer Size at it's highest already, 2048, and my tracks are Read Automation Enabled.

bitman: Thank you for that link. I just don't know enough about ACT to figure out what you mean.

Side Question: Is there a way to turn off FX bins through automation? That would solve my problem without the ProChannel.
    Audman71
    Re: ProChannel Automation (FX Chain) Only Works On Selected Track 2017/04/06 03:56:41 (permalink)
    Bump

Anyone?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1