Problem Installing Piscis for Rapture

Author
Sigma
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14
2008/09/18 20:10:21 (permalink)

Problem Installing Piscis for Rapture

So, I downloaded the Piscis Expansion for rapture and when I try and install it, it claims that Rapture is not installed on my computer. I can, however, install it into Rapture LE. I am confused. I am running Vista-64 and have both 32 and 64 bit Sonar 7 Installed. Anyone else have a similar problem/some advice?
post edited by Sigma - 2008/09/18 20:12:26

13 Replies Related Threads

GPD
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 72
    RE: Problem Installing Piscis for Rapture 2008/09/18 21:17:03 (permalink)
    Hi please email me at:

shop ["ta" backwards] galbanum.com

I have an updated installer for Vista 64 that I can let you try. (There should be no issues for Vista 32, or XP)

Andrew Souter
    Galbanum | sonic science aural allusion

www.galbanum.com
    Gene921
    • Total Posts : 63
    RE: Problem Installing Piscis for Rapture 2008/09/19 12:40:35 (permalink)
    Andrew, I'm having a issue, as well. From the installation instructions:

"Launch Rapture and press "F5". This will make Rapture re-scan its Program folder and import the "Galbanum Piscis" presets into Rapture's
    pop-up Program list."

I'm running Vista 32-bit. My F5 wants to open files. Is there another shortcut to rescan?

Thanks - looking forward to playing around with Piscis.

Edited to add: Andrew, I just emailed you as well.
    post edited by Gene921 - 2008/09/19 13:36:30
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Problem Installing Piscis for Rapture 2008/09/19 13:50:07 (permalink)
    My F5 wants to open files. Is there another shortcut to rescan?
    Hey, Gene. When there's a problem with this, it's usually that the Program Browser window itself isn't open, or doesn't have the current highlighted 'focus'. In a host application like Sonar, it may help to click on that little Qwerty keyboard icon in the upper right ('Give all Keystrokes to Plug-in'). Click on the Program Browser header to insure that it has the current focus, then press F5.

If you haven't already, I'd try those two things first. In case that doesn't work out for you, you'll need to locate the "programs.lst" file for Rapture. IIRC, that's under ...ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs in Vista-32. One easy way to find it is to click on that small floppy disk icon in Rapture's GUI. Select 'Browse Programs'. You can delete the 'programs.lst' file, or just rename the file extension to be on the safe side.

Once you've done that, click on Rapture's Program Browser slot to open it up. It'll stay blank for a few moments while it regenerates the program.lst. After that, you'll see any correctly installed programs refreshed in the Browser.
    Sigma
    • Total Posts : 14
    RE: Problem Installing Piscis for Rapture 2008/09/19 18:31:20 (permalink)
    So I talked with Andrew over email and we very quickly got the problem sorted out. The new installer worked fine, but I have both 32 bit Sonar and 64 installed on my comp, so I had to copy the Galbanum Architecture files to the right multisample directory as my 64 bit rapture was looking in the 32 bit directory. Works great now, though. Sounds awesome.
    Gene921
    RE: Problem Installing Piscis for Rapture 2008/09/19 19:20:23 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: b rock

My F5 wants to open files. Is there another shortcut to rescan?
    Hey, Gene. When there's a problem with this, it's usually that the Program Browser window itself isn't open, or doesn't have the current highlighted 'focus'. In a host application like Sonar, it may help to click on that little Qwerty keyboard icon in the upper right ('Give all Keystrokes to Plug-in'). Click on the Program Browser header to insure that it has the current focus, then press F5.

If you haven't already, I'd try those two things first. In case that doesn't work out for you, you'll need to locate the "programs.lst" file for Rapture. IIRC, that's under ...ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs in Vista-32. One easy way to find it is to click on that small floppy disk icon in Rapture's GUI. Select 'Browse Programs'. You can delete the 'programs.lst' file, or just rename the file extension to be on the safe side.

Once you've done that, click on Rapture's Program Browser slot to open it up. It'll stay blank for a few moments while it regenerates the program.lst. After that, you'll see any correctly installed programs refreshed in the Browser.

Thanks, b rock. I did what you suggested ... found "programs.lst" and renamed the file extension.

Now, "Galbanum Piscis" is listed in the Program Browser as a subfolder of Expansion Pack 2, but with no drop down menu. I can, however, load the Piscis programs via the Load Program option. Unfortunately, none of the sounds are visible in the program browser.

Thoughts, anyone?
    b rock
    RE: Problem Installing Piscis for Rapture 2008/09/19 19:49:03 (permalink)
    Now, "Galbanum Piscis" is listed in the Program Browser as a subfolder of Expansion Pack 2, but with no drop down menu. I can, however, load the Piscis programs via the Load Program option.
    Hmmm. That doesn't sound right. It comes via an installer, so I can't think of how that might end up as a subfolder. Alphabetically, it should usually be right under Expansion Pack 2, but with a [+] sign next to it, opening up its own sub-categories of presets.

After clicking on the [+] sign, mine's laid out like this, under the parent folder of [-] Galbanum Piscis:
    [+] Pads Arpeggiated
    [+] Pads Basic
    [+] Pads Multiwave
    [+] Pads Spectrum
    [+] Pads Textures
    [+] Texture FX
    Clicking on any of those [+] signs opens up access to the individual presets within.

How about when you navigate through the File Handling (floppy disk) icon to the left of the RAPTURE logo? Instead of Load Program, check through the Browse Programs entry. Find 'Galbanum Piscis', and see if there's a subfolder structure similar to the one that I've listed here.

It won't hurt to press F5 again with the Program Browser 'in focus', just to make sure everything's refreshed.
    Gene921
    RE: Problem Installing Piscis for Rapture 2008/09/19 20:17:32 (permalink)
    B -

When I go through Browse Programs, it opens up the path C:/ProgramData/Cakewalk/Rapture/Programs with all of my Rapture folders within it, including Galbanum Piscis ... however, the Galbanum folder is EMPTY.

However, when I go through the Load Programs, it opens Windows Explorer, and I can see C:/Program Files/Cakewalk/Rapture/Programs/Galbanum Piscis and then see the subfolders:

1- Spectrum Pads
    2- Multiwave Pads
    3- Basic Pads
    4- Arpeggiated Pads
    5- Texture Pads
    6- Texture FX

I notice that they're named differently than yours and in a different order.

Looks like the sounds were placed in the wrong folder somehow? Is the solution as simple as just moving them?
    post edited by Gene921 - 2008/09/19 20:20:32
    b rock
    RE: Problem Installing Piscis for Rapture 2008/09/19 20:42:22 (permalink)
    I notice that they're named differently than yours and in a different order.
    Don't worry about that part. Mine was installed just prior to the final release, so that's why I said "a similar structure".
    I can see C:/Program Files/Cakewalk/Rapture/Programs/Galbanum Piscis and then see the subfolders
    That looks like the standard WinXP installation file paths before Vista-compatibility was adopted. Quick question: Do you have Rapture 1.0 installed from the original disk, or have you updated to the Rapture 1.1 download yet? I suspect that it's the former, and that's where your Expansion Pack installation problem might've started.
    Looks like the sounds were placed in the wrong folder somehow? Is the solution as simple as just moving them?
    Yes it is. Copy all of those subfolders under C:/Program Files/Cakewalk/Rapture/Programs/Galbanum Piscis, and paste them under C:/ProgramData/Cakewalk/Rapture/Programs/Galbanum Piscis. Now when you press F5 with the Program Browser open, you should be good to go. Let me know how this works out for you.
    Gene921
    RE: Problem Installing Piscis for Rapture 2008/09/19 20:47:50 (permalink)
    B -

I have Rapture 1.1 installed.

I actually moved the files, and everything seems to be working fine, now. :) Thanks for your help!

PS. Should I have only copied the subfolders instead of moving them? (i.e., is there any reason to copy them back to the original location?)
    b rock
    RE: Problem Installing Piscis for Rapture 2008/09/19 20:56:19 (permalink)
    After I thought about it, you probably wouldn't have seen much of anything without Rapture 1.1 installed. Maybe the installer went whack-o on you; I really don't know. As for copying the files rather than moving them ... no real advantage or disadvantage, other than some file space housekeeping. I was just trying to leave you a trail of 'bread crumbs' in case another unforeseen problem cropped up.

So, you're good to go. Have fun exploring the Expansion Pack. There's a lot in there, and a ton of 'extras' that aren't utilized in the standard presets.
    GPD
    RE: Problem Installing Piscis for Rapture 2008/09/20 00:50:35 (permalink)
    So, you're good to go. Have fun exploring the Expansion Pack.

OK Great! Thanks for taking the time to help him with this B-Rock. That rocks! ;-)

There are a lot of variables at the moment XP 32, XP 64, Vista 32, Vista 64, Rapture, Rapture LE, Sonar 32, Sonar 64 etc... The combinations and permutations get seriously deep...

The installer should be able to determine correctly what you have installed, and it "should" all be automatic. It will be in 95% or more of the time....

In this case Gene had manually installed partially before running the installer which may have confused matters.... hard to tell... The good news is, is that it is working for him and everyone else. Awesome!

There's a lot in there, and a ton of 'extras' that aren't utilized in the standard presets.

Like what? You mean the extra LFOs? Everything else should be used at least once by the various presets. But it can certainly be used in other presets just as easily definitely. In fact you can customize your own sounds quite easily by replacing waveforms for other similar (or not) waveforms, or switch out the spectrum SFZs etc etc... Lots of fun!

Andrew Souter

www.galbanum.com
    tonedef
    • Total Posts : 35
    RE: Problem Installing Piscis for Rapture 2008/09/28 01:50:43 (permalink)
    Hello.

I purchased and downloaded Piscis recently from the Galbanum web site on 9/21/2008. It did not come with an installer program. It was just a .ZIP file with installation instructions in a PDF file. If there is an installable version of Piscis, how can I download that version?

Thanks in advance.
    ToneDeF
    GPD
    RE: Problem Installing Piscis for Rapture 2008/09/30 10:00:16 (permalink)
    Hi please email me at:

shop ["ta" backwards] galbanum.com

I can provide you with an installer.

I will update the download on my server to use the installer as well.

(The installer was made after Piscis was initially released at the request of Cakewalk for the version that is sold through the Cakewalk store. I suppose I should update this on my server now too, though it ends up taking 2X the amount of server space because I must have both a Win installer and Mac OSX installer. It should be done also in case anyone purchases Second Coming first and then purchases Piscis. The installer is needed when installing more than one of these expansions. The Second Coming download from my site is already using the installer.)

Thanks.

Andrew Souter

www.galbanum.com
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1