Problem With Waves SSL Loading In Sonar Platinum (Solved)

Author
mred1953
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 33
2017/07/02 18:52:26 (permalink)

Problem With Waves SSL Loading In Sonar Platinum (Solved)

Hello everyone. I have the Waves SSL plugins which includes the SSL E- Channel & SSL G-Channel. It has worked with no problems for months but now Sonar Plat doesn’t show/can’t find them. The Comp channel & SSL EQ are there & working. A couple of weeks ago I bought the Console 1 which has it’s own SSL plugins which shouldn’t affect anything, but other than Windows 10 & Sonar updates that’s all that has changed.

What I have tried so far is:

A complete re installation of the Waves plugins (twice)
Full re-scan within Sonar (many times) while adding every path that may house a plugin making sure the Waves folder was in the path
Followed the troubleshooting guide from Waves website
Contacted Waves support & was told to re-scan (ongoing)
Shift key while launching Sonar

I have no idea what I have done but as I said it all worked for months with no problems so I’m sure I did something inadvertently.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike
post edited by mred1953 - 2017/07/02 21:51:22

Windows 10 Home 64, 16 Gb Ram, Sonar Platinum, PreSonus Studio Live 16.0.2

4 Replies Related Threads

Jeff Evans
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5139
    Re: Problem With Waves SSL Loading In Sonar Platinum 2017/07/02 20:32:17 (permalink)
    This may help not sure.  I run Studio One but also have some Waves plugins myself.  Recently a new one failed to load and Studio One could not find it no matter what I did.  

I checked with Waves Central.  Make sure this is the latest version.  For some reason it put one of my licences in the cloud as opposed to on my PC.  Any cloud licences are easy to move as well.  Once I moved the problem plugin licence from the cloud to my PC all was well.

Check with Waves Central as to where your licences actually are.  Softube may have put some there too.  I know Waves Central is fiddly and such but it does tell you a lot of information though. 

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
    mred1953
    Re: Problem With Waves SSL Loading In Sonar Platinum 2017/07/02 20:44:09 (permalink)
    Thank you Jeff for your reply. Waves has sent me a list of things to try and I am currently in that process. I will check out your tips as well.

Thank you very much for your help.

chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: Problem With Waves SSL Loading In Sonar Platinum 2017/07/02 21:10:12 (permalink)
    You didn't mention if you have  Waves Central installed and updated ?
    And is this with the latest 2017.06.21 ? Have you tried rolling back using Command center ?

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

mred1953
    Re: Problem With Waves SSL Loading In Sonar Platinum 2017/07/02 21:48:17 (permalink)
    Hello Jeff & Chuck. I received a detailed step by step guide from Waves. I followed their guide & now my plugins are back & working. I would like to know why this happened but that would probably be impossible.
    Thanks for your help.
    I am posting the guide in case someone else has this issue. A lot of steps & I have no idea what actually fixed the problem. Thanks again.

"First- I'd like to point out that the only path Soar should be scanning for Waves plugins is C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Please check whether other folders scanned by Sonar contain any Waveshell files. If they do- Delete any Waveshell file you find in any location but the aforementioned location (C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3).

Once done- Rescan Sonar

If the issue still occurs, I suggest a clean re-installation. Please follow these steps:

First, uninstall:
    1. Launch Central.
    2. Go to Install > Uninstall, check mark both boxes and click Uninstall..
    3. Go to C:\Program Files (x86) and delete the Waves folder.
    4. Press [Win key]+R, type %AppData% and hit Enter.
    5. In the Roaming folder that shows, drag the Waves Audio folder to your desktop.
    6. Press [Win key]+R, type %LocalAppData% and hit Enter. In the window that shows, delete the Waves Audio folder.
    7. Press [Win key]+R, type %ProgramData% and hit Enter. In the window that shows, delete the Waves Audio folder.
    8. Delete any WaveShell files you find in the following locations (if exist):
      • C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins
      • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-ins
      • C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
      • C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins
      • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ DigiDesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
      • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3
      • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\WPAPI

Now to re-install:
    1. Run Waves Central (1.3.2.4) and log in.
    2. Go to Install Products.
    3. On the left column, select Online.
    4. On the middle column, click on My Products and select the products you wish to install.
    5. Click Install on the bottom right.

Once done- Rescan Sonar by follow the steps on the aforementioned how to find your plug-ins in Sonar article on our website."

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1