Problem in Recording Audio in Yamaha PSR S700 Instrument sound in Cakewalk Sonar X3

Author
Manohar
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2017/05/12 09:27:33 (permalink)

Problem in Recording Audio in Yamaha PSR S700 Instrument sound in Cakewalk Sonar X3

Hi,can anyone guide me,why can;t I record an audio using Yamaha own Instrument sounds in cakewalk sonar X3.Whenever I switch
on Sonar X3 I noticed the Yamaha Own Instruments Sound cut off thus enable to hear at all except triggering the midi vst instrument.I need to record from the Yamaha Own instrument.The only option as far as I know is it to plug off the midi or usb port from pc and switch off my yamaha keyboard and on it back and I can hear the instrument sound from the yamaha and able to record through audio.Any idea how to fix this problem using alternative.Thanks.

1 Reply Related Threads

abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: Problem in Recording Audio in Yamaha PSR S700 Instrument sound in Cakewalk Sonar X3 2017/05/12 21:43:42 (permalink)
    I have an older Yamaha PSR E-series that has always played back the local internal sounds, regardless of whether I was using the USB-MIDI port with a computer.  I had to turn the volume down to zero on the Yamaha keyboard if I wanted to play virtual instruments in the PC.

How are you connecting the audio from the Yamaha to your PC audio interface?   Have you tested this without connecting the audio cables? 

I am not aware of any feature in X3 that should cause that to happen. 

USB-MIDI carries both an IN and OUT port.  Maybe try going into Sonar settings and disabling the MIDI out port.    just in case the keyboard is detecting a MIDI signal from the DAW, and disabling local control automatically.

Some synthesizer keyboards have a manual setting called local control (on/off) that prevents the internal sound module from triggering, so you can just use the MIDI out.  I don't know if any of the PSRs would have this feature.

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1