Problem loading Studio Instruments onto track

Author
LJMC6
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2012/04/13 07:57:27 (permalink)

Problem loading Studio Instruments onto track

Hi to everyone. A new user here. Also a total beguinner in all things DAW and virtual instruments. My computer is very recent and meets -and exceeds- all the specs from Cakewalk Music Creator 6. Music Creator 6 and Studio Instruments run well.
Ok, a question with the hope an answer will be provided by one of you who has more experience.

1. I'd like to use Studio Instruments to create a 12 bar blues with Drums, bass and piano. When I open Studio Instruments as a soft synth, the window pops up and I can load and hear the patches on the SI interface. They sound great and there's no problem there.

However when I drag the patch onto the MC6 track it somehow looses its 'punch' it doesn't sound the same and it almost feels lame. I would like the patch to land in MC6 and sound the same and so add one following another to create a full track for each base, drums and piano.

What am I doing wrong?
So there you are. Can somebody help a newbie here? 
Cheers
Lou

4 Replies Related Threads

tomixornot
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1674
    Re:Problem loading Studio Instruments onto track 2012/04/13 15:43:13 (permalink)
    What instrument's patch are you dragging into the track ?

Are you dragging into the soft synt's track ?
    dubdisciple
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5849
    Re:Problem loading Studio Instruments onto track 2012/04/13 15:47:26 (permalink)
    Wish i could help directly, but i will suggest you head to the  Music Creator area on this forum.  You may luck out and find more people who use the software.  If this were happening in X! it would likely be because you have different settings in preview bus than on the track you dragged the patch to.  Not sure if it works that way in MC or not
    LJMC6
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re:Problem loading Studio Instruments onto track 2012/04/15 15:57:47 (permalink)
      Hi thanks for response. Yes I drag the SI patch (one of the ones you can find in the SI browser, say 12bar blues 1 in the SI drums) onto the MC6 track created by SI when loading the drums; not just any track. So I'm lost as to how to make it work. Any suggestions?
    tomixornot
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1674
    Re:Problem loading Studio Instruments onto track 2012/04/16 06:11:59 (permalink)
    JLMC6,

Have you tried to do that from a new project ? Every time you do that it sounded the same ?

One way I can think of is, after you have dragged the patch into the drums track, you may accidentally change the drums kit.. but if you audition new patch within SI interface, you should hear the new sound.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1