Problem using P5 v2 and Alesis midi Controler with USB

Author
MFanning
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 205
2005/08/26 01:49:50 (permalink)

Problem using P5 v2 and Alesis midi Controler with USB

Just got an Alesis Photon x25 midi controler yesterday and everything works in P5 when I connect with a midi cable. However, when I set the contoller up with the USB connection P5 doesn't recognize it. When I open P5 it runs the audio profiler then says it could not open the following device: USB audio divice. The Photon x25's USB connection works fine with Sonar and I believe everything is installed correctly. I checked Windows XP audio setup and it has the Photon X25 setup correctly there.

Anyone here encounter this? Is there a fix for this so that I could use Photon X25's USB connection when using Project 5? That would be my prefered way of using the controller.
I hope it's not a quirk related to my DAW. Thanks for any advice you can give.

4 Replies Related Threads

CloudWalker
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 799
    RE: Problem using P5 v2 and Alesis midi Controler with USB 2005/08/26 11:25:07 (permalink)
    HA ha! Funny you should ask. I just bought one as well. Its my pride and joy.

The photon, when I plugged mine in (via usb). Windows couldn't profile the audio, but it regognized it as a midi device.

When it says it cant profile, I think its the same issue as mine. It cant profile the Audio.
    Just skip the boxes that say "cannot profile". And check the box that says "dont ask again."
    It should show up in the midi-control option box as 2 usb devices.

I hope that helps! and I hope you enjoy your photon as much a I do!

Tell us if you have more problemes.

-C W
    MFanning
    RE: Problem using P5 v2 and Alesis midi Controler with USB 2005/08/26 13:44:49 (permalink)
    Hey CloudWalker, Thanks for the info. Yes, sure enough it is there in the midi input list. I could swear I looked at that before when trying this and didn't see anything. Anyway, I'm a happy camper now! Now I only need one connection to the X25!

I'm glad you like it. I'm still getting used to it, but so far so good. How are you configuring the AXYZ dome thing? I'm not sure yet which controls to use. It's pretty cool!

Thanks again!
    CloudWalker
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 799
    RE: Problem using P5 v2 and Alesis midi Controler with USB 2005/08/26 13:49:46 (permalink)
    For the axyz dome:

I went into the editor (on my photon) and assigned:

X - cc20

Y - cc21

Z - cc22

that way, I just choose my parameter. (Lets say a cutoff) and I just assign the cufoff to either cc20 cc21 or cc22.

Thats just me though!
    MFanning
    RE: Problem using P5 v2 and Alesis midi Controler with USB 2005/08/26 15:45:42 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: CloudWalker

For the axyz dome:

I went into the editor (on my photon) and assigned:

X - cc20

Y - cc21

Z - cc22

that way, I just choose my parameter. (Lets say a cutoff) and I just assign the cufoff to either cc20 cc21 or cc22.

Thats just me though!

Thanks CloudWalker for sharing that. The AXYZ dome thing definitely has some interesting possiblities. Got a few days off from work ahead of me and I definitely will be playing around with the Photon and having fun with it.

Thanks!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1