Problem with Adding Controllers to a MIDI Channel

Author
mwmcbroom
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 100
2018/05/30 13:10:34 (permalink)

Problem with Adding Controllers to a MIDI Channel

I'm using SPlat, not CbB -- I'm getting occasional crashes and lockups with CbB, so I'm sticking with SPlat for now -- it seems to be more reliable.

So, right now I'm working my way through some old .bun archives -- they date back to 2001 and the software used was Pro Audio 9. Following a tip from another member here, rather than open the files directly, I use the Media Browser to reach the .bun and then just drag into into Sonar's workspace. This has worked great so far.

This is the first time I've run into this situation. This particular file has six MIDI tracks, but when I look in the Piano Roll View, there is only a single controller -- Velocity -- for all six tracks. I tried a variety of things to get another controller to appear, then dropped back ten and RTFM'd. Well, that didn't do much good. Here's the page I was using for the information I needed:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=EditingMIDI.22.html

I got stalled out on step 1. When I click on the Controller Lane's "event filter" nothing happens at all. I presume that the Controller Lane's event filter is "Velocity" since this is the only one showing. I would like to add "Volume" to the stack as well, and maybe "Pan."

I read through related material, even did a search on "Event Filter," which led me to calling up an MFX Event Filter, which seemed like real overkill, plus it didn't have the controls I wanted. And none of the other information I read gave me what I was after.

What if I were to manually type in the "code" for the event filter I wanted into the event list. Think it would appear?

As always your help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

4 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Problem with Adding Controllers to a MIDI Channel 2018/05/30 13:22:17 (permalink)

Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: Problem with Adding Controllers to a MIDI Channel 2018/05/30 18:38:43 (permalink)
    Great video Steve, sure say's all that is needed without saying a word.  I've have a screen capture program now and need to take some time to figure it out. 

Also as in all things Sonar there is more than one way to do the same thing. 
    You can automate the track and add volume, pan etc on the fly or by manually entering nodes.  

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Problem with Adding Controllers to a MIDI Channel 2018/05/30 18:46:23 (permalink)
    The animated gif above was created using LICEcap. It is a pretty simple program.
    mwmcbroom
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: Problem with Adding Controllers to a MIDI Channel 2018/05/30 23:50:47 (permalink)
    Thanks for the response. You know, I was staring right at that control, but for some reason I didn't see it. Now, where have my glasses gotten off to . . .

Thanks much!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1