Problem with SI Drum Kit and Music Creator 6

Author
Jata89
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2013/08/09 16:31:34 (permalink)

Problem with SI Drum Kit and Music Creator 6

I recently purchased Cakewalk Music Creator 6 with Studio Instruments.  I am having a problem with the SI drum kit.  The SI piano, bass and strings work fine, I am able to audition the instruments and drag and drop the premade MIDI tracks into my projects on Music Creator 6 and they play back with no problems.  Also, the piano, bass and strings respond to my Korg nanokey MIDI USB controller.  The SI drum kit is proving to be very difficult and frustrating to work with.  The SI drum kit does not respond to my MIDI keyboard and I am only able to audition the drums with my mouse.   When I open up the SI drum kit by itself, not through Music Creator 6, I am able to audition the drums with my MIDI keyboard.  When I drag and drop the Midi tracks to a project in Music Creator 6 the Midi track is displayed but there is no sound.  I am using a Dell laptop with Windows Vista X64 and an onboard soundcard.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Studio Instruments and even uninstalled and reinstalled Music Creator 6 but I still end up with the same problem.  Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Problem with SI Drum Kit and Music Creator 6 2013/08/10 09:23:58 (permalink)
    Uninstalling and reinstalling is not the problem, so no need to do that.   I'm not on the DAW right now so I can't open it to check...... I don't generally use SI drums (or any of the SI stuff) so I'm not 100% sure how to answer this.....

Have you done the tutorials on using the SI instruments ?  If the others work, there is something you are missing in the steps.

I'm also not a loop user but correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't some of those loops audio and some are midi? So if it's a midi loop, it has to have a soft synth set up in order to get music out of it. 

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jata89
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Problem with SI Drum Kit and Music Creator 6 2013/08/10 11:04:09 (permalink)
    Which tutorials are you talking about?  I have watched a few videos on them and they were not very helpful. 
         I am going to try and explain this little better.  I am creating a new MIDI template in Music Creator 6.  I go to insert synth and select SI electric piano.  Two tracks are created, SI electric piano and SI electric piano primary output stereo.  The SI electric piano input is omni and output is SI electric piano.  The SI electric piano primary output stereo input is SI electric piano and the output is speakers/headphones.  I open up the SI electric piano plug-in, a keyboard pops up and I am able to audition and modify the sounds (drive, chorus, tremolo, etc.) on the left there is a panel where there are different patterns I can audition, I find one I like, and I drag it to the SI Electric Piano Track in Music Creator 6 and MIDI data is displayed.  I click play in Music Creator 6 and I can hear it play back and see movement on the sound bar for the SI Electric Piano Primary Output Stereo track.  This process works for the strings and bass as well.  However, with the drums it does not. 
         When I open the SI drum plug-in I am able to audition the sounds and hear them.  While doing this, I can look at the SI drums Primary Output Stereo in Studio Instruments 6 and see the sound bar moving.  When I drag a drum pattern I like from the SI drum plugin to the SI drum track in Music Creator 6, MIDI data is displayed.  When I hit play to hear it in Music Creator 6 I hear nothing, and see no movement in the sound bar for the SI drums primary output stereo track. 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1