Problem with VST Presets after saving project

Author
quietman
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 362
2010/08/17 17:45:20 (permalink)

Problem with VST Presets after saving project

Hi

I have a VST I'm using called Golden Aset by ArtVera. The problem is that when saving a project and particularly when re-loading, the presets change from the settings I originally had. I have to re-load the preset again to get the correct original sound.

I had a similar issue with Camel Audio Alchemy Player preset and NI's Absynth. The support from Camel Audio was helpful and suggested going to my Project settings on the 'MIDI Out' tab to un-tick the 'Zero Controllers When Play Stops' option. This is generally un-ticked now so this can't be the issue with Golden Aset. 

I have asked the developer but she is unsure why this is happening. 

Any thoughts would be appriciated on this.

Mnay thanks,
Martin

www.4th-eden.com
Composing until I'm decomposing

2 Replies Related Threads

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re:Problem with VST Presets after saving project 2010/08/18 03:06:01 (permalink)
    Sorry, I have no help to offer, just sympathy.

Annoyingly many VSTs fail to function logically when it comes to maintaining settings and/or presets. I have no idea of how much of it is due to SONAR.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    quietman
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 362
    Re:Problem with VST Presets after saving project 2010/08/19 15:38:28 (permalink)
    Hi Thanks for your support.

I think I have found a resolution to this particular issue. I actually loaded JBridge 32-64 bridging software that was mention by someone from Cakewalk Support rather than using BitBridge supplied by Cakewalk. I linked this VST to JBridge and the presets stay true to how they were saved.

I am running the demo and it costs 15 euros but think it would be worth it as I intend to use this VST for many compositions.

www.4th-eden.com
    Composing until I'm decomposing
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1