Problem with getting stereo input and output choice for ASIO drivers - single channel only

Author
hiamp1000
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2014/04/06 08:19:35 (permalink)

Problem with getting stereo input and output choice for ASIO drivers - single channel only

Hi
Does anyone have any idea why MC6 touch shows only single choice choices for ASIO drivers (could be m-audio, or asio4all, or any number of Asio drivers, always seems the same issue)  MC6 only  seems to detect and list single channels.  I cannot get stereo plugins to output stereo to the master output and onto a pair of interface stereo outputs (unless i kludge something with two tracks.

Thanks
Hiamp

2 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Problem with getting stereo input and output choice for ASIO drivers - single channel 2014/04/06 10:06:30 (permalink)
    All the drivers I have worked with show a Left, Right and Stereo option for each stereo pair of inputs available from the interface. Sometimes, the options all carry the number of the left input 1,3,5, etc. but "1 Right" (or something similar) is actually input number 2 and "1 Stereo" is the stereo pair of channels 1 and 2. "3 Right" is input number 4 and "3 Stereo" is the stereo part of channels 3 and 4.
    57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: Problem with getting stereo input and output choice for ASIO drivers - single channel 2014/04/06 10:11:35 (permalink)
    If you have an M-Audio device (or any other device) that has native ASIO drivers, you should not have ASIO4All. Delete ASIO4All from your computer. It will interfere with the operation of ASIO.
    Stereo inputs for many devices will often be listed as 1, 3, 5, etc., 1 being the stereo pair 1 and 2, 3 being stereo pair 3 and 4...
    Without knowing what synths or effects you're using, it's hard to guess why you're getting mono outputs. There may be a selection in the synth/effect insert menu or GUI for mono or stereo output.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1