Problem with install of Dimension Pro on Mac running 10.5.7

Author
mjsdfw
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2009/07/03 15:09:51 (permalink)

Problem with install of Dimension Pro on Mac running 10.5.7

Hi,

I have recently moved to a Mac and have been having a problem getting Dimension Pro installed.

OSX 10.5.7

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB

I have seen some other entries with the same problems, but no real solution, outside of downgrading OSX.
Since this is the version that came with my MAC, I really do not want to change OSX.

I have tried many different variations and the basic problem appears to be that when you get to the point where
you are asked to insert Disc 1 from original DVD pack, I insert the disc and it goes into a loop requesting the disc,
even though it is in the drive.

I have tried the 1.3 Mac installer, installing 1.1 directly from my original discs and each time similar errors. Get a useless
message about an error preventing install, but no details.

Does anyone know about any plans for Cakewalk to fix the compatibility issue with the latest versions of OSX?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mike

7 Replies Related Threads

inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: Problem with install of Dimension Pro on Mac running 10.5.7 2009/07/06 17:18:32 (permalink)
    Unfortunately, the Dim Pro 1.3 installer for Leopard quit working sometime around 10.5.6 (maybe 10.5.5).
    I used it successfully on 10.5, 10.5.1, and 10.5.3, and this past weekend rebuilt my machine around 10.5.4, and it worked fine.
    However, 10.5.6 and 10.5.7 didn't work for me either. It starts, and then gets to disk 1 or disk 2, and then bails out with some error like "installation failed."

I don't know what to tell you other than you're correct: it doesn't work anymore.
    You can file a defect report with Cake and hope they fix it.
    Or get in touch with Cake tech support and see if they can help you pull the files off the disk (there was a thread around for this a LONG time ago).

Another option, which MIGHT be the faster way to go, would be to go to a local Mac shop (preferably NOT the "Apple" store), explain to them the situation, and see if they'll install an older version for you (say: 10.5.3 or something).

Sucks, I know. But other than that I have no ideas.

Good luck,
    - zevo

chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: Problem with install of Dimension Pro on Mac running 10.5.7 2009/07/07 08:29:45 (permalink)
    Hey Mike,

That is strange. The latest installer I have from Cakewalk Tech Support works fine on the latest version of OSX. Please contact Tech Support. they should be able to get your issue fixed.

Best,
    Chad

inmazevo
    RE: Problem with install of Dimension Pro on Mac running 10.5.7 2009/07/07 13:07:04 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: chad
    Hey Mike,
    That is strange. The latest installer I have from Cakewalk Tech Support works fine on the latest version of OSX. Please contact Tech Support. they should be able to get your issue fixed.
    Best,
    Chad

So you successfully installed on a clean system with 10.5.6 or 10.5.7?
    Fascinating.

I couldn't get that working on any of my machines. Had to roll back to an earlier version, and install from there.
    Then I could updated to 10.5.6 or 10.5.7 and use Dim Pro fine. It was only the installation that was broken.

- zevo
    mjsdfw
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Problem with install of Dimension Pro on Mac running 10.5.7 2009/07/09 22:15:41 (permalink)
    Hi Folks,

I have an update after working with Cake Product Support:

There is another version of the 1.3 installer, different from the one in the download area.

This version is for people who are trying to install from the 2 DVD version on OSX 10.5.7.

So using this installer I got Dim Pro installed, but still had one other bump, with the default folders for the audio files getting created properly.
    I set them up manually and the install completed.

I'm using Logic Express on the Mac and I don't see the Dim plugin as being available, but I don't really know LE, so will have to poke
    in there some to get it working I imagine. I'm far from being an expert with this type of software, just do it for fun.

So, if you are having a problem on newer versions of OSX and are using the dual DVD version to install, you may want to check into this alternate installer.

Will update when I have more info.

Mike
    inmazevo
    RE: Problem with install of Dimension Pro on Mac running 10.5.7 2009/07/10 14:36:41 (permalink)
    Glad you got it (mostly) working.

So, with Logic Express you MUST install the AU version of Dim Pro, not the VST.
    Logic Express doesn't directly support VST instruments, only audio unit plugins (AU).

To find out if you have the audio unit version installed:
    - Open the finder
    - Navigate to your system drives "Library" folder (not your user's Library folder)
    - In Library/Audio/Plug-Ins, you'll see a few directories: Components, HAL, MAS, VST
    - The AU plugins are located in Components

If you don't have a Dim Pro component file within this directory, you don't have the AU version installed.

Good luck,
    - zevo
    keybdwizrd
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Problem with install of Dimension Pro on Mac running 10.5.7 2009/07/24 21:59:06 (permalink)
    mjsdfw

Hi Folks,

I have an update after working with Cake Product Support:

There is another version of the 1.3 installer, different from the one in the download area.

This version is for people who are trying to install from the 2 DVD version on OSX 10.5.7.

Where, please, is this different installer version that you speak of?  I am trying to install on a system with OSX 10.5.7 and it doesn't work.  Please help!

Michael

sonicrange
    • Total Posts : 8
    RE: Problem with install of Dimension Pro on Mac running 10.5.7 2012/01/10 17:16:10 (permalink)
    I wrote Cake support and this is the reply I received:

"Unfortunately, we do not have a Lion installer for Dimension Pro. We understand that this is in high demand but, we do not have Lion support at this time."

So what's the real deal? This ticks me off as I bought the full version of DimPro when it first came out plus upgraded to Sonar 8 where it came bundled.

Can anyone assist me please?

Cheers......
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1