Problems Opening My Project File

Author
1tmack
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
2014/07/06 14:31:09 (permalink)

Problems Opening My Project File

I use Music Creator 6 (Not Touch). I have been having problems opening my project file that I creatd in Music Creator 6, I get a message stating the music doesn't exist and would I liek to create it. By hitting Yes, it will also say some external audio files couldn't be found- missing audio data has been replaced with silence. The project still opens but only certain tracks will play or no tracks play at all. Could someone please assist me with this problem? 

1 Reply Related Threads

spacealf
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2133
    Re: Problems Opening My Project File 2014/07/06 19:52:56 (permalink)
    Ah, if you did not store the song in its own Project Folder when first creating it, then the audio files may be in the general folder of audio data of Cakewalk. If you re-named the files the Project will not know what to use them for or deleted them then they will also not be there. If you can not tell which audio files are which then you will have to play them and see if it is an audio file for that song (project).

It is always better to store each song (project) in its own folder where all the audio files will be. (there will be an audio folder sub-folder of the main project folder's name.
    You will probably have to use Explorer (Windows OS) and go and view the Audio Data folder in Cakewalk, otherwise you be looking for the Project folder of the song  and the Audio sub-folder and seeing those audio files there.

post edited by spacealf - 2014/07/06 19:55:07
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1