Problems loading ezdrummer, can anyone help? Thanks

Author
treesbygb
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 36
2011/11/01 08:46:26 (permalink)

Problems loading ezdrummer, can anyone help? Thanks

Hi,
I've recently bought ez drummer and installed it. However when I start homestudio 7 xl I get an error message, saying the following plug in caused an error when loading. Options are to disable it or carry on (risky). I've tried both options.

Ok, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, I've gone to the vst plug in manager and identified the program, and told the DAW to load it, the program file is showing on the vst list and is being scanned, but still doesn't appear in the soft synths or virtual instruments.

After reinstalling it and starting the DAW the same error message appeared as before. It says that EZ drummer has an error, of the "open type" and says it could be the following:

Plug in is not installed correctly (I have installed it and reinstalled it, using the latest version and updates)
Computer is low on memory,(less then half the 500GB memory is used)
The product is copy protected (I have authorised it by starting up ez drummer solo)
The programme is incompatible with the DAW (I'm using Sonar Home Studio 7 XL, is this possible?)

EZdrummer, is proving to be not so easy. I've had difficulty installing it, now problems getting it on to my DAW, I'm not a novice and this product is billed as being suitable for the beginner and pro alike. I'm very disappointed._EZ drummer, say that it must be a problem with sonar, very helpful. I've downloaded all the latest versions, patches etc.

Can anyone help? Thanks in Advance.

Windows 7, Intel i7 2.8 ghz, 4gb Ram, 500 GB hard drive, T.C Electronics twin Impact sound card ASIO,
44.1 khz sample rate. All at 32 bit.

9 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:Problems loading ezdrummer, can anyone help? Thanks 2011/11/01 09:22:25 (permalink)
    in your signature you say you're using win7, then at the end you say "all at 32bit" - is that correct for win7?  if you're using win7x64bit then you MUST update EZD from the toontrack website before it will work.  that's what it sounds like for not showing up in the list list of softsynths.  it won't show up if you're running 64bit windows and you don't have the latest version of EZD from toontrack.

you say you've downloaded "all the latest versions" - what exact version are you running for EZD?  you should be running 1.3.1.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    treesbygb
    Re:Problems loading ezdrummer, can anyone help? Thanks 2011/11/01 11:54:00 (permalink)
    Thanks Beagle,
    it's such a relief to know I'm not alone! I've spent two days on this already! I'm using a 32 bit version of windows 7 and I've installed the latest 32 bit patch for ezdrummer.

Well, another day has gone and still no luck with ezdrummer. However, some progress of sorts. After many uninstalls and reinstalls, I can now start sonar HS7 XL, with no error message. I've been to my plug in in manager and have told it where to look for  EZdrummer. Done the scan etc, and I can see it's scanning it.  However, ez drummer only appears in the VST effects list and not in the VST instruments or any other list, when I try to start ezdrummer in the effects list it crashes sonar.

Thanks again, it's much appreciated.
    Gary
    Beagle
    Re:Problems loading ezdrummer, can anyone help? Thanks 2011/11/01 12:04:56 (permalink)
    you were having an error message opening SHS7XL?  I don't think I understood that from your original post.  what error message was it giving you?

as for EZD not showing up in the VSTi's - where is EZD installed?  do you have that path added in the scan list?

treesbygb
    Re:Problems loading ezdrummer, can anyone help? Thanks 2011/11/01 12:14:47 (permalink)
    Thanks again,
    The original error message said "The following plug in caused an error when loading"
    "Type: Open"
    Then the list of possible causes, which have all been addressed.

I went for the automatic install, and I have told the VST plug ins (VST scan folders) in the global options to look in C/program files/toontrack, it's on the scan list, and seems to scan it. But then only appears in the VST audio effects, when I look in tools, plug in manager. Just can't figure it out.
    Thanks again.
    Beagle
    Re:Problems loading ezdrummer, can anyone help? Thanks 2011/11/01 12:32:35 (permalink)
    I'm trying to make sure I undestand exactly what the problem is before continuing to try to help with troubleshooting, but are you saying that when you LOAD SHS7XL you got this message?  BEFORE you tried to load EZD?

and on the VST scanning - good - I always recommend loading them in the default location and then adding that location to the scan list instead of trying force the install into the default cakewalk vst folder - there are some applications which have had problems doing it that way, but it sounds like you did it correctly (from MY point of view - others would disagree with me).

do a search for the EZD dll file.  make sure it is installed in that toontrack directory that you've added to the scan list.  I don't remember the entire name of the file, and I'm at work and can't look.  but it should be fairly obvious if you look for it.  the extension that needs to be scanned for VSTis is .dll.

treesbygb
    Re:Problems loading ezdrummer, can anyone help? Thanks 2011/11/01 12:42:29 (permalink)
    I appreciate your help, especially as you're at work!
    Yes, the problem seems to be the .dll file. The software was downloaded onto my desk top then installed. The d.ll file was left in the folders on my desk top. However when i add a file to be scanned by the vst that contains the ezdrummer d.ll, I get the error message that the plug in caused an error when loading. I'm unstalling (again) deleting evertyhing and starting again, by downloading a fresh file from toontrack........here we go again....
    Thanks so much.
    Beagle
    Re:Problems loading ezdrummer, can anyone help? Thanks 2011/11/01 12:47:15 (permalink)
    I"m thinking that if the dll was not installed in the correct directory that when you updated the software with the latest patch that it didn't get patched correctly because it wasn't installed in the correct place.

treesbygb
    Re:Problems loading ezdrummer, can anyone help? Thanks 2011/11/02 04:31:54 (permalink)
    Thanks Beagle,
    I've finally got it going after two days. Here's a list of all the problems and solutions encountered so that anybody who has the same difficulties might find an answer here:

Error 1308 when loading from disc- disk is out of date download from toontrack website.
    Error 1309 when installing -right click downloaded zip folder and extract all, simply going for the extract all button doesn't work, because that what I did first time.
    Error loading plug in message from cakewalk -first install not done correctly, as the ezdrummer.dll file was not loaded into the c.program files/toontrack path, Don't waste a day trying to figure this out like I did but uninstall, try again,   then delete and download again from toontrack site and start all over again.
    Can't find ezdrummer in VSTi- go to tools, plug in manager, vst effects find ez drummer click on properties and check configure as synth.
    Now ezdrummer appears in the vsti list, nearly there,  try to add instruments, vst plug ins ez drummer, then there is an error message which crashes sonar- Go back to plug in properties and also check the force stereo box.
    I'm sure This isn't the end of the road, as you can imagine, I've lost confidence in the EZ nature of this software and am very disappointed that I've encountered so many problems. This has never happened with any other plug in I've used so I can only deduce that toontrack have still got a bit of work to do before charging £85 for this.
    On the plus side, techinical support were quick to try and help, up to a point, and the kind souls who help on these forums, both toon track and cakewalk, rekindle my enthusaism for human nature.
    Thanks again.
    Gary
    Beagle
    Re:Problems loading ezdrummer, can anyone help? Thanks 2011/11/02 09:46:07 (permalink)
    sorry you've had so many problems, but glad you have it working now.  FWIW I love EZD (and Superior Drummer) and did not have any problems with installation like you've had.  I'm not sure why it happened to you, but your experience is certainly not typical.

happy recording (and drum programming)!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1