Problems with EZ DRUMMER & CWHS 6 XL

Author
Udoug2
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 51
2009/03/02 13:45:15 (permalink)

Problems with EZ DRUMMER & CWHS 6 XL

I need some help with my recording set up.

I have a 1.5 GHZ Gateway laptop with 2GB RAM. I am running Cakewalk HS 6 XL and EZ drummer. My computer has a soundmax audio card. I have a M-Audio Firewire Audiophile and a Behringer 802 mixer. I am also using a Digitech RP 500 as a guitar input.

I am new at all of this and I am having trouble gettng this all set up. When I drag a EZ drum file over to a Cakewalk track it plays fine. When I set up to record a guitar track the ez drummer audio starts distorting and slowing down. Of course during playback the recorded "audio" is a mess.

Any suggestions for helping me get this set up? I think I have a reasonablyfast machine and enough RAM. I am not trying to run several virtual synths at one time... so I'm stuck.

All ideas and suggestions welcome.

THANKS!

Gateway 1.5 GHz CPU 2GB RAM 80 GB 7200 rpm HD WIN XP SP2 Lexicon Alpha 2.0 USB, E-MU Xboard 49, Digitech RP 500, Behringer UB802

1 Reply Related Threads

cindi0128
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 18
    RE: Problems with EZ DRUMMER & CWHS 6 XL 2009/03/03 11:56:16 (permalink)
    Hi-

I think we need more information - it sounds like you're trying to record two instruments onto one audio track. If you have recorded the drums first, and then, leaving the audio track armed, record the guitar over the first recording, that might be the problem - you need to create a new audio track. You'll need to click the R on the first audio track that you recorded drums on in order to turn off the R for recording, and then create a new audio track and click the R on it. Each instrument needs to be in its own audio track for clarity purposes. Additionally, did you change the Gain level or the Volume? They should be at 0. Another factor could be that as you're playing the MIDI track (Cakewalk Track) through your sound card (having your sound card selected in the Output of your MIDI track) that you might need to lower the volume settings or change other settings on your sound card - your sound might be piping through too loud - did you notice the meters on your Audio Track to see if the bar was touching the top? It should never touch the top, should stay a healthy distance away from topping out because that in and of itself will cause distortion - it could be simply your sound card's volume settings. Hope this helps. Cindi
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1