Problems with MIDI triggering between Alesis DM Lite and Addictive Drums 2

Author
mphmusic
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 34
2015/02/11 10:27:09 (permalink)

Problems with MIDI triggering between Alesis DM Lite and Addictive Drums 2

I have tried to contact XLN Audio several times but I am beginning to doubt whether they are even operating anymore as I have had no reply in 3 weeks and their Twitter hasn't had an update since 2013! So, as it came free with Sonar, I wondered if I might get some support on here - here's the issue:
I have set up the drum map on Addictive Drums 2 to the DM Lite preset and everything is mapped fine with very little latency on all pads. The only problem I have is that the hi-hat pedal doesn't seem to operate the way it should. To show you what I mean here is a list of my actions, the MIDI message received by AD2 and the outputted sound, in sequence:

Action 1: I hit hi-hat with pedal up (open). 
MIDI message: Key 46  Vel:127  (IN) / CC HiHat Tip (OUT) 
Sound heard: Open Hi-Hat 

Action 2: I hit hi-hat with pedal down (closed). 
MIDI message: CC4 127 (IN) / PedalCC 100% Closed (OUT) 

Action 3: I hit hi-hat with pedal down (closed). 
MIDI message: CC4 127 (IN) / PedalCC 100% Closed (OUT)
Sound heard: Closed Hi-Hat 

Action 4: I hit hi-hat with pedal up (open). 
MIDI message: CC4 0 (IN) / PedalCC 100% Open (OUT). 
Sound heard: Closed Hi-Hat. 

Action 5: I hit hi-hat with pedal up (open). 
MIDI message: Key 46  Vel:127 (IN) / CC HiHat Tip (OUT).

Read through the above carefully, but I think the MIDI messages coming through seem to be correct in terms of open/closed messages, yet the sound coming out does not correlate. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Mike.

3 Replies Related Threads

mphmusic
    Re: Problems with MIDI triggering between Alesis DM Lite and Addictive Drums 2 2015/02/13 09:39:30 (permalink)
    Turns out XLN Audio are still going, they are just snowed under with support requests, hence why it took them 3 weeks to reply. Still no joy in solving the problem though!
    stooovie
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Problems with MIDI triggering between Alesis DM Lite and Addictive Drums 2 2015/05/04 16:07:06 (permalink)
    DM Lite is unable to transmit CC and note of closed hihat. It's not a Cakewalk or AD issue :( It's the same in Windows, OSX and whatever DAW I tried.
    mphmusic
    Re: Problems with MIDI triggering between Alesis DM Lite and Addictive Drums 2 2015/05/05 06:38:34 (permalink)
    Stoovie - I had a long back and forth with Addictive Drums but managed to help them locate the bug and this is now fixed with the latest version of Addictive Drums 2 - just run the XLN Updater program to get this patch.

Since then though - completely unrelated to AD2 - the DM Lite seems to cause Sonar to crash frequently, even if it is not being played.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1