Problems with audio hardware setup

Author
Unforgiving
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/01/30 14:36:26 (permalink)

Problems with audio hardware setup

I just recently bought Guitar Track Pro 4 without the interface, with the hopes of using my amps direct USB output. I have a Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp. It has both auxilar jacks, and a USB line which I have read is entire possible to use as a recording interface. I am inexperienced at recording setup so this might be an easy fix but my problem is this:

My computer, (Windows XP 2000) recognizes the amp as an audio recording device. When I open Guitar Tracks pro 4 it prompts me to choose a MIDI device, and my amp does not show up on the list. When I click on my audio setup in the menu, my recording input is set to the USB audio recording device. I've run the wave profiler and everything seems to check out okay, but I can't record anything, there is no sound. No matter how much I fiddle with the drivers and whatnot I still can't choose it as  MIDI device. Im used the REAPER recording software that came free with the amp and it worked just fine, but I can't get anything going with Guitar Tracks Pro. Short of returning the product and going to buy the full version of REAPER I feel I'm out of options.

Any help would be really appreciated.

3 Replies Related Threads

Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re:Problems with audio hardware setup 2010/01/30 15:15:27 (permalink)
    I am not GP user but when you create an audio track is it showing an audio input?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    Unforgiving
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Problems with audio hardware setup 2010/01/31 23:18:21 (permalink)
    No the only time the software recognizes that I even have an audio device plugged in is when I pull it up in the options menu. Other than that it doesn't pick up any MIDI devices or audio recording devices, even when I hit the record button.
    Divinit
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 75
    Re:Problems with audio hardware setup 2010/02/03 23:59:45 (permalink)
    Your amp's direct USB out will record as an audio track, but not a MIDI track. You don't have a MIDI interface, according to what you've said.
    Once you record to an AUDIO track, and enable playback using your onboard sound card on the computer <no MIDI interface>, it should play audio for you. You need to get an inexpensive MIDI interface if you want to record MIDI tracks.

I hope I understood your quandary, and am not trying to be a know it all...

Blessings!!

When one is doing the process of self-analysis, One should make sure that the Self that is doing the analysis is, in fact, sane.

Sonar X3 (always patched to current)
    Win7X64
    8gb RAM
    Quad Core AMD 3.6mhz
    TASCAM USB interface
    EMU 1616m PCIe interface w/breakout
    Rapture, Dimension Pro, Studio Instruments, Zeta 2, tons more of Cakewalk's software
    Tons of IK, NI Camel Audio and other softsynths, plugins
    M-Audio Keystation Pro 88
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1