Problems with moving Studio Instruments registration/license to another PC

Author
shemeckfrac
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2010/01/21 04:45:36 (permalink)

Problems with moving Studio Instruments registration/license to another PC

A while ago installed and registered/licensed Studio Instruments on the temporary computer with intention of moving the software and license to a new PC which I intended to purchase for purpose of running Cakewalk products.

Foolishly I thought that the uninstall process will automatically unregister the Studio Instruments from the original temporary computer (and Cakewalk database) and make the license available for the new PC.

After installing the software on the new PC, the registration of Studio Instruments from both, the Product Registration window and online has failed.

There surely must be way to move the registration/license between computers.

Can anyone advise?

1 Reply Related Threads

RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re:Problems with moving Studio Instruments registration/license to another PC 2010/01/21 07:33:37 (permalink)
    Studio Instruments is not registered to a particular PC. It is registered to you. You only need to register once.
    You can install it on several of your own machines, with the condition that you only actively use one at any given time.
    When you install SI (or any Cakewalk software) on the second computer, don't attempt to register it again. That's already been done.
    Just enter the registration key when you are prompted.
    This confirms the registration locally, and you will be good to go.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1