Program lockup problem!

Author
MegaTony
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2005/07/02 17:15:54 (permalink)

Program lockup problem!

Ok, I just got the program today, expecting great things with midi creation. But sadly there is a problem when I play the music back at all times. When it finishes or I press stop, the program locks up completely. "Not Responding". This has been happening since I first installed it, and I reinstalled it as well, and still does not work. I have no problems with the midi or anything else, it justs seems to be locking up everytime I play back the music and press stop or when the music ends. If there is a patch, please direct me to it. Because the site's updates page keeps sending me to a page that does not help with finding any patches, if any. Thanks...

I have a Creative Labs Audigy 2, 24bit. 512 ram, p4 2.4 processor.

3 Replies Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Program lockup problem! 2005/07/03 01:06:11 (permalink)
    There are no updates, or patches, not responding is a windows problem most times, it sounds to me like you have a conflict somewhere. What programs are running in the background, like firewalls, antivirus, popstoppers? What is the buffering settings, also check the sampling rate set in MC, and make sure it is set to match the creative cards setting, Audagy and SB Live use 48,000 htz sampling and many times MC is set to 44,100 Htz. this can cause problems.

When i fiorst set up my sound card on this system, i had the card and the video card on the same IRQ and that caused big problems, once fixed it ran smoothly.
    MegaTony
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Program lockup problem! 2005/07/03 13:42:12 (permalink)
    I guess I'll just have to wait for a windows update or something. I brought the card up to 48,000htz, and I also shut off window's firewall. I don't have any anti virus or anything else that would be in use while running the program. Still likes to lock up. Thanks for trying though, seems like windows has it bad on me this year.
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Program lockup problem! 2005/07/03 15:03:39 (permalink)
    There will not be any update on windows for cakewalk, why don't you give us the run down on your system, and we can maybe stop shooting in the dark. How much ram, What version of windows, what CPU speed, what sound card, what type of tracks are in the song when it locks up? this will help us help you, so many folks come here and ask for help but give little or no information as to what you have done and even have, computers are far to wide of a field to be able to help that way, imagine calling aauto dealer and saying i have a car and it stalls what is wrong? they would not be able to help, now if you call and say i have a toyota Celica, 2001 V-6 Automatic, and it will start and then stall, i have checked the gas, and fluids and all is well there, then they might say it could be the fuel pump, or fuel filter, or something like that. See my point, we are not mind readers.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1