Project 5 and Smart Loops?

Author
LauraBlack
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2007/11/22 23:24:46 (permalink)

Project 5 and Smart Loops?

I bought a few of the Smart Loops CDs awhile ago. Can I use them as sounds in the synths in Project 5? If so, how do I load them?
Thanks,
Laura

3 Replies Related Threads

pwal
    Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2909
    RE: Project 5 and Smart Loops? 2007/11/23 07:12:09 (permalink)
    just load them as audio loops (drag'n'drop)

list of stuff
    everdream
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 139
    RE: Project 5 and Smart Loops? 2007/11/23 19:54:46 (permalink)
    I agree with pwal. LauraBlack, you don't necessarily have to use the loops with any synth at all! P5 can handle Acid-ized audio loops right out of the box. Just use the loop explorer (bottom window pane in P5), navigate to your loops and drag-n-drop as pwal says. You can preview them before using them in your project. It's very easy - give it shot!

Now, if you're serious about using the loops with a synth... then that's a different matter and probably best left to the pros on this forum to explain better than I can. However, I know that Dimension (LE or Pro) is a synth that's up to the task, allowing you to manipulate your waveforms in many ways. Also, Cyclone or Velocity can trigger loops/samples very nicely (if that's what you intend to do with your loops), as well as do some limited tweaking of the waveforms.

Perhaps, you should specify how you want to work with your loops and what type of loops are contained on your CDs? I hope that helps!
    ecamburn
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1510
    RE: Project 5 and Smart Loops? 2007/11/24 11:11:34 (permalink)
    just to expand a bit on what pwal and everdream said...

If you put a loop in the arrange pane it will be on an audio track. Acidized loops like the smart loops will show up as a groove clip in your audio track. To expand it out simply click on the far right hand side of the groove clip and drag it out for as long as you like.

Also, cyclone does a lot more than trigger loops. It allows you to rearrange loop slices, to modify the pitch, level and pan of each slice and to route each of its pads through a different audio out, which means that you can use a different set of audio effects for each audio output.

hth.

eric
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1