Project Audio Folder Never Changes

Author
Ricebug
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 181
2017/06/13 00:02:27 (permalink)

Project Audio Folder Never Changes

Every song I work on, when I click on the Media tab and select Project Audio Folder (PAF), it defaults to the same folder. Ev-er-y-time. Prior to this, whenever I opened a CWP file, I had to navigate to the correct PAF.

Seems the CWP file should remember to  also call up the related PAF.

Sonar Platinum / AMD 5 ghz 8-core CPU w/8 GB RAM / nVidia GTX-780 graphics / Roland A-500Pro MIDI keyboard / Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 interface / Komplete 9 Ultimate / Melodyne Essential / Digitech Vocalist Live Pro/ Roland MSGS synth module / Rode NT2 microphone / an understanding wife

7 Replies Related Threads

whattarush
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 713
    Re: Project Audio Folder Never Changes 2017/06/13 18:26:19 (permalink)
    Go to preferences and change your default project drive/folder designation to the folder you want to record/store your files. When you create a new song it will default to that location. Also be sure to check the "per project audio folder" option in preferences.
    post edited by whattarush - 2017/06/13 21:08:05

"When your moving in the positive, your destination is the brightest star"!!! www.elmarqrecords.com/ www.reverbnation.com/label/elmarqrecordsllc" www.facebook.com/pages/ElMarq-Records/160103362281 "Never look down on anyone UNLESS you're picking them up!"
    Ricebug
    Re: Project Audio Folder Never Changes 2017/06/13 22:13:46 (permalink)
    Ahh... Looking at the Global Audio Folder, I saw that stupid song that Sonar always defaulted to. Fixed that.

I can't find anything that says, "per project audio folder." Not in Preferences, anyway.

Sonar Platinum / AMD 5 ghz 8-core CPU w/8 GB RAM / nVidia GTX-780 graphics / Roland A-500Pro MIDI keyboard / Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 interface / Komplete 9 Ultimate / Melodyne Essential / Digitech Vocalist Live Pro/ Roland MSGS synth module / Rode NT2 microphone / an understanding wife
    whattarush
    • Total Posts : 713
    Re: Project Audio Folder Never Changes 2017/06/14 02:50:47 (permalink)
    It use to be under Edit>Preferences>File>Audio Data but it appears to have been removed. "Per project audio" must now be standard, i would assume. Can anyone else verify this?

"When your moving in the positive, your destination is the brightest star"!!! www.elmarqrecords.com/ www.reverbnation.com/label/elmarqrecordsllc" www.facebook.com/pages/ElMarq-Records/160103362281 "Never look down on anyone UNLESS you're picking them up!"
    The Grim
    • Total Posts : 724
    Re: Project Audio Folder Never Changes 2017/06/14 02:57:53 (permalink)
    there is a thread/post about it here somewhere, iirc it has something to do with how you start a new project, for example via the start screen, via the menu etc etc, some have per project folders by default, some not. i can't recall the specifics and i don't much use sonar any longer, but i think via the start screen is one that gives default per project folders, i could be wrong though, but it has been discussed before and someone listed out how it works
    The Grim
    • Total Posts : 724
    Re: Project Audio Folder Never Changes 2017/06/14 03:09:24 (permalink)
    Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: Project Audio Folder Never Changes 2017/06/14 04:06:14 (permalink)
    This has caught a few people over time. At least it's now the default. 
    So I know you don't have to do what I do anymore but people still seem to loose track of files so at least my method is bullet proof. . 

What I have always done is set my project file pathway to the top tree of my Sonar Data drive.   I have containment folders there for each Album, Backing tracks, Originals etc as well as my mixdown folders.  

When ever I start a new project I immediately ( before I record anything) "save as" and
    IMPORTANT_ check the "Copy audio with Project" box, even if there is no audio yet. 
    I browse to the album folder where the project belongs ( if you don't want album folders skip this step) 
    I create a new folder named after the song ( ya I know, Sonar will do this,, maybe) 
    I then save ( with new name)  the new project within that folder.  
    There will be an Audio folder that will ALWAYS be with that project in it's own folder. 

I have never lost audio since I adapted this habit. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Ricebug
    Re: Project Audio Folder Never Changes 2017/06/14 20:28:55 (permalink)
    @Bob Bone: I read that article. I'll make a hard link to it for future reference (until the programmers decide to make things "better.") 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1